What really grinds my gears

Sharky7337

Is how much money we spent on the DL and how little it has done, and we are stuck with most for multiple years.

Next year we need to focus on the trenches and  LB and it is looking pretty bad for us cap wise and we do not have enough picks to plug all the holes.

TE, DT/DE, OL, LB, CB, and maybe even safeties.

Let's hope maybe they begin to gel? 

I can deal with being beat but playing without heart and lousy half ***** tackling is pathetic.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Is how much money we spent on the DL and how little it has done, and we are stuck with most for multiple years.

Next year we need to focus on the trenches and  LB and it is looking pretty bad for us cap wise and we do not have enough picks to plug all the holes.

TE, DT/DE, OL, LB, CB, and maybe even safeties.

Let's hope maybe they begin to gel? 

I can deal with being beat but playing without heart and lousy half ***** tackling is pathetic.

I mentioned this during free agency,  Beane spent big money on fringe players.  Beanne does not understand talent,  how he let Phillips sign with Cardinals for 4.5 million and then sign Klein for over 6 million. People need to look at our cap situation,  i am worried he will next stick huge money into Edmonds and Milano.

You pay play makers and Beanne has not signed any to this point 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, ALLEN1QB said:

I just hope they are not as bad as they look and maybe a different defensive coaching staff would make a difference

I wish the press guysbwould ask tough questions like - why are we paying so much for so little? Are they being coahced to improve? What things can we do?

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I mentioned this during free agency,  Beane spent big money on fringe players.  Beanne does not understand talent,  how he let Phillips sign with Cardinals for 4.5 million and then sign Klein for over 6 million. People need to look at our cap situation,  i am worried he will next stick huge money into Edmonds and Milano.

Its like insee belicheck do so much with so little I wish we could borrow him lol

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Phillips signes for 10 million a year.  They were never going to resign him at that rate when they drafted Oliver that high.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

I wish the press guysbwould ask tough questions like - why are we paying so much for so little? Are they being coahced to improve? What things can we do?

Exactly. Seems to me the game plan wasn't to win but to not lose to bad. What the hell was that mess? Someone needs to answer for that if I'm the owner someone is getting freaken fired tonight!!!

Edited by ALLEN1QB

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Phillips signes for 10 million a year.  They were never going to resign him at that rate when they drafted Oliver that high.

Jordan Phillips $2,000,000 $2,000,000 $0 $0 $0 $0   $2,000,000   $4,000,000  
$14,500,000
($10,500,00
1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:
$14,500,000
($10,500,00

2 mill base and 2 mill bonus= 4 mllion cap number

Edited by Niagara Dude

Don’t we have contract outs with limited cap hits on a lot of the DL guys after this year?

I do agree that he has valued quantity over quality and when those quantity guys you signed aren’t even playing to an average level, it’s a problem.  

Add in the fact our 2nd round pass rusher is a complete non-factor, and the offseason DL moves look like an abject disaster. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:
$14,500,000
($10,500,00

2 mill base and 2 mill bonus= 4 mllion cap number

3 years and $30M with Arizona.

I am not excusing Beane's personnel work but you are thinking about the 1 year deal he signed when with Buffalo.

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Its like i see belicheck do so much with so little I wish we could borrow him lol

Edited by Sharky7337

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:
$14,500,000
($10,500,00

They paid Mario Addison $10M.Trent Murphy has a $10M cap hit. 

I think it’s important for teams to keep their draft picks and reclamation projects. They could have kept Philips and Shaq for ~$20M. Instead they signed Addison, Jefferson, Klein and Butler for ~$30M. None of which have filled either of those voids. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

You need to spray out your keyboard, your N key is stuck.....

• Haha (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Fortunately you're wrong here. Star and Oliver are the only ones with more than $4 million in dead money next year. We could hypothetically save $6.2 million by releasing Addison, $7.3 million by releasing Hughes, $6.8 million by releasing Butler, and $4.5 by releasing Jefferson.

Edited by gobills404
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I am not excusing Beane's personnel work but you are thinking about the 1 year deal he signed when with Buffalo.

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Go to over the cap,  it says 4 million

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

• 2020 Salary Cap Charge: $4,000,000 (2.04% of cap)
  • 2020 Cash Payout: $10,000,000 (4.64% of spending)
  • 2020 Cash to Cap Ratio: 2.50
  • Contract Value: $30,000,000 ($10,000,000 APY)
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $14,500,000
  • Contract Ranking: 21/210 at IDL

•  

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Go to over the cap,  it says 4 million

• 2020 Salary Cap Charge: $4,000,000 (2.04% of cap)
  • 2020 Cash Payout: $10,000,000 (4.64% of spending)
  • 2020 Cash to Cap Ratio: 2.50
  • Contract Value: $30,000,000 ($10,000,000 APY)
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $14,500,000
  • Contract Ranking: 21/210 at IDL

•  

That's just his first year cap figure you are looking at.

They could cut him right after the season.......and get out of it with only $10M of cap space spent for the one season.

It's pretty much going to cost them $10M per year average.

• Like (+1) 2