Hypothetically speaking....if the fumble did hold up.

I'm all about winning. It doesn't matter how it happens. If we get that ball and Josh scores were talking 1st rd bye and not how putrid the defense has been. Losing makes us find the worms in the garden instead of smelling the flowers. Even though the last two games have sucked and have been AFC losses the Bills are still 4-2 and get to play Miami, Jets,  and Broncos which could very well be 3 wins. You would hope from there they could atleast split with NE and dispatch the Cardinals we're talking about 9 wins. Between SF, PIT, SEA, and SD we would need something. All the Bills need to do is win the division and the fish and jets are not very good. I hope for the sweep on NE. 

Go Bills

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So lets say the fumble was a fumble and we get it.  Drive down and win the game.  Again, thinking hypothetically and I know it didn't happen.

Would you still feel happy about the win or would you still have deep concerns about our defense getting gashed all night?  Plus, with the inconsistencies on offense two weeks in a row.

Would the win feel flukish to you?

See:  Miami and Rams wins

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So lets say the fumble was a fumble and we get it.  Drive down and win the game.  Again, thinking hypothetically and I know it didn't happen.

And not just the almost fumble. I think twice we had the Chiefs in third and long on their final drive before they were in field goal range. Make a stop on either play and I would have liked our odds and no it would not have felt fluky. 

21 hours ago, Mango said:

Hypothetically, what if Mitch Morse didn't jump off sides at the top of the 4th quarter on that terrible 4th and 1 call and we turned the ball over on downs at our own 30, effectively ending the game entirely. 

I have been upset with the defense this year as much as anybody. I have been weary of them after every game.  But interesting that IF the defense created 2 turnovers against the Chiefs on a day where the offense was anemic, you would come away feeling iffy about the defense. If anything I think it would have shown they were finally being opportunistic. 

None of this happened of course, this is just a fairy tale so we are fake arguing about a thing that never existed.... as people do on the internet. 

Turnovers are great.  They are opportunities to change the game.  They don’t mean a team played well down in and down out.  The Chiefs slapped us up.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, without a drought said:

If the Bills won 27-26 but did it by kicking 9 FGs, would you feel better about Bass?

What if none were longer than 40 yards?

What if they were all over 50 yards?

Would this make us worry about the offense more or less?

If the Queen had a pair of nuts, she'd be the King.  How would we all feel about THAT?

On 10/20/2020 at 10:14 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Would you still feel happy about the win or would you still have deep concerns about our defense getting gashed all night?  Plus, with the inconsistencies on offense two weeks in a row.

I would have been thrilled.   Good teams don't win every game, but good teams often find ways to win game they shouldn't.   I sort of think that winning games in the fourth quarter trumps just about every other measure of a good team.  When it gets down to 9 minutes to go, down 13, if you can find a way to win that game against ANY competition in the NFL, let alone the Chiefs, you're a good team.   So, yeah, TD drive, recover the fumble, TD drive, game over, I'm thrilled.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, Real McNasty said:

Even if the call did hold and we scored a TD, would we actually stop the Chiefs from scoring? There was plenty of time still on the clock.

So now you are adding another hypothetical situation into the current hypothetical situation? This is like that Inception movie with DiCaprio .

to the original scenario, if we had found a way to beat the Chiefs, no matter how ugly, I would have been thrilled and we’d probably be considered a top 3 team right now.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So now you are adding another hypothetical situation into the current hypothetical situation? This is like that Inception movie with DiCaprio .

to the original scenario, if we had found a way to bear the Chiefs, no matter how ugly, I would have been thrilled and we’d probably be considered a top 3 team right now.

Good movie BTW..

We did zero to convince any of us that the Bills D would hold the Chiefs down. Andy Reid must be a happy dude that 75% of his offensive playbook is available for the future left over from this game he didn't need to call. 

Sometime hypothetical needs to answered just the same. Our D was flat out ran over. 

On 10/20/2020 at 7:14 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Happy with the win, but still grave concerns on the middle of our defense.  Its been an issue all year.  

On 10/20/2020 at 9:14 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I would think:

1.  It’s  great to win 

2. We were fortunate (not lucky) 

3. It’s a sign of a good team to win games you did not play well in by making the plays you had to make 

On 10/20/2020 at 11:40 AM, Fred Slacks said:

No. But they weren’t the only reason we lost. 

Offense struggled badly. 

our punter looked good though😂

They got Bojo in a good rhythm early, he capitalized all night. 

• Haha (+1) 1