Beane needs to get on the telephone

Cal

I know no one may be available for a trade but he must try. There are two major concerns. We need...

A legitimate TE or big WR. Kelce made Mahomes look good on a few inaccurate throws...Allen has no big athletic target like that.

A run stuffing DT. We got ran all over today. The lost of Jordan Phillips proves to be large. Ed Oliver can not stuff the run. Just use him on pass rushing downs.

The sorts of changes we need to make are made in the off-season.

They aren't going to be made in the next few weeks.

We have to work with what we have and figure out why the offense went from great to crap.

If we get our points today, as we did in the earlier games, we might win.

The D has been lousy throughout; no surprise there.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Im sure he’ll dust off his old Carolina depth charts looking for someone to sign 

Reminds me when they signed Kelvin Benjamin and this forum went nuts, thinking we had just gotten a hold of something special.

😂

• Like (+1) 3

I think the offensive woes are evident..

John Brown inactive against the Titans. 

John Brown might as well be inactive tonight.  

Blitzing and 2 deep zone.  We haven’t figured it out from the Titans game and the Chiefs employed it tonight.  

Doesn’t help that Allen started out the game like a raging dumpster fire and missed the wide open TD on an overthrow and big gain on the Singletary 3rd down all out blitz throw. 

Also, I don’t understand why Yeldon is inactive.  Singletary is not running well lately, and our running game has zero juice with how slow he hits the holes. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, SCBills said:

I think the offensive woes are evident..

John Brown inactive against the Titans. 

John Brown might as well be inactive tonight.  

Blitzing and 2 deep zone.  We haven’t figured it out from the Titans game and the Chiefs employed it tonight.  

Doesn’t help that Allen started out the game like a raging dumpster fire and missed the wide open TD on an overthrow and big gain on the Singletary 3rd down all out blitz throw. 

Also had a touchdown knocked away at the last second and go through Diggs' hands. Should have hit Brown, though. 

8 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

This team is Spending $18M+ this year on Hughes, Murphy and Addison....

So gross.  I saw an Addison gif posted by the Bills account earlier today and just got annoyed.  

Im not sure there is anybody on this defense that I’m not disappointed in so far.   The DL is an absolute joke though, and it all begins there... If I’m McDermott, I make them sit in the meeting room all day tomorrow listening to Aikman laugh at how badly the Chiefs OL was manhandling them.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, Cal said:

I know no one may be available for a trade but he must try. There are two major concerns. We need...

A legitimate TE or big WR. Kelce made Mahomes look good on a few inaccurate throws...Allen has no big athletic target like that.

This is one of the sweet mysteries of life to me.  Kroft is freakin' 6'6", 252 lbs, but where the heckin heck is he on the football field?  2 targets for 1 reception of 7 yards, and it was a good solid 7 yard reception but....where is he the rest of the time?  I know he blocks, but ???

Can he just not find the spots in the zone?  It's like "Beasley, or no one" the way some of these teams are playing us.

Yeah, TE is a gap.  I don't think we're going to find one.

A run stuffing DT. We got ran all over today. The lost of Jordan Phillips proves to be large. Ed Oliver can not stuff the run. Just use him on pass rushing downs.

I think we need a CB.  I don't think Josh Norman is cutting the mustard.

Beane needs to have a "come to Jesus" meeting so to speak with McDermott and Frazier about how they grade their guys and what they have/need.  They have no obligation to talk straight to the press, but Frazier says we have the right guys in the room - then they bench healthy Murphy and Phillips in favor of Cox and Zimmer.  That right there says to me they're acknowledging there's a problem and maybe the right guys are NOT in the room.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

This team is Spending $18M+ this year on Hughes, Murphy and Addison....

Money well spent. Not......This season has been so wierd. I didn't expect our defense to be so bad. I didn't expect our offense to start off so hot only to stall. Injuries have definitely hit us. Not having Star, Shaq & Jordan obviously effects this defense. Is Frazier really necessary? Is Sean a good game day HC? Will Josh develop enough to warrant the next contract? 

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, TE is a gap.  I don't think we're going to find one.

I think we need a CB.  I don't think Josh Norman is cutting the mustard.

Beane needs to have a "come to Jesus" meeting so to speak with McDermott and Frazier about how they grade their guys and what they have/need.  They have no obligation to talk straight to the press, but Frazier says we have the right guys in the room - then they bench healthy Murphy and Phillips in favor of Cox and Zimmer.  That right there says to me they're acknowledging there's a problem and maybe the right guys are NOT in the room.

Gotta love how the OP cited position needs after Week 6 be improved by the GM and HC who picked those very players who need replacing.  

And now it's come to promoting guys from the PS.  That's Jauronian.  

McD's overall personnel strategy to fit his scheme has been flawed and the "process" altered so many times it's doubtful they'll fix it in mid-season.  It's too late.