2020 World Series

CowgirlsFan

5 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

And after only throwing 73 pitches. I guess he was saving him for tomorrow night. lol

They have absolutely ruined baseball with the over-managing and the home run-or-nothing offense.

The day I am appointed Emperor, every fence in MLB will be pushed back 50 feet.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

They have absolutely ruined baseball with the over-managing and the home run-or-nothing offense.

Was lamenting the K/HR mentality to my son earlier. Bottom 8, 27 strikeouts so far.  In the biggest game of many of these players lives they barely put the ball in play.

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Was lamenting the K/HR mentality to my son earlier. Bottom 8, 27 strikeouts so far.  In the biggest game of many of these players lives they barely put the ball in play.

I think the last time I saw a ground out was 2015.

It’s shocking how quickly they’ve made postseason baseball almost unwatchable.

17 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Our son could have played college football or soccer (albeit medium to smallish time). As a young kid who played AAU and Rec League baseball we got the call about would he play All Stars and lead off hit while playing second. I put the guy on hold and asked our son. He asked “do I have to? Half the guys are standing around, and the other half are SITTING”. I was so relieved! 

I’ll go to a MLB game (actually prefer the minors but I’m 3 miles from the Braves stadium) for the ambiance, a beer and some peanuts. Not the sport. I know that’s unpopular with some but the game has managed to become even more unwatchable. 

Edited by Augie

7 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Well that was just a nice DP.

And for the record, the game on Saturday nigh was epic even with all the early HRs.

I guess, in that the Rays somehow stuck around even though the Dodgers has every hit they needed.  But I’ve seen dozens of World Series games more entertaining than that HR derby. To me, only the fluky ending made it memorable.

2 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Congrats to Kershaw.

I agree with that.  Always liked him and as with Manning, never bought into the post season criticism.

A player getting pulled out mid game due to a positive test is absolutely wild. If it spread to a couple other players, after these celebrations the entire team and their families will have it. 

Imagine there was a game 7?? They would have to postpone it I guess. 

Edited by Process

1 hour ago, Process said:

A player getting pulled out mid game due to a positive test is absolutely wild. If it spread to a couple other players, after these celebrations the entire team and their families will have it. 

Well they avoided that sort of mess. 

I watched the game tonight; it's just not right watching LA play TB in the World Series in a mostly empty ballpark in Texas! 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Lmao . This is crazy. 2020!!

Edited by Process

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

I think the last time I saw a ground out was 2015.

It’s shocking how quickly they’ve made postseason baseball almost unwatchable.

27 strikeouts tonight.  Tony Gwynn played for 20 years and averaged a little under 22 per SEASON.

If Gwynn were playing at SDSU this year would he even get a sniff from the scouts?  Greg Maddux didn't throw 100 MPH.  Would he get a serious chance?  Baseball is a game of diversity that has inched it's way toward being very uniform.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

OMG, the last two batters went down looking. Can't make this stuff up. In the er where nobody GAF if they strikeout the game ended on four straight strikes and only one swing.

Congrats to Kershaw.

Urias was lethal.  That last pitch was the perfect end to a very questionable last 3 WS involving the Dodgers... he threw smoke STRAIGHT down the center of the plate.   Perfect ending.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

It's not the damn Yankees vs. the Red Sox, it's the Dodgers.  This is what pitching looks like... and now with great hitters.  

6 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Urias was lethal.  That last pitch was the perfect end to a very questionable last 3 WS involving the Dodgers... he threw smoke STRAIGHT down the center of the plate.   Perfect ending.  

Last FOUR pitches were lethal!

Brosseau & Adames are still looking towards the "Grassy Knoll" and "Book Depository" to find out what hit then! They're in the upper deck looking for their jock.  Pure smoke...

Last 4 pitches of WS:

Struck-out looking

Strike swinging

Strike looking

Struck-out looking

As Irv (Weinstein) would say:

"Pure Power Perfection Puts Punks Packing, Polishes 2020 World Series... Story at Eleven!"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.