Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

All this talk about Jets having their WRs for the first time this season... Crowder popped up on the injury report yesterday with a new groin injury was limited yesterday and OUT of practice today. I don’t think he’s a lock to play at all, and he’s the most dangerous WR they’ve got...

He is really good 

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is really good 

He’s pretty much the only guy we can’t stop on their offense whenever we face off, so yeah I’d definitely say his injury is just as important to monitor as the Bills we have been freaking out about. Yet, not a word about him missing practice... Their kicker, on the other hand..

Edited by BobBelcher

3 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

He’s pretty much the only guy we can’t stop on their offense whenever we face off, so yeah I’d definitely say his injury is just as important to monitor as the Bills we have been freaking out about. Yet, not a word about him missing practice... Their kicker, on the other hand..

Yeah in addition to Crowder being real good, we have horrible coverage from our nickel this year.

Dane Jackson may finally get his shot, if Cam is out this week

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Something is not right with this team... not sure what it is. shows on the field though.

Defense typically sets a tone for a team, emotionally and confidence.  This team has zero confidence on defense right now, plays with little to no emotion, and no fans doesn't help either.  Leaders like Kyle and Zo would have helped, but this unit couldn't have asked for a better confidence booster than the Jets, now they just need to execute.

On offense, I agree there is something off with the run blocking and/or play calls.  Josh had shown tremendous growth, weeks 1-4, I think Daboll needs to take some pressure off him, and get more balanced with the running game, especially when Josh comes out "cold" missing throws. Josh also can't start games 0-4, or 1-5 and expect to get chunk plays every game.  We need consistency and then take our shots

Prediction: Bills dominate a hapless Jets team. Ed Oliver gets 20 sacks on Darnold to lead the league. Fans begin to BILLieve again (although we probably shouldnt.) We'll take it though.

Gase #1 i hope they extend him woo!

Edited by BillsFan692

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Defense typically sets a tone for a team, emotionally and confidence.  This team has zero confidence on defense right now, plays with little to no emotion, and no fans doesn't help either.  Leaders like Kyle and Zo would have helped, but this unit couldn't have asked for a better confidence booster than the Jets, now they just need to execute.

On offense, I agree there is something off with the run blocking and/or play calls.  Josh had shown tremendous growth, weeks 1-4, I think Daboll needs to take some pressure off him, and get more balanced with the running game, especially when Josh comes out "cold" missing throws. Josh also can't start games 0-4, or 1-5 and expect to get chunk plays every game.  We need consistency and then take our shots

I should also add, I'm very annoyed with our offensive gameplan against press coverage.  We did very well against Miami, but they ran more Cover 1...Chiefs brought their safeties up, then bailed to Cover 2 man many times our past game.  

Daboll needs to get the "bunch" or tight formations, that design more natural rub routes or opportunities to shed the initial 'press/punch.  Brown was hobbled and couldn't get off his jam, Davis is still adapting, and Beasley gets out physically at times...which is the downside of smaller Wr room.  But we need to motion, or design ways to get off the press....also need to run Play action (from under center) more often

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

I wonder when we will get a Bills team that is truly top 2 or 3 in the conference. How many more years of rebuilding does this regime need exactly? 

I know these things take time but look at the titans. Mcd will be entering his 5th year next season. If he can’t turn this team into a top 3 team in the conference is he really the right guy long term ? 

McD has sent the Bills to the playoffs twice in 3 seasons and at 4-2 is on track to make it 3 out of 4.

Considering the 17 years of ineptitude that came before him I think he is entitled to our continued vote of confidence in his performance.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

McD has sent the Bills to the playoffs twice in 3 seasons and at 4-2 is on track to make it 3 out of 4.

Considering the 17 years of ineptitude that came before him I think he is entitled to our continued vote of confidence in his performance.

This game reminds me a little of last year after struggling in three straight home games (barely beating the horrible Skins and Fins while getting outplayed by Philly and getting hammered by the run game) before going to Miami and dominating them.  I hope we play with the same sense of urgency against the Jets.  

So, is the whole ‘we’ll get right this week’/‘at least we play the Jets’ narrative from Tuesday over with? It’s a Division and Conference game. It’s on the road. With Miami and New England* playing quality ball, the LAST thing we should do is drop our guard and expect an easy win. Flacco isn’t willing to surrender his career and neither is Greggo.

Tighten Up! Everybody.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So, is the whole ‘we’ll get right this week’/‘at least we play the Jets’ narrative from Tuesday over with? It’s a Division and Conference game. It’s on the road. With Miami and New England* playing quality ball, the LAST thing we should do is drop our guard and expect an easy win. Flacco isn’t willing to surrender his career and neither is Greggo.

Tighten Up! Everybody.

I feel pretty crappy about this coming game. However, I know how annoyed i usually am with individuals that act like i am at the moment. So, for the most part,  i'm just keeping quiet for the week. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

It’s the NFL; any given Sunday.

Harken back to week 3 of 2018, when a 2-0 Vikings team was a 17-point favorite hosting an 0-2 team that had been out scored 78-23 in their first two games, with a raw rookie QB making his 2nd start...

That 2-0 team got absolutely smoked, scoring a garbage time TD in a 27-6 loss.

Any. Given. Sunday.

Just win baby.

• Like (+1) 4

According to Jets fans their is a rumor out there that the Jets have traded Brian Poole to the Ravens. I haven't seen anything confirmed by a legit source. Poole did tweet "Big Blessings"... Something to keep an eye on if its true or not.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Greg S said:

According to Jets fans their is a rumor out there that the Jets have traded Brian Poole to the Ravens. I haven't seen anything confirmed by a legit source. Poole did tweet "Big Blessings"... Something to keep an eye on if its true or not.

He’s a decent slot guy, wish we would trade for him actually 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Come on people... we can have a lot of problems and lose two games we should have won/been competitive in, and still be playing the Jets... Chiefs and Titans are top 5 teams and by nature exploit weaknesses... the Jets are a floating piece of trash riding the sewage river towards the trash dump and it’s just been lit on fire. 

I’m not saying we can look past them or not prepare, but let’s get this whole “oh they might beat us” mentality and shove it out the door. 

• Like (+1) 1