2020 World Series

CowgirlsFan

The Rays. It's not because I like them, it's because I don't like who they beat to get this far.

If the Rays win, Tampa will have a shot at winning 3 straight championships in different sports - hockey, baseball, football. Obviously I don't want the last one to happen, but I wonder if it's been done before. Closest I can come up with is Jets (1968/1969), Mets (1969) and Knicks (1969/1970). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

That's just good tough baserunning right there

Amen; good old school baseball.  

The best thing about baseball is you still get some bench clearing brawls every year and it's just considered part of the game.

No one is trying to "fix" the game  and remove it, as we have seen with hockey over the years.

The NHL game is now completely different to what it was in the '80s and even '90s.  

Baseball has done a good job of remaining "baseball".

The decision, made a long time ago, to only allow wooden bats, was a fantastic idea, for example.  

Keep the game as it was, the best you can.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The best thing about baseball is you still get some bench clearing brawls every year and it's just considered part of the game.

No one is trying to "fix" the game  and remove it, as we have seen with hockey over the years.

The NHL game is now completely different to what it was in the '80s and even '90s.  

Baseball has done a good job of remaining "baseball".

The decision, made a long time ago, to only allow wooden bats, was a fantastic idea, for example.  

Keep the game as it was, the best you can.

I agree with most of this.

But if they keep that G'damn start extra innings with a runner on second next year,

ALL that is out the window.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

That's just good tough baserunning right there

50 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's neither.

I get made fun of, both here and in real life, for being such a baseball purist.

I have no problem with tough baserunning (the Buster Posey rule is for pussies), chin music, a well-timed fight, retaliation, etc.

But that dirty slide is comparable to a pitcher throwing at a batter's head.  NOT part of the game.  Never has been; never should be.

You can be tough without being dirty.  That was dirty and it ruined a player's career.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's neither.

I get made fun of, both here and in real life, for being such a baseball purist.

I have no problem with tough baserunning (the Buster Posey rule is for pussies), chin music, a well-timed fight, retaliation, etc.

But that dirty slide is comparable to a pitcher throwing at a batter's head.  NOT part of the game.  Never has been; never should be.

You can be tough without being dirty.  That was dirty and it ruined a player's career.

Agreed. Pete Rose was a tough, hard-nosed competitor. Chase Utley was nothing but a dirty scumbag. Period.

Personally, I'm pulling for the Rays (my namesake 😉). The only time I have ever pulled for the Dodgers in a WS is when they were playing the Yankees. I'll pull for anyone against the Skanks. The Dodgers are nothing more than the NL version of the Yankees or Red Sox. Screw them. Plus, the Lakers just won a championship. The city of LA doesn't need another championship (yeah, yeah...I know Tampa just won the Stanley Cup) and the Rays are only appearing in their second WS and have yet to win one.

(LFGM!)

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

It's neither.

But that dirty slide is comparable to results in a pitcher throwing at a batter's head.  NOT part of the game.  Never has been; never should be part of the game.

FIFY

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Agreed. Pete Rose was a tough, hard-nosed competitor. Chase Utley was nothing but a dirty scumbag. Period.

Personally, I'm pulling for the Rays (my namesake 😉). The only time I have ever pulled for the Dodgers in a WS is when they were playing the Yankees. I'll pull for anyone against the Skanks. The Dodgers are nothing more than the NL version of the Yankees or Red Sox. Screw them. Plus, the Lakers just won a championship. The city of LA doesn't need another championship (yeah, yeah...I know Tampa just won the Stanley Cup) and the Rays are only appearing in their second WS and have yet to win one.

(LFGM!)

Cohen will be approved in less than a few weeks if not sooner!!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.