Radio Host said we just gave up the blueprint to beat the Chiefs

Ramza86

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

We probably did create the blueprint.  Just like we created the blueprint for Lamar.  We just couldn't get it done.

I love Josh Allen but this one is on his ego.  You don't try to comple 30, 40, 50 yard bombs in those weather conditions regardless of the other QB challenging your arm.  Especially when he says the furthest he can throw is 83 and you threw 85 at your proday.

I don't think it had anything to do with Josh's ego.  Our defense wasn't stopping them and he was trying to make a big play.  KCs defenders made a good play on two of those long throws.

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

But they didn't do that.  They didn't have to because at no point was our defense able to stop the gashing.  No one is claiming our defense played well.  The OP pointed out that the strategy of forcing KC to run the ball limited them to less than their usual 30 pts.  A good defense would have been able to get off the field on third down and limit them even further.

When the players are the issue, there’s only so much the coaches can do.  I’m still kind of in shock at how bad so many paid players and high draft picks are playing so I’m in denial, bordering on the acceptance phase still.  

It’s just all so frustrating.  Watching a bad offense / good defense for all these years has been frustrating, but I never realized how soul sucking the inverse would be.  

34 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

@Hapless Bills Fan, add "no moral victories" to the Bingo card.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

When the players are the issue, there’s only so much the coaches can do.  I’m still kind of in shock at how bad so many paid players and high draft picks are playing so I’m in denial, bordering on the acceptance phase still.  

It’s just all so frustrating.  Watching a bad offense / good defense for all these years has been frustrating, but I never realized how soul sucking the inverse would be.  

Totally agree.  I think we all expected a top 5 defense and were hoping for an incremental improvement on offense.  Instead the defense fell apart and now our offense is in question.

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Okay. so the Chiefs have been gashing you for 7 8 10 15 yard runs all game long.

now all of the sudden the start using play action and your LBs and safeties are going top bite at that and guess what The Chiefs offense is still on the field.

You are basically conceding that KC is going to score 25-28 points and just hoping your offense can match them. It's no better a strategy than blitzing the ***** out of them and hoping for sacks and turnovers but willing to take the hit on big plays. Maybe a team with a better D-line can take advantage of the strategy but I honestly think Mahomes is also disciplined enough to dink and dunk on you. 

56 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is why I've been mentioning the offense in tonight's loss, not the defense.

If Allen is better than terrible, maybe we win.  We would definitely have had a shot.

We almost had a shot as it is.  

Our inability to sustain drives and keep their offense off the field on 3rd and longs multiple times eventually came back to bite us

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't think it had anything to do with Josh's ego.  Our defense wasn't stopping them and he was trying to make a big play.  KCs defenders made a good play on two of those long throws.

So our D wasn't stopping them when their offense hadn't even taken the field yet?  The very first drive when he started 0-3 on passes.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

So our D wasn't stopping them when their offense hadn't even taken the field yet?  The very first drive when he started 0-3 on passes.

No one is saying Josh played well.  He was off from the start.  Your attributing his long attempts to his ego is where I disagree.  

Just now, jkeerie said:

No one is saying Josh played well.  He was off from the start.  Your attributing his long attempts to his ego is where I disagree.  

It's speculation.  But Mahomes did bring up who could throw farther and Allen just happened to come out immediately and try to throw a hail mary.

22 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

But they didn't do that.  They didn't have to because at no point was our defense able to stop the gashing.  No one is claiming our defense played well.  The OP pointed out that the strategy of forcing KC to run the ball limited them to less than their usual 30 pts.  A good defense would have been able to get off the field on third down and limit them even further.

A better defensive line in my opinion would have been able to at least get them off the field on that last drive where they scored a field goal to officially put the game away. I think a better defensive line could have cut down on the success of the run game (although it would have resulted in a successful ground game if your game plan is designed to give some up on the run) and gotten some sacks or pressures on at least some of those third downs. 

I do think that some teams will try to replicate this strategy with KC. Thinking that their defensive lines can handle KC better and thus limit their ground success and limit their third down success.

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Okay...we played horrid defensively...giving up a ton of yards.  But it is true.  We held KC to 26 points.  Defensively we held Mahomes in check.  He even said post game it doesn't matter how they win as long as they win.  Unfortunately, our offense was off again and had it not been, we could have won the game.

Held him?  He had an opportunity to rest his arm since we were a sieve against the run. He would have shredded superstar white and the rest of them if he had to. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

A better defensive line in my opinion would have been able to at least get them off the field on that last drive where they scored a field goal to officially put the game away. I think a better defensive line could have cut down on the success of the run game (although it would have resulted in a successful ground game if your game plan is designed to give some up on the run) and gotten some sacks or pressures on at least some of those third downs. 

I do think that some teams will try to replicate this strategy with KC. Thinking that their defensive lines can handle KC better and thus limit their ground success and limit their third down success.

I think Pitt and Tenn and Balt will have more success on D against KC.  Our players are mostly backup caliber.  

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Held him?  He had an opportunity to rest his arm since we were a sieve against the run. He would have shredded superstar white and the rest of them if he had to. 

superstar white is looking quite average this year

• Like (+1) 1

Threads & suggestions like this blueprint thing were frequent after losses to New England. Its just that we heard of this blueprint to stop Tom Brady for 20 years.

Yes the way to beat KC is to force them to run. Its also important to have a good running game ourselves to control the clock & limit their opportunities. Only reason why KC ran so much is because we couldn't stop it, not because we forced them to. KC could've done whatever they wanted to us today & decided to roll with the ground game bcuz of A. the conditions & B. we couldn't stop *****, as they were gashing us for 7-9 yards a pop.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It's speculation.  But Mahomes did bring up who could throw farther and Allen just happened to come out immediately and try to throw a hail mary.

First three plays:

1.  Josh Allen incomplete short left to Cole Beasley.

2.  JA incomplete short left to John Brown.

3.  JA incomplete short left to John Brown.

I don't get the "immediately try to throw a hail mary."