Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa starting QB going forward

YoloinOhio

Wow, these next two weeks will be very big for the Bills. They need to win the next two. Gets them to 6-2. Then Pats at best would be 3-3, but could be looking at 2-5. If Tua struggles the next two games as a rookie (regardless if becomes a good QB or not) that could put the Dolphins at 3-5. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

He played until November last year my friend. It hasn't been that long of an absence. :thumbsup:

Did he?  I thought he missed most of the previous season?  I could google, but that sounds hard

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Did he?  I thought he missed most of the previous season?  I could google, but that sounds hard

He missed a couple of games because he had another one of those high ankle sprains and chose to have a procedure done. He didn't go down with the hip injury until November 17, 2019. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

He missed a couple of games because he had another one of those high ankle sprains and chose to have a procedure done. He didn't go down with the hip injury until November 17, 2019. 

Thanks Google!

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

This isn’t going to play well with their veterans...and it’s potentially setting themselves up for disaster if he doesn’t play well. It won’t be long (assuming he doesn’t light it up) before fans (and some players) start calling for Fitz. You really don’t want to be in the position of having to bench the young franchise QB for a cowboy like Fitz.

Let him play himself out of the job.

Good point.  I think the players know they can only go so far with Fitz and it is a rebuild with lots of young talent.  They want to get better together.  I suspect they know that their best chance to win the division is next year when they add more talent with all their draft picks and Tua with 10 games of experience instead of none.  Now that is not how KC handled it so maybe it will be the wrong decision.  But I don't fault them for preparing for 2021.  It will be Bills-Dolphins rivalry for the next few years.  

6 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Wow with the bills showing they aren’t a top contender in the afc yet and the patriots struggling there is 0 reason to do this. I’m shocked. 

This is a big reason why I am overly shocked. If the Dolphins were 2-3 and the Bills were 6-0 maybe I can see it. But your one game back from the division with Fitz playing pretty well. 

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

Everybody knows Fitzpatrick isn't a guy who will get you to the playoffs and they are doing it exactly for this reason because they probably played both the Bills and Pats close already in games they could have easily won if a play or two goes the other way.

Dolphins are very legit and will be 4-3 after this week and right in the mix for the division even with expected wins by the Bills and Pats against their opponents this week.

Bro...they have a bye this week. Then they play the rams.

They're not going to be 4-3 after this week OR next.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Everybody knows Fitzpatrick isn't a guy who will get you to the playoffs and they are doing it exactly for this reason because they probably played both the Bills and Pats close already in games they could have easily won if a play or two goes the other way.

Dolphins are very legit and will be 4-3 after this week and right in the mix for the division even with expected wins by the Bills and Pats against their opponents this week.

If the Dolphins can get a win on their bye week then we should just hand them the super bowl. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

I can only assume they feel everything is in place and clicking well around the Qb position.  Now is the time to insert their franchise guy with all the pieces in place around him.  Let him take his lumps the rest of the year. 

I agree.

it really asking yourself...”what are you in this game/business for?”

3-3

1.5 games out of 1st in AFC EAST and a 7th Playoff Spot.

Just be honest...is Fitz winning you the a Super Bowl...if the answer is Yes...then Thsi is a mistake. If the answer is no...then start Tua.

The goal of this shouldn’t be to finish 8-8 and maybe get the 7th seed.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

It must have been their plan all along and they are sticking to it on their bye week

Wouldn't surprise me.  And they have Fitz on the sideline and all 2 weeks of prep to mentor him. 

And got him some bonus snaps against the Jets to get those jitters out of the way.

Edited by CodeMonkey