Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

With the Knox and Dodson news we are really getting hit with injuries this year. It's conceivable we'll be down our top OLB and his backup, our top 3 CBs, our #2 WR, and our #1 TE. Thank goodness we have our easiest game of the year this week or it would be an almost certain loss. Knox won't be back for the Patriots but hopefully everyone else will be.

Knox could be back for the Patriots if his calf injury is ready.  

If he doesn't have symptoms, he could be back Weds (if the positive sample was Fri). or Thurs (if the positive sample was today) if he tests negative 2x:

"Asymptomatic players can’t return until:

– 10 days have passed since initial positive test OR

– 5 days have passed since initial positive test AND two consecutive negative  tests are completed separated by 24 hours within a five-day period

– Return is approved by team’s physician after consulting with ICS and NFL’s chief medical officer"

(Note that I am just stating the NFL's published rules, not my opinion)

Crowder being out for the Jets is huge, particularly with the Bills so thin at CB.

Crowder picking on Johnson all day would’ve been a thing.

Mims has had three pro practices TOTAL, so he’s not just gonna step in and dominate. It’s gonna be Perriman, Smith, and Berrios, and I’d like to think that even a super banged up Bills defense can handle that motley crew.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dr. K said:

With all the injuries on defense, and the loss of some key players like Brown and Ford on offense, I can't see how anybody thinks this is going to be an easy victory. 

It helps that the Jets are the worst team in football this year, but I agree with you.  Don't think it will be an easy victory, if it's a victory at all.  It's the NFL!  Anyone can win in any game.

On 10/23/2020 at 4:29 PM, whatdrought said:

@YoloinOhio I’m all over Shaun Wade in round 1 next year assuming he can play outside. 

Think that's a great shout. Then get me Notre Dame LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah in the 2nd (although I think he might be playing himself into the 1st potentially) and we're cooking again. Dude gives me *pre-injury* Jaylon Smith vibes and not just because they both played LB at ND. Speed, instincts, and great vs the run and in coverage. Seems like a McBeane type as well...senior, team captain, hard worker etc.

1 hour ago, Best Williams Available said:

True. Disappointed in Knox’s performance this year overall. Getting Covid may not have been his fault but maybe he was being irresponsible too. A solid TE could really be a good safety net for JA and the offense but we have yet to see it.

That is a very unfortunate statement. Actually, trashy is a good way to describe it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/23/2020 at 6:25 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I see it during games, but the point remains was DiMarco contributing in ways our TE don't.  I literally watched Knox run into Winter on one run play.  It was so bad.

Yeah the run game hasn't gelled at all this year. Dimarco and Feliciano are the missing pieces from the team that started this season. Dimarco never seemed effective as a bruising lead blocker to me so have to hope that Mongo will help us improve once he's back and that he was a bigger reason for last year's rushing success than we realized. 

15 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Gonna be an ugly game with a real possibility to lose to Jets.  No defense, no TEs, no run game and a QB who reverted back to “bad Josh” past two weeks.  Pretty much a recipe for disaster after such a good start.

Way to stay positive man and have faith, I mean you're right the jets are a juggernaut who will unleash the fury on the Bills tomorrow. Plus Josh couldn't possibly have a better game against a winless jets team.

9 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Way to stay positive man and have faith, I mean you're right the jets are a juggernaut who will unleash the fury on the Bills tomorrow. Plus Josh couldn't possibly have a better game against a winless jets team.

I hope you are right and Bills win - I always hope for that.  But I can’t recall a defensive collapse like this in 50 years of watching.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

looks like Mims get his debut

intereSting to me though Feliciano WASNT activated. Clock running down. Need to activate by 27th or reverts back to IR. 

Can you educate me - is that a 3 week IR or season long he reverts to?

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I hope you are right and Bills win - I always hope for that.  But I can’t recall a defensive collapse like this in 50 years of watching.

I can.  Hell I can recall one in the last 3 years.  Saints in 2017.  Packers in 2018.  Iggles last year came close.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Do we know anything about White's back injury, like when or how it happened?

I haven't been following stuff much this week.

I don't think White has said.  It may have been something bothering him at a low level all season but never enough to affect a practice?

He said it "flared" in practice before the Titans game and that it's been getting better, that he is trying to do his rehab at the facility and at home and "stay off his feet" as much as possible.  The "flared" bit implies to me something that was already present

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can.  Hell I can recall one in the last 3 years.  Saints in 2017.  Packers in 2018.  Iggles last year came close.

Yeah, an early to mid-year three-game stretch of defensive ineptitude seems to have become a yearly McDermott tradition.

That 2017 Saints game still gives me nightmares.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

Yeah, an early to mid-year three-game stretch of defensive ineptitude seems to have become a yearly McDermott tradition.

That 2017 Saints game still gives me nightmares.

That game ruined my birthday party. Hard be be in a celebratory mood when your team just got assblasted like that

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

That game ruined my birthday party. Hard be be in a celebratory mood when your team just got assblasted like that

I bet.

If it makes you feel any better, I watched the 2015 Bills-Jaguars London game  at a resort in Cancun. The rest of the wedding party were at the pool, sipping drinks and enjoying the day, while I was holed up in my room watching that stupid game. The BS pass interference call on Nickell Robey to set up the Jaguars' winning score ruined my day, and I was still dwelling on it the NEXT day.

Leave it to my obsession with this team to ruin a perfectly good day in a tropical paradise. 😒

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

I bet.

If it makes you feel any better, I watched the 2015 Bills-Jaguars London game  at a resort in Cancun. The rest of the wedding party were at the pool, sipping drinks and enjoying the day, while I was holed up in my room watching that stupid game. The BS pass interference call on Nickell Robey to set up the Jaguars' winning score ruined my day, and I was still dwelling on it the NEXT day.

Leave it to my obsession with this team to ruin a perfectly good day in a tropical paradise. 😒

I reacted "laugh" but I totally Feel Your Pain.

In 2016, the Bills opening game was on my actual birthday.  8-8 under Rex the previous year which was a disappointment, but THIS YEAR WOULD BE DIFFERENT.  Whaley had gone out and gotten the players Sexy R. wanted, and this thing was gonna be ON!

We opened against the Ravens and it was quickly clear that our offense was totally impotent.  Speaking of impotent, Flacco was showing clearly he was on the downhill slide.  4 sacks, a fumble, and we still couldn't get it done.  Awful awful game.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can you educate me - is that a 3 week IR or season long he reverts to?

I have yet to find ANY confirmation on if he reverts does it mean the clock starts toward 3 weeks again.