I'm NOT mad. Just sad!

PUNT750

After our 4-0 start we could see the holes.  Especially on defense.  Josh had to keep having HUGE games for the Bills to win.  I think most of us knew that.

I'm sad about the Bills coming down to earth.  It's happened so much over so many seasons.  Nice team but not good enough against the 'winners' in the NFL.  When we lost 3 straight at the end of 2019 some belief was gone. 

I love the Bills but we just aren't good enough to reach the pinnacle.  I just have fun watching them play - win or lose.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

After our 4-0 start we could see the holes.  Especially on defense.  Josh had to keep having HUGE games for the Bills to win.  I think most of us knew that.

I'm sad about the Bills coming down to earth.  It's happened so much over so many seasons.  Nice team but not good enough against the 'winners' in the NFL.  When we lost 3 straight at the end of 2019 some belief was gone. 

I love the Bills but we just aren't good enough to reach the pinnacle.  I just have fun watching them play - win or lose.

GO BILLS!

I agree, I was just thinking the same thing. This team is good but has no chance of winning a SB this year. We will still make the playoffs if we lose on purpose to the Jets preventing them from getting TL.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

GO BILLS!

Everything settles down eventually to the mean...and the team record coming back to earth was inevitable. As was Josh Allen's completion %

Right now, Buffalo can beat the bad teams and some of the pretty good teams(Rams, Raiders, Pittsburgh last year) but still falls short against the top notch teams.    The way that this season is playing out in the AFC east, 9 wins might be enough to win the division.

These next few games will let us know whether McDermott is a good coach or just better than what we have had since Levy.    If the defense can even come close to going back to last years form, I do not see a team left on the schedule that we cannot beat.  If they play like they did against Tennessee and KC, eight wins might be a struggle. 

The Jets game is a chance to turn thing around, plays some of the younger guys on defense and rebuild some confidence.    After that New England, Arizona and Seattle will be a true measuring stick on where Buffalo really is.  Anything less than 6-4 going into the week 11 bye means that the team has regressed.

Edited by dgrochester55

Yeah the Bills have a tendency of setting you up for disappointment. 

Josh looks like he is settling into who he really is. The coaching staff is being out coached and the national games are reinforcing the Bills bad reputation.  

Meh, football has lost its shine in many ways and this team never really had anyone convinced that they were any different from past slightly above average teams. 

This is Buffalo Bills football. 

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Long season. 

They look like pretenders now. That could change over the course of the year. 

We are what are record says. We're a 10-6 team that might barely win the afce. We're not going deep in the playoffs with this defense. Josh is fun but inconsistent. He's world's away from Russ or Patrick. This crazy year has caused more injuries than normal and the players lost last year are missed. Being a Bills fan requires a certain level of expected sadness. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

GO BILLS!

You are sad about being 4-2 and in first place in the AFC East?  The Bills are exactly what they are supposed to be right now.  A top 10 team that will win the AFC East and a playoff game.  If they get healthy and fix one of two things they could be a real threat to win it all.  We need to see the Bills without the Covid nonsense they were forced to go through.  Win 3 of the next 4 and the Bills are set up perfectly for the post bye run to the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

We have to beat the Jets this week, otherwise the season is over.

But beating the Jets and beating the Pats the next two weeks, every single Bills fan would have signed up for 6-2, 2.5 games up on the Pats through the first 8 weeks of the season.

Agreed. 6-2 having played the Rams/Raiders/Titans/Chiefs/Pats would be an incredible start.  

Edited by FUTURIST

11 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

GO BILLS!

IMO a very healthy and smart way to look at it. 

We are so used to the Pats running away with the Division and essentially playing for home field after about Week 8, I think we have a warped sense of reality.  The Bills just need to scrape and claw, hopefully get healthy and hot at the right time. 
McD will also need to keep making adjustments, obviously. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Beating Belichick.  I'll see it to believe it.

They will beat the Pats.  The Pats are not good. The Bills will struggle with elite teams, not teams like the Pats.   The Bills are not ready for the Titans/Chiefs/Steelers types, they will beat the Pats/Raiders types.

It is not just that we are 4-2, we could be happy with 4-2, it is the way we have played two weeks in a row. The last two games looked closer to the 2018 team than they did the first 4 weeks of 2020. That is the big concern for everybody. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1