Here is some 1-Tech help. Timmy Jernigan would help Oliver so much.

MAJBobby

Just now, Redneck said:

At 295lbs, is that the type of DT who can hold his ground at the point of attack with 2 blockers?  I suspect we need someone at 330+

I suggest finding some film on him and watch his play.  He can ABSOLUTELY Stack Double Teams

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is not the player they need.  The opt out of Star left them without a big presence at 1Tech who can take on/ force double teams.  As much as people around here love to bust on Star, his absence is causing major issues.  If they are going after anyone, it needs to be a big space eater. Jernigan is not that.  

Written about him this year

Jernigan is a great space eater. He picks up multiple men to help teammates with the pass rush and plugs lanes to stop the run. His floor would be that he gets injured early in the year but is an effective run stopper while playing. Meanwhile, his ceiling would be similar to Jarran Reed if he can rediscover his pre-injury form.

43 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I've wanted the Bills to go get this guy the last two offseasons.   Not a starter anymore but can provide depth.

Just not sure he is a better player than Justin Zimmer right now.

Not sure what the heck is going on with Oliver.  Knew he would be a little undersized, but he is playing horrifically right now.

Is Zimmer playing 1 tech?  He's small for that.  Then again, so is Jernigan if you're looking for a run plugger.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Jernigan is a great space eater. He picks up multiple men to help teammates with the pass rush and plugs lanes to stop the run. His floor would be that he gets injured early in the year but is an effective run stopper while playing. Meanwhile, his ceiling would be similar to Jarran Reed if he can rediscover his pre-injury form.

Not being snarky, legit question: Why is he available then? 

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Is Zimmer playing 1 tech?  He's small for that.  Then again, so is Jernigan if you're looking for a run plugger.

Others say otherwise about Jernigan

"Jernigan is a great space eater. He picks up multiple men to help teammates with the pass rush and plugs lanes to stop the run."

Just now, Augie said:

Not being snarky, legit question: Why is he available then? 

people becoming healthy

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I almost don’t even care how good the guys are, I want 2 DTs that are 345+ and just park them there. If they are actually good then it’s a bonus 

Vernon Butler is 335, he gets crushed consistently. You need someone actually good or even decent.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

this is funny that somehow there is a narrative that one play suddenly made this guy the hero when all game he was not good at all.  If this same viewpoint was the same with the rest of the defensive players i would wonder what the narrative would be.

I would have to watch the film of the whole game, but for sure while there were some good plays, there were some "plays he'd like back" as McD would say

3 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Back on subject they should definitely kick the tires and see what he has at this point

Would he be a vet minimum guy? 

I have to say being signed and released by two teams this season is not promising as to what he brings to the table.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I believe last night I saw Zimmer shading the center so yeah he was playing at least some 1-tech and was getting moved, but the problems were off to the right side of the defensive line. It was the same hole all night that KC was hitting for positive runs over and over. At some point later in the 3rd and 4th Frazier figured something out or guys were just tired of getting rolled as they started to close that hole and force the RB to try to bounce it back inside or against the grain where pursuit could clean up.

Much more gang tackling towards the end too as I mentioned in prior posts that we all were probably tired of seeing the guys up front just stick an arm out, or swat at the ball. Defensive players were actually getting in front of the runner, breaking down and wrapping up waiting for help. Those efforts were largely pissed away by poor 3rd and long defense and bad penalties.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

One Clip

You have to factor in the fact that that is world beating.... *Checks notes* backup center Daniel Kilgore... 

32 minutes ago, FLFan said:

This is not the player they need.  The opt out of Star left them without a big presence at 1Tech who can take on/ force double teams.  As much as people around here love to bust on Star, his absence is causing major issues.  If they are going after anyone, it needs to be a big space eater. Jernigan is not that.  

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

One of you is a straight up liar!

Edited by whatdrought
  • Haha (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

You have to factor in the fact that that is world beating.... *Checks notes* backup center Daniel Kilgore... 

One of you is a straight up liar!

Another knows he is a 1 Tech 

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/jaguars-sign-veteran-timmy-jernigan-to-reinforce-run-defense

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

How can it hurt to bring this guy in at this point? Bring in fat bastard while we’re at it. 

THIS.

especially the Fat Bastard 

can Star opt back in?

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Film.. ?? We talkin bout film??? 
I googled stats and combine size 

google is good enough for me..

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

you spoke with Beanes. Correct?
no time to lose here.
seriously MajB  good lookout if you suggest he is worth a hard look. Then i approve :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

THIS.

especially the Fat Bastard 

can Star opt back in?

google is good enough for me..

you spoke with Beanes. Correct?
no time to lose here.
seriously MajB  good lookout if you suggest he is worth a hard look. Then i approve :)

Thanks. 

reference Star NFL isn’t like college this year (think it was wrong answer but guess need some cap stability) no Star cannot opt back in. 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

the first thread that make sense today. All this nonsense about firing Beane and McDermott is ridiculous. I do believe they made a fatal mistake in transitioning this team from tough and physical to small and fast. We should have kept the physical AND got WRs.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I almost don’t even care how good the guys are, I want 2 DTs that are 345+ and just park them there. If they are actually good then it’s a bonus 

One of my favorite things in sports is a big sloppy 340+ pound DT, preferably one with a nasty streak.

Bills would be his 3rd team in a month.   Sometimes the garbage pickup doesn't come that often.  He stays in AirBnBs.  

"gave Broncos 2 games of front line depth"??  He played 10 snaps in 1 game and 1 snap in the other.  His uniforms are so clean he just wears them home.

McD already has guys he wants to bench.  

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I suggest finding some film on him and watch his play.  He can ABSOLUTELY Stack Double Teams

There's more film of Bigfoot playing "Dueling Banjos" with the chupacabra.....