Does Josh Allen remind anybody of much more athletic former Bills QB?

DBilz2500

Maybe the last two losses have muddled my mind but does josh Allen remind anybody of a much more athletic “in his prime” Drew Bledsoe? Both are/were  big bodied players with big arms, scatter shot accuracy with the ability at any time to either have a 400 yard game or a stinker like last night. Drew was a guy that was always so close to being “The Guy” and was even capable of a few playoff wins with the right circumstances and players around him. He was one of those QBs that was always just good enough not to move on from but never quite good enough to be that elite, carry a team on his back Super Bowl winning QB. Is this the type of player that Allen may end up being? Flame away 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Maybe the last two losses have muddled my mind but does josh Allen remind anybody of a much more athletic “in his prime” Drew Bledsoe? Both are/were  big bodied players with big arms, scatter shot accuracy with the ability at any time to either have a 400 yard game or a stinker like last night. Drew was a guy that was always so close to being “The Guy” and was even capable of a few playoff wins with the right circumstances and players around him. He was one of those QBs that was always just good enough not to move on from but never quite good enough to be that elite, carry a team on his back Super Bowl winning QB. Is this the type of player that Allen may end up being? Flame away 

Truthfully, No, especially not at the point where Bledsoe was here.

We don't know yet what Josh Allen will end up being.

• Like (+1) 2

I actually do see some comparisons between the 2.

I actually have another modern comparison to Josh Allen:

Eli Manning.

Manning would make some plays that make you shake your head, but he was big in big games when he needed to be and was a better leader then most give him credit for.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

Not even close.

During his 14 year career Drew had 764 yards rushing and was sacked for 3135 yards.

Josh in less than 2 1/2 years has 1284 yards rushing and 521 in sack yards.

Drew was a statue.

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, not seeing it.

Let's see: big, athletic, big arm, some accuracy issues, raw when he got to the Bills. That would be closest to ... Joe Ferguson. Of course Josh is a lot taller, but Joe was pretty good sized for his day, he had the cannon arm, and he was a very good scrambler in his early days. Oh, and he had his own accuracy issues.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

you are really forcing it to make the comparison. It’s more “I want to compare these” than “these naturally seem similar”

32 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

I want to use the laugh reaction to this, but you don’t deserve the point to your rep for this. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

you are really forcing it to make the comparison. It’s more “I want to compare these” than “these naturally seem similar”

Well yea I guess the past two losses have really put me over the edge 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

what I have said from day one  Plays like his hairs on fire  Favre used to do the same crazy head scratchers from time to time

hmm .. .. i like it.  A lot like Favre when he started out.  Yes.   Favre was so raw.  Yes.   but Favre got crazy accurate over time.   Josh is getting there.  

When you can do what Josh can do physically,  you really want to stick with this and see where it goes.   He wants to get better so badly.   the coaches will straighten him out.  

My bigger concern is that not many plays called have been very effective the past couple weeks.   Looked to me like Josh had nowhere to go with the ball most passing plays.  is that on him?  don't think so...  has the league figured out what Daboll is doing?    Josh/Daboll has definately hit a flat spot.   Need Feliciano and Spain back.  

11 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

hmm .. .. i like it.  A lot like Favre when he started out.  Yes.   Favre was so raw.  Yes.   but Favre got crazy accurate over time.   Josh is getting there.  

When you can do what Josh can do physically,  you really want to stick with this and see where it goes.   He wants to get better so badly.   the coaches will straighten him out.  

My bigger concern is that not many plays called have been very effective the past couple weeks.   Looked to me like Josh had nowhere to go with the ball most passing plays.  is that on him?  don't think so...  has the league figured out what Daboll is doing?    Josh/Daboll has definately hit a flat spot.   Need Feliciano and Spain back.  

In the first half of the Titans game, we had short stuff open. Allen was striving to "go for the gusto" as he had with easy the previous week, but the Titans were able to smother Diggs with blankets.  When he started taking that short stuff in the 2nd half, we did much better - until he "got greedy" and threw the pick.

I don't know yet what was going on with the Chiefs defense.   I know until they started racking up the PI penalties I saw some mugging going on.

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did anyone else see during the KC game, he seems to refuse to check it down to the flat even on early downs. 

I’ve seen The same with Aaron Rodgers recently and early on Andrew Luck early in his career. 

I think he needs to start using that occasionally

It's been a perennial problem for Allen, to the point that I suggested facetiously last year that Singletary should be equipped with the sort of 8' blaze-orange fiberglass pole used to mark Syracuse fire hydrants, in order to make him more noticable to Josh in these circumstances.

It is possible that Kroft and Knox would also benefit by this novel variation on allowed NFL uniform.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1