From The Mouths Of Babes (Or Wives...)

Peace Frog

I remember something my wife (who's a casual Bills fan) said to me during the game last week.  She said "How come their guys look bigger than ours?"  I asked her offense or defense.  She said both. The Titans (and now the Chiefs) O-linemen look bigger than our D-linemen and their D-linemen look bigger than our O-linemen, she said.  If the battles are won in the trenches, then I'm afraid it's going to be a long season.  I will add, after watching the game today, I was surprised to see Tre' White look lost out there today on more than a handful of plays. 

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With Star here, we'd have looked less small. It's one reason McDermott's D needs a guy like that in the middle. On offense, less so, IMO. Dawkins is 6'5" 320, Ford 6'3" 329 and Daryl Williams is 6'6" 330, all according to Pro Football Reference.

Morse at 305 isn't small for a center.

Agreed that Tre looked lost a few times. The whole team looked lost, really.

Edited by Thurman#1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Lets face it tre's been soft this season too all that jabbering on twitter during the offseason

He no longer has to be great. He got his money. I love Tre and sucks to say that but at this point thats how it seems. Playing some of your worst ball immediately after the big pay day isnt a good look.

• Like (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I know what happened......Star stepped out for the season - Lawson went to Miami, Milano has been injured the last 4ish weeks and Lorax retired.  Thats a HUGE chunk of D that left with NO replacement in place.  THERE is the problem.  Whine moan and create any theory you want but there are big parts that have gone MIA and it effects the rest of the D.  The Covids and the Chefs lost practically no one from their starting D last year.....not to mention they are 1 and 2 in the AFC.  Bills were struggling on D before they ran into this buzzsaw.  Tre's contract can't make up for 4 missing MJOR parts on the D......sheesh people, think it through some will ya?

Completely agree.   All the Star haters probably wish he was back taking up two guys every play like he was last year.   Might be 10-15 guys like that in the league.   Plus Shaq got so much bigger and stronger against the run and he's gone/.  It's a lighter faster defense now, but it will be tough against the better coaches and QBs. 

Edited by ProcessTruster
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I remember something my wife (who's a casual Bills fan) said to me during the game last week.  She said "How come their guys look bigger than ours?"  I asked her offense or defense.  She said both. The Titans (and now the Chiefs) O-linemen look bigger than our D-linemen and their D-linemen look bigger than our O-linemen, she said.  If the battles are won in the trenches, then I'm afraid it's going to be a long season.  I will add, after watching the game today, I was surprised to see Tre' White look lost out there today on more than a handful of plays. 

That is pretty common. Tackles are usually well over 300 lbs while DEs are normally in the 260-280 range. This will be the case for every team in the NFL. 

Kind of grasping at straws with this one.

Opposing D Lineman are not bigger than our OLine unless there is a big DT on the field

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

I know what happened......Star stepped out for the season - Lawson went to Miami, Milano has been injured the last 4ish weeks and Lorax retired.  Thats a HUGE chunk of D that left with NO replacement in place.  THERE is the problem.  Whine moan and create any theory you want but there are big parts that have gone MIA and it effects the rest of the D.  The Covids and the Chefs lost practically no one from their starting D last year.....not to mention they are 1 and 2 in the AFC.  Bills were struggling on D before they ran into this buzzsaw.  Tre's contract can't make up for 4 missing MJOR parts on the D......sheesh people, think it through some will ya?

No replacements? 

Addison, Jefferson,  Butler, Epenesa,Klein . Maybe the wrong replacements but they tried. Our run D was bad last year too , this had shades of the Philly game last year. 

I also think Levi is a big loss, he should be back next week as well as Milano.

Bottom line, Beane needs to get on the phone and bring in an impact player on the DL. Even 1 impact player can make the guys around him better.

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

He no longer has to be great. He got his money. I love Tre and sucks to say that but at this point thats how it seems. Playing some of your worst ball immediately after the big pay day isnt a good look.

Tre hasn't been great this year but he also hasnt been bad.   He doesn't have a lot of opportunities to make plays because teams dont throw at him, and secondly teams dont have to throw because the run defense is so bad.

phillips and shak were big at their positions.  shak was able to beat up RTs and make plays vs RBs, phillips was a gap jumper, but all that heft moving around caused problems for the O.

i figured we'd be upgrading or flat replacing them.  NOPE

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

With Star here, we'd have looked less small. It's one reason McDermott's D needs a guy like that in the middle. On offense, less so, IMO. Dawkins is 6'5" 320, Ford 6'3" 329 and Daryl Williams is 6'6" 330, all according to Pro Football Reference.

Morse at 305 isn't small for a center.

Agreed that Tre looked lost a few times. The whole team looked lost, really.

Titans are huge

7 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

The patchwork O-Line of KC totally smoked and blew the doors off of the Bills D-Line and LBs.  Men against boys type of stuff. Your wife/babe is spot on I think.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

No replacements? 

Addison, Jefferson,  Butler, Epenesa,Klein . Maybe the wrong replacements but they tried. Our run D was bad last year too , this had shades of the Philly game last year. 

I also think Levi is a big loss, he should be back next week as well as Milano.

Bottom line, Beane needs to get on the phone and bring in an impact player on the DL. Even 1 impact player can make the guys around him better.

You answered your own question.  They need a Star.....now.  Agree on Levi 110%

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Tre hasn't been great this year but he also hasnt been bad.   He doesn't have a lot of opportunities to make plays because teams dont throw at him, and secondly teams dont have to throw because the run defense is so bad.

Meh, he hasnt been a difference maker, and his personal foul last night was completely classless.  What a dbag move.  Sore loser who looked like a fool.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Completely agree.   All the Star haters probably wish he was back taking up two guys every play like he was last year.   Might be 10-15 guys like that in the league.   Plus Shaq got so much bigger and stronger against the run and he's gone/.  It's a lighter faster defense now, but it will be tough against the better coaches and QBs. 

Yeah, but at least they don't get to the QB or cover!😉

27 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Meh, he hasnt been a difference maker, and his personal foul last night was completely classless.  What a dbag move.  Sore loser who looked like a fool.

He has had very few passes thrown his way so it shows he is still doing a great job. But that penalty and then Poyer's, wow, that was DUMB. Two games in a row they are undisciplined. IDK what's going on, but they seem to have lost their mojo and focus. They don't look fiery even before the game begins.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Good one. 😂

I just meant, they did try to replace Jordan n Shaq. 

Yeah they tried when Star "was" playing......that has hurt them.  And again - I agree on Levi...much better player than most think.

• Like (+1) 1