Here is some 1-Tech help. Timmy Jernigan would help Oliver so much.

MAJBobby

Not sure Jernigan is the answer but it was noticeable how often Ed got the double team on Monday night. Not trying to defend Ed - I am a fan of the player but he has not played well the last two weeks and was middling the two games before that - but he did from the TV angle seem to get a lot of attention from the Chiefs. I think that tells you what they think of our other interior guys. It seems the assessment was Oliver is inconsistent but he is the one that can make a play on you. The others ain't making plays even if you single them.

He was a DE in Baltimore his first three years, a two-gapper.

He's has legitimate 1-tech ability, but could play nearly anywhere on the line.

But he doesn't appear to be a McDermott style 1-tech. McDermott generally wants a block eater and a guy who can handle double teams, a space eater. Jernigan doesn't seem to be that guy. He's an attacker, a penetrator, a ball-seeker. Strong, quick, good, at least back then. But not a block eater. He plays a different style.

Went just now to watch the Eagles Super Bowl game. A few times he faced double teams and he didn't stack them, he tried to split them. Sometimes effectively, sometimes not. It's not surprising that you don't see him stacking doubles on the highlight films. That kind of play doesn't make the highlight films. But after watching for a while, I'm just not seeing any of it. Perhaps in other games or other years? Not in this game, though, though I didn't make it all the way through.

Edited by Thurman#1