Trouble in Paradise! Diggs sulking on the final drive

FireChans

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Down by 9 who cares. Game was over.  Who cares. Don't risk injury.

I'd expect a comment like this from a guy that lives in Portland. What about the rest of the players goin 100%? You've never played a sport in your life sir 

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Surprised this hasn't been posted about.  A pretty bush league moves of Diggs to just walk back to the line on the last drive. A sign of low football character.

Wouldn't go so far as to attack his whole character.

But man was that frustrating to see.

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Lol. Did it look like the rest of the guys were going 100%? Nope. 

Yes, absolutely.

Playing well? By no means, but that was the only quit I saw.

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I don't condone it but the game was over. 

Save the body for when it matters. No big deal.

Had the fat lady sung?

It wasn't over.

Yeah, the odds were wildly unlikely. Onside kicks these days are almost impossible. Almost, but not totally.

Not crazy about the sulking, but the game was over and players can get frustrated.  They are human beings, and I remember losing a couple of games in my day playing and coaching.  It’s hard to put on a good face when you know it’s over.  In some way, the fact that the loss meant so much to him he was that upset tells me he really wanted to eat the Chiefs, and tried his best to make that happen.  It was tough coaching kids and staying positive on a game plan you worked on all week, and to see the dejected look in the boys faces, a and trying to keep positive with them, then having to give you’re post game speech trying to find positives in a bad loss.

Im not going to bang on Diggs for that point.  I was just listening to Sal in his 7 am spot the other day, and he commented how thoughtful, positive, and engaging he is with the media.  He also said he noticed the comradery between Allen and Diggs. 

16 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They were a long pass play away from a TD, and then an onside kick.  There was a 1:30+ to go.  The game was not over.  No player should have to be talked to by the coaches about effort.  If the coaches thought the game was over, the starters would be on the sideline. 

Maybe nothing...or maybe the sign of a player with issues. 

Edited by Back the Blue

I did NOT like Diggs’ slow shuffle... at all. Not a Yankees’ fan at all, but I really, really admired a classy player like Jeter... who always, always, always, ran them all out, whether up large or down to the final losing out! Because, that’s why you get paid huge to play the game!

That being said, the Bills had NO chance of covering 9, after that D was so inept, it allowed a 3rd. & 14 completion, to eventually setup the covering FG.

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yeah, countless NFL careers have ended by guys running up to the line of scrimmage and getting set before the snap.  

Good point.

• Haha (+1) 3