Trevor Lawrence Advised to Avoid Jets

QB in NYC is much better than a QB in Cincinnati or Jacksonville, hell most places in the NFL.  Lots of dysfunctional organizations out there.  Pretty sure the Jets made two AFC Championship games while the Bills went without a playoff game for 17 years.  Don't throw stones especially while our defense collapses before our eyes

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't remember this at all.  Take that Fireman Ed. 😂

After finishing 1-15 in 1996, the Jets were primed to select Peyton Manning with the No. 1 pick and team him up with the newly hired Bill Parcells and previous top pick and wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson.

Then the future Hall of Famer Manning stunningly announced he would return to Tennessee for his senior season, creating one of the biggest what-ifs in Jets history.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

The jets should fire gase. Then tell teams...look what happened with tannehill after he left Miami give us your offers for Sam.  Indy, San Fran, minny? Would they give a first? Jets then have three firsts to start loading around Lawrence.  But I hope they won’t 

17 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

I don't remember this at all.  Take that Fireman Ed. 😂

After finishing 1-15 in 1996, the Jets were primed to select Peyton Manning with the No. 1 pick and team him up with the newly hired Bill Parcells and previous top pick and wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson.

Then the future Hall of Famer Manning stunningly announced he would return to Tennessee for his senior season, creating one of the biggest what-ifs in Jets history.

I forgot about that too

I hate to stand up for a division rival - but this kind of thinking is absolutely ridiculous.  

The Bills were a joke for years.  Now we're back on the upswing. The league has countless stories like that over the years.

Anyone remember the Patsies?  Yeah - I barely do, as well.

34 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The jets should fire gase. Then tell teams...look what happened with tannehill after he left Miami give us your offers for Sam.  Indy, San Fran, minny? Would they give a first? Jets then have three firsts to start loading around Lawrence.  But I hope they won’t 

I read an article last week saying the Jets will be lucky to get a 2nd for Darnold. I know he has very little help from his teammates but I mean he just looks completely lost out there and his confidence broken. 

Count me in the minority here, but I have a problem with these kids coming out of college and dictating where they will or won't go. It really rubs me the wrong way. I remember when Eli came out, and basically said he refused to go to the Chargers.  They ended up swinging a trade with the Giants and got an extra 1st rounder, or two?  I can't remember.  But even back then, I thought to myself, "what a primadonna".  And I don't have anything against Eli, but I'm old school.  I'm of the belief that playing in the National Football League is a privilege that less than 1% of the population ever gets bestowed upon them, and to be selected in the NFL draft is an honor of the highest level.  The NFL draft is a tradition that has gone on for as long as it has without a hitch, and was designed to promote competitiveness amongst teams.  Now you got these kids coming out of college, with everyone in their ear, telling them how great they are, how their crap doesn't stink, and they can tell the NFL where THEY want to go....really?  

I'm sorry, I just don't think it should be that way. IMO, you go where you're drafted.  If you have a problem with that, there's always the CFL, Arena football, the XFL, whatever.  But no NFL for you.  You had the chance, and you chose to make a statement "I'm bigger than the NFL."  So godspeed young man.  

I know I may be alone in my thinking, but I feel like if we start (or continue) letting these kids dictate where they go when they're drafted, or say where they won't go, we're setting ourselves up for further chaos and audacious actions down the road.  Furthermore, we're jeopardizing a tradition that has been a part of the league for damn near ever, and messing with the competitive spirit the game revolves around.   Just my two cents..

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Count me in the minority here, but I have a problem with these kids coming out of college and dictating where they will or won't go. It really rubs me the wrong way. I remember when Eli came out, and basically said he refused to go to the Chargers.  They ended up swinging a trade with the Giants and got an extra 1st rounder, or two?  I can't remember.  But even back then, I thought to myself, "what a primadonna".  And I don't have anything against Eli, but I'm old school.  I'm of the belief that playing in the National Football League is a privilege that less than 1% of the population ever gets bestowed upon them, and to be selected in the NFL draft is an honor of the highest level.  The NFL draft is a tradition that has gone on for as long as it has without a hitch, and was designed to promote competitiveness amongst teams.  Now you got these kids coming out of college, with everyone in their ear, telling them how great they are, how their crap doesn't stink, and they can tell the NFL where THEY want to go....really?  

I'm sorry, I just don't think it should be that way. IMO, you go where you're drafted.  If you have a problem with that, there's always the CFL, Arena football, the XFL, whatever.  But no NFL for you.  You had the chance, and you chose to make a statement "I'm bigger than the NFL."  So godspeed young man.  

I know I may be alone in my thinking, but I feel like if we start (or continue) letting these kids dictate where they go when they're drafted, or say where they won't go, we're setting ourselves up for further chaos and audacious actions down the road.  Furthermore, we're jeopardizing a tradition that has been a part of the league for damn near ever, and messing with the competitive spirit the game revolves around.   Just my two cents..

Go yell at Jim Kelly

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

What exactly is wrong with that?

When you graduated college didnt you have a say in where you wanted to work? 

Who cares about tradition and a fantasy draft world. This is a person who has to consider how this move will impact the rest of his life and his family’s life. The Jets will move on as a franchise with or without Trevor for as long as the NFL is around. Trevor has one shot at this however. A window of a few years to realistically make an impression in the NFL. Im sure Darnold looks back now at his draft and wonders what wouldve been if another team drafted him. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Go yell at Jim Kelly

I don't think Kelly is a great comp here. He leveraged a different league and a big paycheck to avoid Buffalo. That's not quite the same as forcing a trade (like Eli) or forgoing the big paycheck for a year at the risk of injury (like Peyton).

• Like (+1) 1