Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Based on what evidence?

People love to polarize between “lovers” and “haters”.  I’m not a Duke “hater”.  But I don’t know where the notion arises that Duke is this separation superstar either.

Duke has the body build to physically be a factor in one on one coverage.  Davis is only effective when he is wide opened.  During congestion, he shrinks.

Nothing about separation, more about a guy that can be a factor to get a man off Diggs.

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Duke has the body build to physically be a factor in one on one coverage.  Davis is only effective when he is wide opened.  During congestion, he shrinks.

Nothing about separation, more about a guy that can be a factor to get a man off Diggs.

Duke had 1 target against MIA and 2 targets (1 reception) against the Eagles last year.  There's a reason he was benched.

I don't care what his body type is, when Duke was given snaps in 2 games last season where we could have used him he wasn't a factor.

After a week 17 performance where he caught 50% of his targets, Duke caught 4 of 10 targets against the Texans.  He underwhelmed.

How one projects from that he'd "be a factor to get a man off Diggs" I have no idea.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Duke had 1 target against MIA and 2 targets (1 reception) against the Eagles last year.  There's a reason he was benched.

I don't care what his body type is, when Duke was given snaps in 2 games last season where we could have used him he wasn't a factor.

After a week 17 performance where he caught 50% of his targets, Duke caught 4 of 10 targets against the Texans.  He underwhelmed.

How one projects from that he'd "be a factor to get a man off Diggs" I have no idea.

You failed to mention that he got hurt.  He was a factor, until he was injured.

You can say whatever you want about underwhelming, but him getting 10 targets is what this team needs from an outside WR.  Davis is on the outside, and doesn't even get a look, so it takes away half of the field.

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

Honestly, not really sure what you were.  Davis is a non-factor out there.  Duke is a factor when he is given snaps.

Yeah yeah.  My bad man.  You’re right.  Don’t rub it in please.  I now realize that Duke >>>> Gabriel Davis.  Not sure how I ever could’ve thought otherwise

Edited by NewEra

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

you had to bump this?  

The same guy who was near perfect in weeks 1 through 4? 

The point is that Davis is not an outside WR.  When he has to fill in for Brown, he hurts the team more than helps.  At least Duke is a presence out there on the outside and can free up Diggs more.  Davis can't get opened on outside and then drops it when he does.  Teams don't even have to worry about him.

Honestly, not really sure what you were.  Davis is a non-factor out there.  Duke is a factor when he is given snaps.

Really?  Outside of the Jets game in which we played pretty much all second string, he hasn't done much.  

He was thrown to 10 times in the playoff game....4 catches.  He had the second most snaps of the WR that game.

If he was truly good, he would be on the field more.  Instead, we've made aggressive moves at WR position even though we have Duke.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Really?  Outside of the Jets game in which we played pretty much all second string, he hasn't done much.  

He was thrown to 10 times in the playoff game....4 catches.  He had the second most snaps of the WR that game.

If he was truly good, he would be on the field more.  Instead, we've made aggressive moves at WR position even though we have Duke.

I would take the 10 targets to Davis, at least it would require the defense to respect that Allen will go there.  The problem is, Davis doesn't get separation and Allen doesn't trust him to win one on ones so he avoids him and forces it to Diggs who is being blanketed by 2 to 3 defenders. 

The point is that Davis is not an outside WR.  When he has to fill in for Brown, he hurts the team more than helps.  At least Duke is a presence out there on the outside and can free up Diggs more.  Davis can't get opened on outside and then drops it when he does.  Teams don't even have to worry about him.

I believe that McD and Beane have pictures of Duke doing some really bad things.  My cousins best friends aunts dog told me that every team in the NFL has tried to poach Duke from our practice squad but he refuses to sign with them.  They even offer him starting positions, yet he continues to profess his love for Bills mafia.  He’s so good

Just now, NewEra said:

I believe that McD and Beane have pictures of Duke doing some really bad things.  My cousins best friends aunts dog told me that every team in the NFL has tried to poach Duke from our practice squad but he refuses to sign with them.  They even offer him starting positions, yet he continues to profess his love for Bills mafia.  He’s so good

Was this supposed to be funny?  Not really sure what you are even trying to say.  You saying McD and Beane won't let him leave, or Duke doesn't want to leave?

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I would take the 10 targets to Davis, at least it would require the defense to respect that Allen will go there.  The problem is, Davis doesn't get separation and Allen doesn't trust him to win one on ones so he avoids him and forces it to Diggs who is being blanketed by 2 to 3 defenders. 

What 10 targets to Davis?  

You don't think Davis gets separation but Duke does or something?

"Forces it Diggs"?  So if there are 3 defenders on Diggs, then someone is WIDE OPEN somewhere.  So if it's not Davis then there's just no one else LOL?

8 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Was this supposed to be funny?  Not really sure what you are even trying to say.  You saying McD and Beane won't let him leave, or Duke doesn't want to leave?

Dude, he's on the practice squad.  Any team can sign him right now.  Why aren't they?