Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa starting QB going forward

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Tua looks tiny to me... I don't watch a lot of college football so maybe that's why I was surprised...

Tua is not a big QB. On the other hand his play may remind some people of a young Russell Wilson. Very poised in the pocket, accuracy off the charts, elusive.

Coming from a bama fan,

so take it for what its worth... 

I would have expected something more like this from Fitz...

“Yes I am disappointed but I have been on enough teams to know that this is how it goes sometimes.  Therefore, I will do everything I can to help Tua, and at the same time, be ready to go in, if needed.”

Instead, he came across as whiny, especially about having to sit in a room on a zoom call for 4 hours(QB meeting?). 

1 hour ago, Back the Blue said:

I would have expected something more like this from Fitz...

“Yes I am disappointed but I have been on enough teams to know that this is how it goes sometimes.  Therefore, I will do everything I can to help Tua, and at the same time, be ready to go in, if needed.”

Instead, he came across as whiny, especially about having to sit in a room on a zoom call for 4 hours(QB meeting?). 

Chan Gailey loves him some Fitzmagic so I have to wonder If the QB change was forced on him.

On a side note Fitzpatrick would make a very good coach on the Offensive side of the football. I feel like Tua may offer Fitzy his 1st taste of what it feels like to help coach an elite athlete up into being the best that he can be IMO. (scary thought)

I know allot of Fitzpatrick fans are dissapointed for him. On the other hand though Fitz is on the wrong team for us to love the old bearded one the way most of us do so its for the best.

My dilemma is learning how to hate Tua now... ( bama fan )

Edited by Figster

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Chan Gailey loves him some Fitzmagic so I have to wonder If the QB change was forced on him.

On a side note Fitzpatrick would make a very good coach on the Offensive side of the football. I feel like Tua may offer Fitzy his 1st taste of what it feels like to help coach an elite athlete up into being the best that he can be IMO. (scary thought)

I know allot of Fitzpatrick fans are dissapointed for him. On the other hand though Fitz is on the wrong team for us to love the old bearded one the way most of us do so its for the best.

My dilemma is learning how to hate Tua now... ( bama fan )

I wonder if Fitz sees the light at the end of the tunnel and saw this as maybe his last opportunity to be a starter...and emotions got the best of him?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

I wonder if Fitz sees the light at the end of the tunnel and saw this as maybe his last opportunity to be a starter...and emotions got the best of him?

Honestly, I think Fitz could do anything he wants to do including waiting for the next chance to start. Mysel f personally, If I was him I might consider how enjoyable it might be working with Gailey in a different capacity.

48 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

I think that's probably it.  He was reunited with the OC he's had some of his best success with, and he felt like he was playing some of his best football and was going to get a chance to play out the season with Miami.  So emotions got the best of him, even though he knows better.

He's a good guy, and when I listened to the press conference he said a lot of stuff about preparing to do the best job he could as a mentor and backup to Tua and he shut down a question of whether he felt he was playing well enough to keep starting - just wouldn't go there at all. 

So I can't be too hard on him for whining a bit.

40 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Does Ferrari make a mini van?

Can Fitz even fit his family in a mini van?  They need seating for 9.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

At some point soon I think we will see him make the move to the booth and I would love that. 

"Sorry, Collinsworth, you only went to the University of Florida, here's a plane ticket to go cover the Jets.  Mr. Fitzpatrick went to Harvard, he now gets the 'A' games."

• Like (+1) 1