Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

Just now, par73 said:

I think the betting line is far too high. Given the performance of the defense, as well as injuries on that side of the ball, I'm not confident they can stop anyone.

The offense has no running game, and Allen seems to be reverting to 2018 form. And John Brown is a huge loss, assuming he can't play.

Since John Brown was just ruled "Out", he won't play.

Allen reverting has been discussed elsewhere, check out Joe B of The Athletic and Jim Kubiak of TBN

I do agree the betting line is far too high though, given that we just declared one linebacker out, one questionable, and the 3rd known to be playing hurt;

Our star CB is "questionable" after not practicing today, another is on IR, and third is "out", and a fourth has a club on his wrist. 

Mighty Slim on D.

2 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

I don't hate the idea of calling up Duke, but a lot of that hinges on Milano, White and Feliciano. Its a given at this point that Dane Jackson will be called up. If Milano can't go, then we will likely call up a LB for depth. If Feliciano can't go, then we will likely call up an OL. If the impossible happens and all 3 are good to go, then yeah, have at it and call up Duke.

I do (hate it) - unless Duke can play LB or CB. 

Even if Milano and White *can* play, we need to prepare for the possibility of re-injury or regression.  We need an LB for depth.

We also need all the CB help we can get, since Norman is out and Lewis if he plays, will be playing with a club on his arm.

In contrast we have enough WR who have been contributing positively, even with Brown out.

• Like (+1) 1

It's cliche but have been thinking more and more glad to have these poor unit/indiviual performances and injuries now than later.  Get the schemes and personnel worked out, get healthy, then hopefully have things worked out for the stretch run.  Also injuries giving other backup players experience if they are needed later.

Ok, so here is my attempt to talk myself down from being so concerned. 

This game comes down to and has always come down to the offense. The Jets are going to be the Jets. They may put up some points, but even with a banged up D they are going to shoot themselves in the foot on several drives. We are not going to see the Jets convert 10/14 3rd downs like the chiefs. If we do, then we deserve any stress that comes along with it. 

If Josh and the offense come out pissed off and put up points like we know they can, then we should win this game. It is not going to be a blowout like many want, but a W is a W at the end of the year any way you dice it. 

3 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

Ok, so here is my attempt to talk myself down from being so concerned. 

This game comes down to and has always come down to the offense. The Jets are going to be the Jets. They may put up some points, but even with a banged up D they are going to shoot themselves in the foot on several drives. We are not going to see the Jets convert 10/14 3rd downs like the chiefs. If we do, then we deserve any stress that comes along with it. 

If Josh and the offense come out pissed off and put up points like we know they can, then we should win this game. It is not going to be a blowout like many want, but a W is a W at the end of the year any way you dice it. 

You make a good point but the DL has to show up big time Sunday.  They can't let the Jets put long time consuming drives together.

I had originally said that we needed to see the Bills dominate the Jets and win by two touchdowns to restore faith in the team.

With the injuries, I want to see them sit White and Milano and just come out with a win, no matter how ugly. We should be able to do that without them. 

Just win and get healthier for the Pats 

Edited by Process

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure they don't want to  but I'm thinking they may IR someone and call up a LB as well

And then there's the question of can we activate Feliciano

Some of us had a conversation about Mongo yesterday.  If he doesn't get called up he either goes back to IR for 3 more weeks or possibly

is gone for the season on IR.  No one knows for sure.

I hope he gets called up but I don't expect him to play much.  I hope I'm wrong and he is a go for a full game at G.

Sometimes all these injuries can be a blessing in disguise. Gives players a chance to shine they wouldn’t normally get. I’m personally happy to see more Siran Neal flying around the field. Also maybe a good chance for one of these offensive lineman to spark the run game or something. 

It’s time to start making moves here. We are cutting it way to think all over the defense. Not practice squad call ups that you can find in a garbage can. But trade for a guy that could start in the league. Guys are hurt. Even the ones that are playing. We need more players that are acceptable starters on defense. Let’s go Beane

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Some of us had a conversation about Mongo yesterday.  If he doesn't get called up he either goes back to IR for 3 more weeks or possibly

is gone for the season on IR.  No one knows for sure.

I hope he gets called up but I don't expect him to play much.  I hope I'm wrong and he is a go for a full game at G.

I thought they had until next Wednesday before this applies.

I'll look for where I found that, but it's 3 weeks from when he starts practicing.

Edit: just looked it up.  He started practicing October 7, so we have until the 28th to activate or IR him.  That's next Weds.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/07/buffalo-bills-jon-feliciano-returns-wednesday/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought they had until next Wednesday before this applies.

I'll look for where I found that, but it's 3 weeks from when he starts practicing.

Thanks, you are right.  I for some reason had Saturday in my head.  That's a relief.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s time to start making moves here. We are cutting it way to think all over the defense. Not practice squad call ups that you can find in a garbage can. But trade for a guy that could start in the league. Guys are hurt. Even the ones that are playing. We need more players that are acceptable starters on defense. Let’s go Beane

It’s not like there’s a ton of players just readily available. I’m sure they’re exploring options but this isn’t a buffet 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

It’s not like there’s a ton of players just readily available. I’m sure they’re exploring options but this isn’t a buffet 

I don’t agree with that statement tbh. There are 14 teams with less then 2 wins and almost every non Qb is on the table for a trade (within reason). There are always ways. You just have to be interested and willing to give back something.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t agree with that statement tbh. There are 14 teams with less then 2 wins and almost every non Qb is on the table for a trade (within reason). There are always ways. You just have to be interested and willing to give back something.

Why wouldn’t Beane be interested? Or willing to give something up? For all we know he’s been on the phone the last two weeks trying to make an impact move. Or maybe his coaches are telling him he doesn’t need to. I surely don’t know. He doesn’t strike me as a guy who is content to sit on his hands