Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa starting QB going forward

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t appreciate their derivation from the Fitz Cycle. 

First game against Donald he will be injured in the first quarter. The cycle will them complete. 

In seriousness I thought they would ride Fitz. It does make some sense to get their future some reps but right now? 

The move makes sense to me. Over the years, how many times was it posted on this board that the Bills would "never win with Fitz?" Perhaps more that 1,000?

Tua is a fine QB and a fine person. If he performs well (and I think that he will), the fans will adore him. The phish were going nowhere this season so why not play this kid and let him gain valuable experience for 2021? Don't they also have extra picks next year?

Nothing wrong with this move imo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

If I'm the cowboys I'm getting on the phone asap to try to get fitzy.

He's been playing lights out this year and could really keep it up with those weapons. Plus the division is beyond trash

I'd hardly call 10 TD's and 7 INT's "lights out", but he would definitely be better than Dalton. The Dolphins aren't going to trade him though because they have no one else if Tua falters or gets injured. 

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

First game will be vs Aaron Donald 😬

It's a curiously timed decision, but I will say that Tua has made a living off of the broken play offense.  If I were the Rams I think i'd try to contain him rather than let him run wild

Weird. I thought they were being really smart and sort of admired the fact that they were sticking to a plan despite the fans calling for the rookie a few times this year.

I understand what someone said above about a controlled environment but they seemed to be on a good run with Fitz, especially since Chan is once again calling the plays for him. Maybe Chan has mentioned all the killer plays he'd be able to draw up with Tua in there.

Maybe they genuinely think they're a much better team in there and since we've looked so bad they feel they could challenge for the division

Agree with you.....put him out there, you know you have Fitz there to step in if things go south.  Give the kid a chance to start 6 weeks in, he's gotten a feel for the speed and size.  No sense relegating him to end of game if he is your future.

44 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Smart move.  Fitz isn't leading any team to the promised land, so get your highly touted rookie out there in this current, more controlled, gameday environment without fan pressure/noise to deal with.  Also, you can keep him upright now since the league is allowing offensive linemen to tackle defensive players without any repercussion.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, High Football IQ said:

Dolphins defense is coming on strong, and this move has more to do with the division being wide open especially after the Dolphins watched the Bills implode again for the 2nd straight week on national TV against a SB contender.

Confused GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I think this is a terrible decision by the Dolphins, but in turn a great decision for us.  There's absolutely no reason to put this kid in the starting lineup.  Even if he's 100% recovered fro his surgery, there's no harm in letting him watch this first season to develop.  The offense is going to take a step back with Tua.  This isn't an indication of how I think he will overall be as a pro, just replacing a solid starting (albeit streaky) qb for a rookie who's been out of football for almost 2 years is a risk for any team.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I think this is a terrible decision by the Dolphins, but in turn a great decision for us.  There's absolutely no reason to put this kid in the starting lineup.  Even if he's 100% recovered fro his surgery, there's no harm in letting him watch this first season to develop.  The offense is going to take a step back with Tua.  This isn't an indication of how I think he will overall be as a pro, just replacing a solid starting (albeit streaky) qb for a rookie who's been out of football for almost 2 years is a risk for any team.

He played until November last year my friend. It hasn't been that long of an absence. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1