Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Fair points, all. But regardless, our defense hasn’t played particularly well all year, pass or run, and I’ve adjusted my expectations accordingly. And until we actually win a game against Bellyache, I won’t be convinced we are anything more than two annual automatic wins for the Pats***. Pains me to say it. 

Oh trust me I know 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, wvbillsfan said:

Can’t wait to get this game and win under our belt. The sky is falling around here after two losses to really good teams. Plus it’s a Sunday game and we usually play better on Sunday. 

well that depends on how we win

anything other than a dominant performance on both sides of the ball is unacceptable 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Am I the only one who has a problem with this statement from Frazier?? I get it, Edmunds is playing hurt. But this isn't the first time that Frazier has said that this year, and now it's starting to not only get redundant, but it just comes off like he's making excuses for him.  And he's "not overly concerned??  REALLY?? If the shoulder injury is causing his play to be so sub-par, why is he still out there??  Is a 50% Edmunds SOO much better than the next option?  And while I definitely acknowledge that our depth at LB is non-existent right now, putting an injured Edmunds out there is way more of a liability than an asset for us. Look at how he's playing...he looks LOST.  I have no doubt that that shoulder is causing hesitation and even a lack of confidence, but right now he's hurting us out there a whole heckuva lot more than helping us.  I pray Beane is doing his due diligence and desperately seeking a LB (or three) to bring in, because Edmunds is hurting us right now.   If it's that bad Frazier then please sit him and find us a stopgap until he's back to 100%(or close to it).

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Fair points, all. But regardless, our defense hasn’t played particularly well all year, pass or run, and I’ve adjusted my expectations accordingly. And until we actually win a game against Bellyache, I won’t be convinced we are anything more than two annual automatic wins for the Pats***. Pains me to say it. 

Yeah if they can manage to split with the Pats I’d be happy. They have owned the Bills far worse than they have the Jets and the Dolphins always seem to win games against them. 

34 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Am I the only one who has a problem with this statement from Frazier?? I get it, Edmunds is playing hurt. But this isn't the first time that Frazier has said that this year, and now it's starting to not only get redundant, but it just comes off like he's making excuses for him.  And he's "not overly concerned??  REALLY?? If the shoulder injury is causing his play to be so sub-par, why is he still out there??  Is a 50% Edmunds SOO much better than the next option?  And while I definitely acknowledge that our depth at LB is non-existent right now, putting an injured Edmunds out there is way more of a liability than an asset for us. Look at how he's playing...he looks LOST.  I have no doubt that that shoulder is causing hesitation and even a lack of confidence, but right now he's hurting us out there a whole heckuva lot more than helping us.  I pray Beane is doing his due diligence and desperately seeking a LB (or three) to bring in, because Edmunds is hurting us right now.   If it's that bad Frazier then please sit him and find us a stopgap until he's back to 100%(or close to it).

No, you're not the only one. 

It does come across as making excuses.

If we're playing a guy who is so injured it is noticeably affecting his play, we need to do something - make a trade, scour some practice squads if our backup options are so limited.  Change the scheme up.  Do something.

Thought experiment:  Josh Allen was clearly injured during the Raiders game.  He has been wearing a brace since.  How would we feel about it if that were offered by Daboll as a reason for his lesser performances against Tennessee and KC?  I don't think the reaction would be very positive around here.

Edmunds is out there to deliver a certain level of play.  If he can't due to the pain of the injury, he shouldn't be out there.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Uncoordinated is definitely a word that comes to mind when watching the Bills D-linemen last night

19 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If bills fans are losing their minds over our 2 losses, I can only imagine Patriots fans must be jumping off bridges with their team being 2-3 and having a losing record for the first time since 2002 

Hahaha Patriots fans have been bridge-jumping every year since 2004.  Unbelieveable.  You have to know a few to believe it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Actually it doesn’t, this isn’t college 

what?

if we have another poor performance on defense and offense against the worst team in the league it’s fair to assume we won’t be winning many more games this season 

we need to show improvement and have 4 quarters domination 

Edited by Penfield45

6 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

what?

if we have another poor performance on defense and offense against the worst team in the league it’s fair to assume we won’t be winning many more games this season 

we need to show improvement and have 4 quarters domination 

Not it's not.  Do you not remember how we got taken to the wood shed in 2017 with the Chargers and Saints?  Guess what?  We fixed the issues and improved.  

Same thing last year when the Eagles ran 200+ yards against us.  The next week, AD had I believe 90 or so yards at half time.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese

I’d love to see us hold Brown out of this game, as he’s clearly hobbled rn, and bring up Duke.  

I know we all roll our eyes at the Duke hype because he failed as a WR1 in the Texans playoff game, but he’s more than capable of being WR3/4.

If we’re all about going 4 WR spread, we kind of need more than 4 WR’s on the active gameday roster.. McKenzie/Roberts are not legitimate WRs.   

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’d love to see us hold Brown out of this game, as he’s clearly hobbled rn, and bring up Duke.  

I know we all roll our eyes at the Duke hype because he failed as a WR1 in the Texans playoff game, but he’s more than capable of being WR3/4.

If we’re all about going 4 WR spread, we kind of need more than 4 WR’s on the active gameday roster.. McKenzie/Roberts are not legitimate WRs.   

I agree that it may be a good idea to hold Brown out for the longer term gain of getting him healthy sooner.  If he's out Davis would be the WR3, so I'd be fine mixing Duke in for say 10-15 plays in a 4th WR role.

14 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Last time we played Joe Flacco we lost by 50

ouch. I just realized I've wasted a lot of time on the Bills with little return.

Another post showed the last playoff win by the Bills in 95, I remember

that game but 25 years, when you say it like that it's very, very depressing.