Week 7: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

This team is terrible. They will probably give the Jets their only win. 

I kid. 

The Jets probably arent going 0-16, which means even at 1-15 they're beating someone.  Why not Buffalo?

35 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Bojo becoming one of the best punters just like I expected. Never doubted him

He does well on the long ones. He needs to work on the shorter ones to pin teams deep.

And obviously the holding for kicks has been a big issue.

But I'm not too worried about him punting, which is nice.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Bojo becoming one of the best punters just like I expected. Never doubted him

LOL I know. Yeah seems like he heard our criticism from Week 5 and earlier, that had to have been the best game of his career (sadly we sort of wasted it). 

I hope he can keep it going, but his issue has always been consistency (punting and holding!!). The Bills always knew he had the leg to boom 72 yard punts and that's why I think they've stuck with him through thick and thin. Hopefully he can use this past game to turn it all around. 

6 hours ago, stevewin said:

This game worries me - because Greggo and cheap shots and late hits.

Dont think you can take any team for granted in the NFL, but wondering if because it's the Jets that might factor into keeping Milano out another week and letting guys like Brown heal up.  Maybe they could also sit Edmunds for his shoulder and at the same time see if the defense gets better 😛

IMHO....we need to go balls to the wall to win this.  If we get a strong lead then we can think about pulling some guys

If the Bills sat Milano and White and Brown vs Tennessee because we wanted them for the Chiefs and made a calculated choice that we didn't need to go balls to the wall to take Tennessee, then that decision backfired

What would really suck is to make a similar "looking past them" decision against the Jets and then lose.

If our best guys can play, they should play.

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

speaking of Bojo, how was his hold on that bad miss by Bass at the end of the first half?  I automatically assumed the hold had something to do with it... 😂

Laces out was what I read but didn’t confirm 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMHO....we need to go balls to the wall to win this.  If we get a strong lead then we can think about pulling some guys

If the Bills sat Milano and White and Brown vs Tennessee because we wanted them for the Chiefs and made a calculated choice that we didn't need to go balls to the wall to take Tennessee, then that decision backfired

What would really suck is to make a similar "looking past them" decision against the Jets and then lose.

If our best guys can play, they should play.

Well it's also still the question at what % effectiveness will they be if they play and still hampered by injury.  Don't think Brown has been very effective last games playing hurt.  Also factor in risk of pushing coming back and aggravating injury, then being unavailable/inneffective for games going into future vs healing and being able to contribute at normal level of effectiveness going forward in season.

18 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Bills should win this but I just need to see Allen play well again. Some accurate throws and hitting receivers in stride.  

If you just want to see "some accurate throws" what was wrong with the ones he made last night?

10 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Well it's also still the question at what % effectiveness will they be if they play and still hampered by injury.  Don't think Brown has been very effective last games playing hurt.  Also factor in risk of pushing coming back and aggravating injury, then being unavailable/inneffective for games going into future vs healing and being able to contribute at normal level of effectiveness going forward in season.

I probably wasn't sufficiently clear.  If a player is at risk of worse injury or is still seriously hampered, Sit Him.

But don't sit an injured player who can go because "it's only the jets" and "we need them more for NE".

If that's what we did re: Tenn it bit us on the buttocks, Hard.

Of course what "still seriously hampered" means is a judgement call

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you just want to see "some accurate throws" what was wrong with the ones he made last night?

He had way too many inaccurate throws last night. Two bad ones to start off, a bad missed TD pass on the opening drive, and a brutal drive killer to Beasley on their first drive in the third (and man, he has to play better in the third quarter). I know you said the one that should have gone to Singletary was a smart throwaway because he would have taken a sack in the past, but ... Singletary was wide open and it was a pretty easy throw. I expect he'll play a lot better against the Jets.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I am talking about when he was 5 of 15 with 25 yards or something.  Josh hasn't been any where close to what he has been first 4 games. 

8 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Good lord.  Unfortunately, it seems that the Bills are turning into the sort of team that plays to the level of their opponent, unless it's a good opponent, then we roll over like docile puppies.

12.5 is a huge spread in a professional football game. 

Gotta say I agree with you in that the Bills have at times played down to the level of their competition.  Under McDermott I would say not so much, but yesterday's loss has stolen quite a bit of my confidence in this team away.  

I am and have always been a glass half-full guy, and I was one who predicted the Bills would smoke the Titans, and then comfortably beat the Chiefs.  This crow doesn't taste good at all, mainly because of how we were beaten.  Hardly anyone thought we would lose to the Titans, yet they not only beat us, they destroyed us.  And then yesterday,  a day that I thought the D would be angry, have some pride and come out fired up, they let a rookie RB, playing without TWO STARTERS on the offensive line, rush for 671 yards.  And while you could make the argument that the D held Mahomes (relatively) in check, he didn’t need to sling it when they were at one point in the night averaging 8 YPC...8 YARDS PER CARRY??  ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME??

Please forgive the yelling and cursing..  We don't remotely deserve to be 12.5 point favorites.  As bad as the Jets have been, this game by no means feels to me like a money-in-the-bank type W.  And to be honest, I don't like the fact we might be facing Flacco.  We've been famous in the past for making players who were way past their prime suddenly look like new, refreshed players.  I'm praying that I'm wrong on all counts.  I do expect us to win this game.  But I don't know which team is going to show up.  

• Thank you (+1) 1