D-line trade target—let’s get Atkins

He will be just another 3Tech to throw in the mix. The team needs a 1Tech, 2Gap space eater. Fixes so much. 

1.  Oliver can then play where he belongs the penetrating 3Tech 

2.  LBers can stay clean in the Run game. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

He’s not the space eater I want but I’m all over this. He commands a double every time he’s out there.

That's all we need. Someone to command 2 blockers. Right now we have no one who does this and it's got our DL a mess. Either Snacks or trade but we can't wait anymore. 

Based on what I saw, the Bills don't need another 3T. The Chiefs absolutely steam rolled that DL with combo blocks on the smaller DTs. This allowed an OL to easily get to the second level and block off our LBs. Now, the Bills invited this with showing very lite boxes. Interestingly, when they brought Poyer down to stop the run late in the game, they were somewhat successful.

Saying all that, I think they need a space eating DT.

31 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I would love me some Geno Atkins. Huge upgrade even if he’s not quite who he once was. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/20/report-geno-atkins-frustrated-by-role-with-bengals/

It would only put us over the cap right now by around $5 - $6 million. Then it would make us less likely to have money to roll over to next year and unless we cut Atkins before next year, we'd be already $9 or so mill over the cap for next year.

The guy's great. The fit's questionable, since the McDermott D needs a space-eating 1-tech. The situation of bringing extra money contracts on board the year before a massive cap cut makes big moves very very very unlikely.

Edited by Thurman#1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s done. Don’t waste your time with him 

Is he? He made the pro bowl last year. Not saying you’re wrong, but the production has always been there and he is a LOT more accomplished than Ed Oliver.

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

It would only put us over the cap right now by around $5 - $6 million. Then it would make us less likely to have money to roll over to next year and unless we cut Atkins before next year, we'd be already $9 or so mill over the cap for next year.

The guy's great. The situation of bringing extra money contracts on board the year before a massive cap cut makes big moves very very very unlikely.

I am curious how this all works. How much does Bell count against KC’s cap?

20 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The guy's great. The fit's questionable, since the McDermott D needs a space-eating 1-tech. The situation of bringing extra money contracts on board the year before a massive cap cut makes big moves very very very unlikely.

That's why Trent Murphy and his 8 million was a MISTAKE.  Could really use that for a position of need now.

51 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He will be just another 3Tech to throw in the mix. The team needs a 1Tech, 2Gap space eater. Fixes so much. 

1.  Oliver can then play where he belongs the penetrating 3Tech 

2.  LBers can stay clean in the Run game. 

Its been the problem all year. Hopefully they have some idea of how to fix it. Or who....

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I would love me some Geno Atkins. Huge upgrade even if he’s not quite who he once was. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/20/report-geno-atkins-frustrated-by-role-with-bengals/

Maybe if he still did not have another two years on his contract and is already 32,  i agree we need someone but not many teams are going to be interested because what is still owed to Gino.