Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, KCNC said:

It's funny, I have not heard anyone on here postulate about whether Pat DiMarco was actually helping our running game more than we know.  It sure is crappy now.

It was a scheme change/evolution in that they don’t use a true FB now, they are using the TEs as Hbacks a large percentage of the time now

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It was a scheme change/evolution in that they don’t use a true FB now, they are using the TEs as Hbacks a large percentage of the time now

I see it during games, but the point remains was DiMarco contributing in ways our TE don't.  I literally watched Knox run into Winter on one run play.  It was so bad.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Deep down though you still get the sense that this team really needs to throttle the Jets from start to finish to quell any doubts that this team is a fraud and peaked in their first 4 games.

I don’t get that sense.

The Bills could be without their top three (!) CBs and Matt Milano.

Just win. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Starting to get the feeling this is going to resemble a preseason game for the Bills with all the pending key players that may have sit this one out.

With that said, the Jets have preseason caliber roster anyway so winning this game in McClappy fashion (i.e. 10 points or less) would probably be acceptable if needed.

Deep down though you still get the sense that this team really needs to throttle the Jets from start to finish to quell any doubts that this team is a fraud and peaked in their first 4 games.

No, deep down you get that sense. I don’t get that sense.

I just want a W

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

I'd really like to see Duke Williams get called up for this game especially if John Brown is out again.

Not just because he had a career game last year in the season finale against the Jets, but still think he brings a spark and 'juice' to the team.

Agreed on Duke. If Brown sits — and he should — call up Duke.

Instead of doing the timeshare between Roberts, Davis, and McKenzie at WR2, just play Duke. 

He’ll be supremely motivated, he’ll provide some swag to the offense, and he’ll help in the run game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Instead of doing the timeshare between Roberts, Davis, and McKenzie at WR2, just play Duke. 

He’ll be supremely motivated, he’ll provide some swag to the offense, and he’ll help in the run game.

Mckenzie may need to play corner 👀

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mckenzie may need to play corner 👀

It could be true

But back to @Logic

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

C'mon man.  Duke Williams wasn't exactly the sure handed juggernaut he was portrayed to be when he got the call last year.  12 catches on 19 targets.

Davis has 14 catches on 18 targets and McKenzie 12 on 13 targets this year.

Plus as @YoloinOhio says - we may need McKenzie to play corner!

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It could be true

But back to @Logic

C'mon man.  Duke Williams wasn't exactly the sure handed juggernaut he was portrayed to be when he got the call last year.  12 catches on 19 targets.

Davis has 14 catches on 18 targets and McKenzie 12 on 13 targets this year.

Plus as @YoloinOhio says - we may need McKenzie to play corner!

Fair enough.

He wasn’t all bad last year, either. Had some bright spots.

I’m just saying I prefer McKenzie to be a gadget guy, Davis to be WR4, and Roberts returning kicks. I’m not saying we should give Duke a permanent spot on the roster, but the offense has been struggling sinceBrown got injured, and I think it’s worth a shot to see if Duke can provide a boost. 

56 minutes ago, gordong said:

well it's going to be fun if we don't have our top 3 CB's for the game Sunday. 

I think the betting line is far too high. Given the performance of the defense, as well as injuries on that side of the ball, I'm not confident they can stop anyone.

The offense has no running game, and Allen seems to be reverting to 2018 form. And John Brown is a huge loss, assuming he can't play.

I don't hate the idea of calling up Duke, but a lot of that hinges on Milano, White and Feliciano. Its a given at this point that Dane Jackson will be called up. If Milano can't go, then we will likely call up a LB for depth. If Feliciano can't go, then we will likely call up an OL. If the impossible happens and all 3 are good to go, then yeah, have at it and call up Duke.