Please dress Yeldon

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I would of enjoyed seeing more of Yeldon instead of Gore last year and I think he should dress ahead of Moss for the next few games

this season.  Yeldon IMO is a decent RB.  He would give some confidence to Josh in the screen game too which I think Josh needs.

I agree with your take.

I don't think Yeldon should be the starter, but he should be the back-up. He's not a spectacular runner, but he's been productive, and he's a very good receiver.

For whatever reason, Zack Moss just isn't making a difference right now. I want him to succeed, but I don't think we can wait anymore.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I agree with your take.

I don't think Yeldon should be the starter, but he should be the back-up. He's not a spectacular runner, but he's been productive, and he's a very good receiver.

For whatever reason, Zack Moss just isn't making a difference right now. I want him to succeed, but I don't think we can wait anymore.

He's been hurt too.  I usually don't do the "Hey HC what are you doing" stuff but I think Yeldon is the right move for the next couple of weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:00 AM, racketmaster said:

I’m not sure there is any valid reason for concern over Yeldon’s fumbling. Yeldon has never had more than 2 fumbles in a season while Singletary recorded 4 fumbles last year. My guess is that this team seems to force their top draft picks onto the field at times without them always earning it. 

Think about Zay Jones, he was pretty bad but played right away and often. Oliver was playing over Phillips early last year until it was too obvious to ignore that Oliver needed to take a step back and regroup. Look at Cody Ford l, they have forced him into spots across the line at the expense of other veterans who have been productive. AJ is now playing a at end and I have not seen much to warrant any action. And Moss is plugged in right away but has shown little burst. He runs hard but has not been very productive while Yeldon has been productive whenever called upon. 

I've thought about this as well and the only thing I can really come up with is that they're doing it to build the team through the draft. Letting the young guys take their lumps so to speak. I have no doubt that the short term goal is to win games, but the long term goal of continued success revolves around building for the future, with the young guys. Just my opinion of course. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

They’ve been good at pass blocking.  I agree that we should keep those guys where they are, but they haven’t been run good run blocking. The unit in terms of run blocking is embarrassing and our run game reminds me of 2018.  Just pathetic. 

Run blocking takes everyone on the field... from the OL down to to the TEs and even the WRs... takes everyone.. I’d argue that guards are a huge part of the run game... they pull a lot, create creases etc.. Think Dawkins, Morse and Williams will be more adequate if given more help.

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I agree with your take.

I agree. I also wonder, with McD benching/not dressing so many early draft picks in his years here (and this year), why not do it with Moss given how underwhelming he’s been? Seems opposite to his modus operandi. 

Yeldon is exceptional catching out of the backfield and is also a very different style runner. Why not see where it leads? Let Moss develop and then take another look. 

This week seems as though it’s a perfect week to try given the opponent. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 1

TJ Yeldon has looked "really underwhelming" for nearly six years...

They need to change it up so I'm all for it, we have nobody else, but let's try to consider that Moss is technically three ...THREE...games into his career. Yeldon's 4th quarter garbage time scampers are gonna fade from memory pretty quickly when he loses an important fumble.

Edited by Nelius

Nobody has had much success running behind this line this year, but Moss has been particularly bad. It's really that simple. Before the season started there were a lot of people here guessing how many games or maybe even quarters would  be played before Moss took over the starting role. Maybe a real off season and pre-season would have made a difference.