Radio Host said we just gave up the blueprint to beat the Chiefs

Ramza86

Keep the Chiefs running and keep their score low. They did everything they wanted and we had the ball with a chance to get a lead in the 4th. 

Also said if we had any run game we probably win that game.

I thought he had a good point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is why I've been mentioning the offense in tonight's loss, not the defense.

If Allen is better than terrible, maybe we win.  We would definitely have had a shot.

We almost had a shot as it is.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think we’d have a slightly better opinion of the defense if this was one-off game against KC.  

The offense, honestly, are the ones who lost this game.  

That being said, the offense has carried us to a 4-2 record and the defense has done nothing but be a highly paid albatross on the season so far.   

In a vacuum... Fine. I’ll be generous.. The defense was a C against KC.  They’ve been an F against everyone not named the Jets.   They were manhandled like rag dolls and vomited all over themselves in clutch moments and this is what people seem to think was their best non-Jets performance of the year?... Probably true.  Probably still embarrassing for so many highly paid players. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

We showed the league how to beat the Ravens too. Unfortunately, we are the ones to show people how, while losing ourselves.

I was saying this earlier, but this is the game plan I thought they may deploy on defense. Give up the ground to limit/stop the pass. If they could’ve held them to more field goals and gotten off the field on 3rd down, it may have worked. Unfortunately, our offense has been asleep since we beat Vegas and our defense is pretty poor overall. As per usual, we give a blueprint that someone else will perfect. 

• Like (+1) 1

So the way to beat the Chiefs is to

let them run for 7 yards per carry

let them not actually have to use their passing attack

keep your offense off the field so you don't have a shot to score

tire your defense the hell out

Only have the Ball for 20 minutes so if you punt twice your SOL.

If the game is close and your defense needs a huge stop they are gassed from being on the field for over 35 mintues already.

Seems like an awful strategy.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Okay...we played horrid defensively...giving up a ton of yards.  But it is true.  We held KC to 26 points.  Defensively we held Mahomes in check.  He even said post game it doesn't matter how they win as long as they win.  Unfortunately, our offense was off again and had it not been, we could have won the game.

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is why I've been mentioning the offense in tonight's loss, not the defense.

If Allen is better than terrible, maybe we win.  We would definitely have had a shot.

Allen wasn't terrible.  Both drives in the first half to give us 10 points were the result of a couple of great throws and runs. His 4th quarter drive to cut the led to 6 was a thing of beauty.  Did Allen play well? No.  But not playing well is a lot different then playing terribly.

While the defense kept the Mahomes from throwing the ball all over the field they did at the expense of over 250 yards rushing and nearly 40 minutes TOP.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Chiefs secondary was holding and grabbing on every play, they called some, but on others thew off the timing on the passing game. Credit to them 

I said to my buddy, while watching, it’s like the old school Louisville Pitino Defense.   Hand check all the time.  They’ll call some if it, but won’t call all of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

December 9, 2019:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/quote-sheet-no-moral-victories-for-the-bills-after-a-tough-loss-to-baltimore

October 19, 2020

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/19/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-makes-clear-moral-victories-over-kansas-city-chiefs/

I predict we'll have another "no moral victories" comment by the end of the season.  

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If we can block, allow him some time or maybe even run the ball a little, we have a shot. 

Allen wasn’t good by any means, but if he had better opportunities it might have ended differently. We lost that game largely on the line of scrimmage. That’s where games are won and lost. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

So the way to beat the Chiefs is to

let them run for 7 yards per carry

let them not actually have to use their passing attack

keep your offense off the field so you don't have a shot to score

tire your defense the hell out

Only have the Ball for 20 minutes so if you punt twice your SOL.

If the game is close and your defense needs a huge stop they are gassed from being on the field for over 35 mintues already.

Seems like an awful strategy.

No...when our offense is on the field we need to sustain drives and score touchdowns.  We didn't do that part.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen wasn't terrible.  Both drives in the first half to give us 10 points were the result of a couple of great throws and runs. His 4th quarter drive to cut the led to 6 was a thing of beauty.  Did Allen play well? No.  But not playing well is a lot different then playing terribly.

While the defense kept the Mahomes from throwing the ball all over the field they did at the expense of over 250 yards rushing and nearly 40 minutes TOP.

Allen was terrible.  

I really, really like Allen’s future here and won’t dwell on this one.  I thought he played ok against Tennessee, and the criticism he received for that game was unfair.  

but tonight... no excuses.. Allen was awful for most of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

If we can block, allow him some time or maybe even run the ball a little, we have a shot. 

Allen wasn’t good by any means, but if he had better opportunities it might have ended differently. We lost that game largely on the line of scrimmage. That’s where games are won and lost. 

They sent heavy blitzes and Allen, like against Baltimore, wouldn’t make them pay.   

Hit a WIDE OPEN Singletary on the jailbreak all out blitz and they’ll stop doing it. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

No...when our offense is on the field we need to sustain drives and score touchdowns.  We didn't do that part.

SO the Bills score another Touchdown.

Are we all pretending like Mahomes didn't have wide open WRs all game long?

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

They play off coverage cover 3, and we run it for 2 yards. That is an issue too. 

21 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Keep the Chiefs running and keep their score low. They did everything they wanted and we had the ball with a chance to get a lead in the 4th. 

Also said if we had any run game we probably win that game.

I thought he had a good point.

Ah.....I think the team with the blueprint is the team that beat them.

We gave up 9 - NINE - third down conversions to them.  We couldn't get them off the field. 

SMH

and Yeah, a run game would help

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

SO the Bills score another Touchdown.

Are we all pretending like Mahomes didn't have wide open WRs all game long?

He did...but they were short receptions.  We kept our safeties deep to protect against the big play.  That made KC have to sustain long drives.  That strategy works if you can do likewise.  We didn't.  So instead of matching them TD for TD, we came up 9 pts short.