Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa starting QB going forward

YoloinOhio

Why has this entire message board already crowned tua a winner? What if the kid sucks?

You all realize its far more likely he sucks than anything right? Yall think every first round pick is franchise that isnt how any of this works.

Call me when any of these QBs (including Allen) win something. 

Late to this and haven't read the whole thread but what I have read elsewhere the general view seems to be "why are Miami doing this now they are 3-3 and in the playoff race!"

To me that is all the more reason you do it now. Miami started the season not knowing how far away they were. But the evidence of the season so far, other than week 1 when they struggled against the Pats, is that they are really not that far away. The defense - which I predicted had a shot at being top 10 - has been good, their young receivers are playing really well, the tight ends have come to play and they might have found a young running back. Yes, Fitz has been playing well and he is a part of their success thus far, but in the past couple of weeks even the offensive line has started to come around (Solomon Kindley - one of the steals of the draft). Miami needs to not think about how it sneaks in at 9-7 this year but how it starts to build a team that genuinely competes in 2021 and beyond. They are not that far away. So get Tua in now. Let him take any lumps he needs to take and see what you have.

The absolute worst thing they could do is keep Fitz in battle for a respectable 8-8 and not make the post season then spend the first half of 2021 as a good, solid roster that is let down by the inexperience of its Quarterback making rookie mistakes. They need to find out now who Tua is - because if that kid is good then this team is ready for 2021 and would be a real threat to win the division.

• Like (+1) 4

It doesn’t make sense in yes, they have a bye, but then the Rams, and Cardinals.  Fitz is better adept at reading a Rams defense which we saw was good.  Now after those two games they have the Chargers, Broncos, Jests, and Bengals.  Why not let the kid play some manageable teams, may win or lose, and only put him in if Fitzy loses to the Rams and Cardinals.

He would still face the Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders and us.  That will be hard enough, but he’d have his sea legs with aforementioned teams.

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

The timing of this is so weird. Flores himself said Tua wasn’t ready yet a week ago

I think they may have always preferred and planned to play him instead of Fitz,  but his injury plays a Role in the timing. Most of what I read was it would take a full year for him to return. He got hurt last November 17th I think and will Now  be playing 11/1. Their old bye week lined up even better but guess they felt he’s close enough. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they may have always preferred and planned to play him instead of Fitz,  but his injury plays a Role in the timing. Most of what I read was it would take a full year for him to return. He got hurt last November 17th I think and will Now  be playing 11/1. Their old bye week lined up even better but guess they felt he’s close enough. 

Well like you said, he plays one series in garbage time and they’re pulling the trigger. If he gets wins in the next three games, I’ll be a.bit concerned about the rest of our season 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are tempting fate because now they have bumped the cycle back to just before “starter gets hurt”

93F5A9E9-D5C9-4C07-8721-256981716677.jpeg

Knowing this cycle very well, Miami is merely trying to preempt the move from “play very well” to the “get paid” part, ultimately avoiding the “suck” part of the cycle. This is a great use of Miami’s analytics department. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Again he was a top 5 pick, why wait & then have the same excuses year 2 that you would have in his first year.  All the best QB's were thrown in day 1 (and the sad fact is QB's like Rodgers & Mahomes had to wait).  How smart was KC trading Alex Smith?  

Manning, Aikman, Elway, Luck, Newton, Ryan...... You start them asap and figure out what you have.  

While I feel terrible for Tyrod & the circumstances, best thing that could happen for the Chargers & there was never an issue with Burrow.

Thankfully Peterman lasted one half for the Bills, but Allen should have been the starter and wrking with the team as such Day 1!!!