Pretty shocking stat I just heard on Michael Kay Show

JerseyBills

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm driving home , I live in NYC area so I flip on the Kay show and a caller brings up Dallas, blames Jerry Jones. 

Long story short, Don La Greca hates Jones and they're going back n forth and La Greca says the Cowboys are 1 of 8 teams to not make a Championship Game since 1996. 

I quickly do the math and I'm shocked that 75% of the NFL has been to an AFC or NFC title game since 96 and of course Buffalo is 1 of 8 teams that hasn't.  Also mentioned Texans being a team that hasn't but they started up in 02. 

Just thought that was unbelievable.  I'd have never guessed that 75% has been to a title game in 23 years. 

My point, aside from being shocked ,as most of you know,  is we are starved for success and that's definitely one of the reasons we tend to overreact.  

NFC has had remarkable parity. On the AFC side a bit less so. I am guessing the 8 are:

Bills, Browns, Dolphins, Bengals, Texans, Lions, Cowboys, Washington. 

You guys left out EJ.  Losman, Edwards, EJ.  Terrible QB picks.

Patriots always seem to get numbers and percentages favor them because they get more picks.  And they sign used cigar players with something left in the tank.  

and the game was and is won at the line of scrimmage.  We had Peters and Dareus.  They hated being in Buffalo.

Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods...great players...not for us.

And although I liked CJ Spiller...not a good first round pick at all...need beef on the line.

Edited by LHS78Billsfan

2 hours ago, QCity said:

Nobody with a lick of football sense thought the Bills were supposed to be contenders this year. A bunch of cheerleaders wearing rose-colored glasses made Super Bowl plans after we beat the Jets and Dolphins.

The offseason narrative was that 1) Josh would improve as a passer and 2) we had the best chance to win our division. Both are coming true.

This is a good take. I think you have to take it one step more though.  I think many of us feel that if Josh improved (and he has) and they win they division(which I still think they will), THEN they should win at least one playoff game.  A first round playoff loss with the first two conditions met would be a let down.  Not a tragedy but a significant let down.  

2 hours ago, QCity said:

Nobody with a lick of football sense thought the Bills were supposed to be contenders this year. A bunch of cheerleaders wearing rose-colored glasses made Super Bowl plans after we beat the Jets and Dolphins.

The offseason narrative was that 1) Josh would improve as a passer and 2) we had the best chance to win our division. Both are coming true.

Wait...what??  They were/are considered favorites to win the Division.  Would that not make them contenders?

Is this a joke?

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm driving home , I live in NYC area so I flip on the Kay show and a caller brings up Dallas, blames Jerry Jones. 

Long story short, Don La Greca hates Jones and they're going back n forth and La Greca says the Cowboys are 1 of 8 teams to not make a Championship Game since 1996. 

I quickly do the math and I'm shocked that 75% of the NFL has been to an AFC or NFC title game since 96 and of course Buffalo is 1 of 8 teams that hasn't.  Also mentioned Texans being a team that hasn't but they started up in 02. 

Just thought that was unbelievable.  I'd have never guessed that 75% has been to a title game in 23 years. 

My point, aside from being shocked ,as most of you know,  is we are starved for success and that's definitely one of the reasons we tend to overreact.  

1997-2020 would be 46 championship games, or 92 different chances for teams to play in championship games 

I'm more surprised that 8 teams haven't been there in that timeframe. 

7 hours ago, McBean said:

Awesome post.

Thats why when I see fans giving all this love to McDermott for being a mediocre HC it makes me sick.

We should want more.

Looks like your stuck with it, like the rest of us. Like it or not.

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

25 years since we've won a playoff game. What do you say we end that this season. 

I'm all for it, and I think we can.

The Bills are a good enough team to win a playoff game.

Edited by Mark Vader

4 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Its not an overaction at all. Its statistically improbable how inept we have been and we’ve seen too many John McCargos, Torell Troups, JP Losmans, Trent Edwards, TJ Grahams, etc to not think that the guys we high hopes for are all busts. This was suppose to be the year we were contenders and were no where near ready

This is an overreaction. We played two of the best teams in the league and lost. On to next week.

The Bills will make the playoffs. And then they can go from there. I'd rather have our struggles now with 10 games left to go (and still 4-2) than be struggling in December.

Give the team some time to right the ship before you jump off into oblivion. Wait at least until we have a losing record and/or lose to a team that isn't one of the very best in the NFL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Thanks. If you asked me prior to hearing this, I would have  said in the 50% range, maybe 40% . Just thinking how dominant NE was for 2 decades , would have never thought it'd be 75%

That’s why some of us keep reminding y’all it should be the goal if not expectation right now 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Been to a conference championship?

Hell, we haven't won a playoff game in that time span! 

🤣

Geez, you're right.

I don't even want to look at the numbers on that. That 7 probably turns to a 9. Brutal.

We're due!

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

That’s why some of us keep reminding y’all it should be the goal if not expectation right now 

Absolutely.  

It sounds crazy but my expectation is SB or bust. 

I feel once you get in the dance you have a shot and can this team win 3 straight to make SB? 4vstraight for SB? Yes. I feel we're talented enough and have a shot at it. Maybe not the week 5 version but it's very early.