Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Jets are not toothless.  They will give the Bills a hard fought game.  No way is this a lock.  I think Bills will win by 3.  Too many injuries on the defense and bad play are concerning.

The Jets need to prove they are an NFL team. They are on pace to break the 76 Bucs record for negative point differential. 

• Like (+1) 1

This would be a typical bills game:

21-3 Bills At halftime 

21-17 Bills at end of 3rd quarter with Jets driving 

jets take the lead 21-24

Allen wakes up and gets pissed off because it’s the Jets, not the Ravens/Pats/Chiefs/etc so he won’t play scared this time but instead we will have a 3 play TD drive and never look back.

final score 28-24... way too close for comfort... but an extremely familiar feeling

• Like (+1) 6

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

The fact people are worried about this fame shows they have no confidence in our coaching staff 

The jury is still very much out on this coaching staff.  It will be until they can beat good teams consistently.

Haven’t read an article about the Bills this week, haven’t been on the board...just a feeling of dread after two huge letdown games and seeing all of the injuries pile up.  Perfect storm this weekend to fall flat against a truly horrific Jets team and remind us we’re Bills fans.

This week is a true test of the culture and mental fortitude McD has tried to instill.  Anything less than a double-digit win will be a huge failure.

For the first time in forever I’m going to miss at least the beginning of an early season Bills game to go golfing.  If I finish my round and the Bills are trailing or it’s a tight game I don’t think I’ll watch.  I simply don’t need that sort of depression in my life.

It’s absolutely ridiculous.  Less than two weeks ago I thought the team had turned the corner and was about to become one of the league “giants.”  Now I don’t know if they’ll win another game.

Of course, logic is telling me I’m overreacting and even good teams have bad weeks — look at SF getting blown out by the Fish and then dominating the Rams.  But it’s the Bills, and they played SO badly in Tennessee and last Monday.

Whatever.  Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Haven’t read an article about the Bills this week, haven’t been on the board...just a feeling of dread after two huge letdown games and seeing all of the injuries pile up.  Perfect storm this weekend to fall flat against a truly horrific Jets team and remind us we’re Bills fans.

This week is a true test of the culture and mental fortitude McD has tried to instill.  Anything less than a double-digit win will be a huge failure.

For the first time in forever I’m going to miss at least the beginning of an early season Bills game to go golfing.  If I finish my round and the Bills are trailing or it’s a tight game I don’t think I’ll watch.  I simply don’t need that sort of depression in my life.

It’s absolutely ridiculous.  Less than two weeks ago I thought the team had turned the corner and was about to become one of the league “giants.”  Now I don’t know if they’ll win another game.

Of course, logic is telling me I’m overreacting and even good teams have bad weeks — look at SF getting blown out by the Fish and then dominating the Rams.  But it’s the Bills, and they played SO badly in Tennessee and last Monday.

Whatever.  Go Bills.

Buffalo lost two games against the two best teams in the AFC while dealing with odd scheduling. 

I would love to be in your position right now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

If white, Norman and Wallace are all out I don’t see how we win. There will be absolutely nothing left. I don’t understand how we didn’t bring in at least 1 legit corner when Wallace got hurt. There should have been 2 veteran CBs here before the Titans game with all of these guys banged up. Having practice squad guys playing and starting is inexcusable. This was a 4-0 team. Usually Beane is on top of stuff but this was a major mistake in my opinion. Before the Titans game it was obvious that the corner depth was going to be a major concern. Now we might be truly screwed here with a possible loss to the Jets. There was no reason to be in this position. If you drop this game to an 0-6 jets team, the season will come unraveled. The remaining schedule is ridiculous. 

13 hours ago, Nitro said:

Jets are not toothless.  They will give the Bills a hard fought game.  No way is this a lock.  I think Bills will win by 3.  Too many injuries on the defense and bad play are concerning.

....beware of wounded animals.......them racking up a "W" and having to contend with this place Sunday night/Monday morning???......oh Gawd......

Next year, when I complain for the third year in a row about the negligence with respect to the CB position on the initial roster, maybe people will finally not jump down my throat.

For some reason, CBs on this team get injured all the time, and then that is the one position they consistently under-fill coming out of preseason.

Does the constant stream of CB injuries on this team have something to do with the scheme?

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

1 hour ago, eball said:

I just can't grasp this mindset.  Yes, the Bills have a ***** ton of injures and at critical positions - Guard, DB, LB.  We are literally gonna be starting our practice squad against the Jets WR (or if Tre goes, he may be playing two notches down due to injury, and we may have an injured 3rd string guy playing opposite him)

That being the case, why on earth are people fixated on this "anything less than a double digit win is a huge failure" crap?

Just Win, Baby.  End the game with at least 1 point more than they have.

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Next year, when I complain for the third year in a row about the negligence with respect to the CB position on the initial roster, maybe people will finally not jump down my throat.

This sounds like the "even a busted clock is right twice a day" principle.

Find the CBs 2019 edition (click to embiggen)

image.thumb.png.d2682d6c5526b406a05833b073027231.png

Find the CBs 2018 edition

image.thumb.png.53ba7dd15a3abf631429d83cc81ae8ac.png

Next step: compare and contrast to other NFL teams. 

Sometimes perception is not reality, and there is an element of luck.  It's also possible that the off-season had an effect where perhaps without hands-on work from our S&C staff proper muscle balance and so forth was not maintained

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

For some reason, CBs on this team get injured all the time, and then that is the one position they consistently under-fill coming out of preseason.

Does the constant stream of CB injuries on this team have something to do with the scheme?

in fairness the plan was to have Gaines this year as well...  he would have been a huge add this year.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thanks for being the voice of reason Hap.  There is a pervasive element on this board looking for any reason to bring doubt, trash, or just tweak people For being real Bills fans.  It is what it is and I don’t care as we’ll win tomorrow with the practice squad and many will be very unhappy.  Can’t wait to celebrate with you tomorrow at 4:30 pm, as you said when we win by 1, 7, 10, or 30.  Bottom line, a win.  5-2, and the ridiculous fools of the Jests will be 0-7.  

I just remember how bad it sucked when the Steelers backups beat us to keep us out of the playoffs with Mularkey the helm.  Granted, our O Line was down to grabbing guys off the streets, but it still stunk as we finished 9-7 and with that one more win would have made the WC.  We weren’t good enough, and the Jests will feel that point again tomorrow.

I know it’s a fans opinion as coaches and players don’t think this way, but my confidence is such that if we sat White, Brown, Milano, and Edmunds, we will still beat these clowns.  We need them for the Cheats and Hawks.  I hope they air on the side of caution.  Even if they dressed who can push through it and play, but sit with our backups playing unless we absolutely needed them, I’m cool.  I’d rather have these guys for a real opponent and win by 1, then push the issue and win by 14, but maybe some miss next week.  Prioritize.

I know it’s a fan’s opinion so before you knock me, I already know it.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills are going to need to rack up points on offense tomorrow. I expect a big stat day for Allen, who I think will (rightly) push the envelope.

This.  

At this point, I expect to be down White and Milano, in addition to everyone already ruled out.  

Jets might actually be able to score for the first time since they played us Week One.  

Their defense is still miserable.  Even without Brown and Knox, with our starting Guards potentially out.... this should be his “get right” game.