Bills have Valid Excuses for two losses

BITE ME

Excuses are nonsense in the NFL, but let's face it, the Bills have been at a huge disadvantage for the last two weeks.  We will find out what the Bills are really made of over the next four games.  Jets/Pats/Seahawks/Cardinals.  Roll into the bye at 7-3 or even 8-2 and all is forgotten.

Titans. 

1) Forced to prepare for both the Titans and Chiefs.  Not an easy task. Unheard of in the NFL.

2) Missing #2 receiver who basically stretches the field for the Bills

3) Missing #1 corner

4) Missing star LB in Milano. 

5) Titans had two weeks rest. 

Chiefs. 

1) They then had to to play the world champions on short rest off a road game.

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Brown was back yesterday and Allen looked worse. The Brown excuse for Titans means nothing when the other receivers were getting open. 

It was pouring rain. Even Mahomes looked ordinary.  

1 minute ago, bmur66 said:

Correct. Here they are:

Can't run

Can't stop the run

They are 4-2 with wins over the Rams and Raiders.  They have run stopping issues without Milano in there.  They can run the ball.  They just have been relying too much on the pass up to this point. Both are fixable.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Excuses are nonsense in the NFL, but let's face it, the Bills have been at a huge disadvantage for the last two weeks.  We will find out what the Bills are really made of over the next four games.  Jets/Pats/Seahawks/Cardinals.  Roll into the bye at 7-3 or even 8-2 and all is forgotten.

Titans. 

1) Forced to prepare for both the Titans and Chiefs.  Not an easy task. Unheard of in the NFL.

2) Missing #2 receiver who basically stretches the field for the Bills

3) Missing #1 corner

4) Missing star LB in Milano. 

5) Titans had two weeks rest. 

Chiefs. 

1) They then had to to play the world champions on short rest off a road game.

Other teams can win without guys except the Bills. KC no Watkins... no problem.

9 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

They are 4-2 with wins over the Rams and Raiders.  They have run stopping issues without Milano in there.  They can run the ball.  They just have been relying too much on the pass up to this point. Both are fixable.  

The defense had trouble even with Milano on the field

Edited by Bangarang

Those are great excuses.........

I can handle losses, but these are not just losses, this is regression.

We lose to great teams and look ok, fine. But when every phase looks lost all of the sudden, something is wrong. This was one of the best teams in the NFL with an MVP candidate through 4 weeks and now they look like they got the blinky thing from MIB and forgot how to play.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

The defense had trouble even with Milano on the field

Sure, but everyone has had problems with defense this year.  We will find out about the Bills Defense when we face the Pats/Seahawks/Cardinals in weeks 8/9/10.  I won't beat up a team that had a regular routine completely messed up when facing the world champions and AFC runner up.  Those are elite teams.

2 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Sure, but everyone has had problems with defense this year.  We will find out about the Bills Defense when we face the Pats/Seahawks/Cardinals in weeks 8/9/10.  I won't beat up a team that had a regular routine completely messed up when facing the world champions and AFC runner up.  Those are elite teams.

We don’t have to wait until weeks 8,9 and 10. We are finding out about the defense right now.

We can’t stop the run. We can’t pressure the QB. We don’t force turnovers. We can’t get stops on 3rd down. This is our defense.

Edited by Bangarang

I’m not ready to hit the panic button yet. 
I was laughed at when I said I could still see the team at 10-6 or 9-7 after they way we opened. I expected highs and lows and streaky play. I think we’ll get hot again, and I do think the defense will play better. I have faith they are doing some serious film work on how bad this defense has been and will correct some of these issues. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

We don’t have to wait until weeks 8,9 and 10. We are finding out about the defense right now.

We can’t stop the run. We can’t pressure the QB. We don’t force turnovers. We can’t get stops on 3rd down. This is our defense.

This Defense struggled primarily due to injuries.  They are not healthy.  White, Milano, Edmunds, Wallace, and Oliver are all banged up.