Pretty shocking stat I just heard on Michael Kay Show

JerseyBills

I'm driving home , I live in NYC area so I flip on the Kay show and a caller brings up Dallas, blames Jerry Jones. 

Long story short, Don La Greca hates Jones and they're going back n forth and La Greca says the Cowboys are 1 of 8 teams to not make a Championship Game since 1996. 

I quickly do the math and I'm shocked that 75% of the NFL has been to an AFC or NFC title game since 96 and of course Buffalo is 1 of 8 teams that hasn't.  Also mentioned Texans being a team that hasn't but they started up in 02. 

Just thought that was unbelievable.  I'd have never guessed that 75% has been to a title game in 23 years. 

My point, aside from being shocked ,as most of you know,  is we are starved for success and that's definitely one of the reasons we tend to overreact.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

For anyone wondering, the other 5 teams are the Dolphins, Browns, Bengals, Lions, and Redskins.

Thanks. If you asked me prior to hearing this, I would have  said in the 50% range, maybe 40% . Just thinking how dominant NE was for 2 decades , would have never thought it'd be 75%

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Its not an overaction at all. Its statistically improbable how inept we have been and we’ve seen too many John McCargos, Torell Troups, JP Losmans, Trent Edwards, TJ Grahams, etc to not think that the guys we high hopes for are all busts. This was suppose to be the year we were contenders and were no where near ready

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

This was suppose to be the year we were contenders and were no where near ready

Nobody with a lick of football sense thought the Bills were supposed to be contenders this year. A bunch of cheerleaders wearing rose-colored glasses made Super Bowl plans after we beat the Jets and Dolphins.

The offseason narrative was that 1) Josh would improve as a passer and 2) we had the best chance to win our division. Both are coming true.

Edited by QCity
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, QCity said:

Nobody with a lick of football sense thought the Bills were supposed to be contenders this year. A bunch of cheerleaders wearing rose-colored glasses made Super Bowl plans after we beat the Jets and Dolphins.

The offseason narrative was that 1) Josh would improve as a passer and 2) we had the best chance to win our division. Both are coming true.

disagree, this is the rookie window we are wasting. You have a franchise QB in the 3rd year of his rookie deal, so we spend big money in Free Agency and trades to put as much talent around his as possible in order to compete for a title. Once his rookie deal is up, you can't spend in another position, even thought most of the free agents we signed are playing below replacement level and we could probably get the same production from UDFA.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm driving home , I live in NYC area so I flip on the Kay show and a caller brings up Dallas, blames Jerry Jones. 

Long story short, Don La Greca hates Jones and they're going back n forth and La Greca says the Cowboys are 1 of 8 teams to not make a Championship Game since 1996. 

I quickly do the math and I'm shocked that 75% of the NFL has been to an AFC or NFC title game since 96 and of course Buffalo is 1 of 8 teams that hasn't.  Also mentioned Texans being a team that hasn't but they started up in 02. 

Just thought that was unbelievable.  I'd have never guessed that 75% has been to a title game in 23 years. 

My point, aside from being shocked ,as most of you know,  is we are starved for success and that's definitely one of the reasons we tend to overreact.  

Very helpful.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

disagree, this is the rookie window we are wasting. You have a franchise QB in the 3rd year of his rookie deal, so we spend big money in Free Agency and trades to put as much talent around his as possible in order to compete for a title. Once his rookie deal is up, you can't spend in another position, even thought most of the free agents we signed are playing below replacement level and we could probably get the same production from UDFA.

Sensationalism

Wow i never would of thought that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Its not an overaction at all. Its statistically improbable how inept we have been and we’ve seen too many John McCargos, Torell Troups, JP Losmans, Trent Edwards, TJ Grahams, etc to not think that the guys we high hopes for are all busts. This was suppose to be the year we were contenders and were no where near ready

TJ Graham.. Russell Wilson was there.. i know shoulda coulda .. maybe it was Torell Troupe , but one of those two guys we took ahead of Wilson. but we seemed to miss alot.. Donte  Whitner , wont bore .. we all know .. but still; haunts to an   extent  

Awesome post.

Thats why when I see fans giving all this love to McDermott for being a mediocre HC it makes me sick.

We should want more.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

TJ Graham.. Russell Wilson was there.. i know shoulda coulda .. maybe it was Torell Troupe , but one of those two guys we took ahead of Wilson. but we seemed to miss alot.. Donte  Whitner , wont bore .. we all know .. but still; haunts to an   extent  

Tj was before Wilson.  Troupe was before Gronkowski. 

• Like (+1) 1