OL - Run Blocking Issues

LabattBlue

It's a spread delay/draw scheme that I see us mostly running and it seems they are allowing too many defenders into the backfield too quickly for that to work. It's hard for me to tell if its all scheme, physicality or quickness...or maybe a combo of all three?

Singletary does NOT seem like any part of the problem to me from what I can tell. He is a skilled back with quicks and surprising power.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, 34-78-83 said:

Singletary does NOT seem like any part of the problem to me from what I can tell. He is a skilled back with quicks and surprising power.

I agree on this.  While he may not be superstar material, he appears to be more than adequate.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Bill's need to use run game more and has to get better. Teams going to start keying on passing game lots more. Plus put Spain back in. Get Winters outta there.

Do the Bills have the personnel to improve the run game?  While we pass block OK, we are terrible run blocking.  Is that scheme (coaching) or talent on the field?

The Bills O line and D line practice against each other, and they both look good in practice.

But they're both too small, and against other teams, their lack of size is exposed.

Ed Oliver needs a massive guy next to him, to free him to do what he is suited for.  I think he could be a force that really helps the D, but without his buddy he's a too-light ineffective roster deadweight.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Bill's need to use run game more and has to get better. Teams going to start keying on passing game lots more. Plus put Spain back in. Get Winters outta there.

I want Feliciano in there for run O too.

Who replaced Ford yesterday??

He looks like a bust. 

Dawkins,Morse and Williams are all playing good imo. Just need the guards to do something. 

I've said since the Titans L , the issue on O is the run game, it's invisible,  predictable ,there's no holes ,just brutal.  A running game is a QB best friend... They have to correct this immediately.. I'd be shocked if we didn't have the least amount of run yards from our backs in the league.