This game is not all Josh Allen’s fault.

I see a bunch of you guys ready to harp on Allen and while he was bad in the 1st half yes he got it together in the 2nd half. The defense couldn’t get off the field and without Milano and White playing with an injured back and without Star our defense has been struggling. I’m sure Beane and McD will do whatever they can to shore up the defense. Maybe even call back Star and see if he wants to come back this year. Allen needs a RB that will help him. Singletary is not the answer and honestly I’ve never been a fan of his. He needs a number 1 back to help him the way Thomas helped Kelly. And yes Thomas made Kelly look good, I remember Kelly having a streak of poorly QB games and he had more Receiving talent and a better o line than Allen has. Allen is getting better and is also having growing pains which HAPPENS!!!! I can see us definitely rebounding against the Jets and Miami. Newton is a broken down version of himself and even Belichick knows he’s not winning much with a broken down Newton. We already know who Fitz is so as long as Miami keeps him out there im not worried much and the Jets have completely blew up and are more clueless than Miami was back in 18 and 19. Barring injuries were fine and were gonna rebound and get better. 

• Like (+1) 3

They need to stop castrating him and allow him to run against cover 0.   Had he run early in the game and forced them to stop blizting the hell out of him the game is different.  Instead we got a guy who was off kilter trying to play hero ball.

He will bounce back but I give them no shot against blitz heavy teams until he can show he can beat it.  The Pittsburgh game should be a mess.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

As much as I am an Allen Believer. He didn’t help. 

but it is a team game and eventually the Defense has to MAKE A PLAY when offense is struggling after all the Offense has covered for you all season 

No he didn’t help but Allen and the offense definitely bailed out the defense the first 4 games and he and Diggs and Beasley were the only ones to show up against the titans.

Allen wasn't very good, but I also don't think he was as bad as our initial reaction is.

First of all, Daboll frustrates me... I feel like he's Jekyll and Hyde as an OC.  Our RBs just aren't very good... or our OL is just horrible at run blocking... or both.  Singletary had 1 run of 10 yards and 1 run of 9 yards at one point.  Other than those 2 runs our RBs still ran the ball 13 more times for a TOTAL of 23 yards.

We just get behind the sticks too often on those early downs and then have to rely on Allen to get us a 1st down.  And honestly, all year that's what he was doing with his arm... today he did it more often with his legs.  And the icing on the cake are the drops by our WRs.  I know the deep passes to Brown and Diggs in the EZ aren't drops, but those were good passes.  But Diggs had another drop at one point.  Brown had that drop on a perfectly thrown pass on 3rd and 10 on the very first drive that hit him in the facemask.  We've upgraded our WR corps for sure, but even before this game Allen was STILL suffering from highest drop % in the NFL.

And finally I really do think Allen has some Primetime Yips he needs to work through.  Last year I think I made the comment that Allen was much better on the road because there's less pressure to perform on the road than at home.  Same goes for Primetime games. 

He's still growing, and I'm confident he will, but I think the fact that he didn't have much of a spotlight in HS, JuCo, or D1 College is factoring into his need to grow a bit more into the game.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

They need to stop castrating him and allow him to run against cover 0.   Had he run early in the game and forced them to stop blizting the hell out of him the game is different.  Instead we got a guy who was off kilter trying to play hero ball.

He will bounce back but I give them no ajot against blitz heavy teams until he can show he can beat it.  The Pittsburgh game should be a mess.

Pittsburgh just lost one if not there best defensive player to a nasty ACL injury. They’re defense will be a mess 

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Allen was terrible in the game today.

Terrible.

That's 4 great games followed by 2 bad ones.  

Which player is he?  Does anyone know?

He didn’t play that bad against Tennessee he was one of the only players who showed up in that game. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

As much as I am an Allen Believer. He didn’t help. 

but it is a team game and eventually the Defense has to MAKE A PLAY when offense is struggling after all the Offense has covered for you all season 

Same. Josh didn't have a good game, by a longshot. But certain players who are good I give passes. Josh should be allowed to not have an MVP performance without being hung out to dry. (Needs to play better than this though, obviously). 

Stefon Diggs, John Brown, Cole Beasley are allowed to drop a ball here and there. 

Tre White is allowed to give up a chunk play every once in awhile. Matt Milano is allowed to miss a tackle here and there. 

The problem is the drop off between our good players and that next level.  They're forcing our good players to be excellent every game, which isn't practical nor sustainable.  

IMO

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

If Allen is truly an ascending QB in this league, he can't have multiple games in a row like this. That's the bottom line...

All that MVP talk really was garbage if Allen can't pull it together.

My god it’s two ***** games for Christ sakes and two  games against two really good teams. This defense really needs Star back. Also for everyone on here that’s saying that Beane made a mistake by not resigning Lawson or Philips please remind me what either are doing for their new teams?

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Right Devin Bush is the reason TJ Watt, Cam Heyward, and Bud Dupree are beasts.  

It’s a loss to they’re defense. It’ll be a good game regardless

If the bills keep trying to make Josh Allen - Drew Brees, it’s never going to work. Allen is what Newton was. You just got to let him play with his legs. I’m so happy he had a great 4 games passing this year. We will beat a lot of bad teams that way. He’s at his best when he’s running. Today is what he is against every good team. You just have to stop asking this guy to throw 40 times a game. He’s never going to be that guy. Let Allen run for 60 and throw for 230. We will beat good teams that way.

• Like (+1) 1

I really don't put it on him at all.  He had a few bad throws in there, but everyone does. It is starting to actually bug me when HE has them, and announcers are like "there it is!  That's why people say what they say about Allen," but Mahomes can have 'em with nary a comment.

The reason I still have 100% faith in Allen:  if we got that fumble, or the D got even one stop that last Chiefs drive, I have no doubt we get the go-ahead score.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, delirious said:

Same. Josh didn't have a good game, by a longshot. But certain players who are good I give passes. Josh should be allowed to not have an MVP performance without being hung out to dry. (Needs to play better than this though, obviously). 

Stefon Diggs, John Brown, Cole Beasley are allowed to drop a ball here and there. 

Tre White is allowed to give up a chunk play every once in awhile. Matt Milano is allowed to miss a tackle here and there. 

The problem is the drop off between our good players and that next level.  They're forcing our good players to be excellent every game, which isn't practical nor sustainable.  

IMO

Dude do you know how many bad games Kelly had?? There were times I literally couldn’t stand Kelly. One game he was 3-30 for 110 yards against the Panthers led by Frank Reich, other times he was 8-20 for 88 yards against the jets back in 94 I believe but I could be wrong. Every QB has bad games here and there he’ll Elway wasn’t perfect neither was Marino. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

My god it’s two ***** games for Christ sakes and two  games against two really good teams. This defense really needs Star back. Also for everyone on here that’s saying that Beane made a mistake by not resigning Lawson or Philips please remind me what either are doing for their new teams?

so the Bills are going to be that team, that beats the teams worse than them and lose to the teams better than them.

So the last 17 years.

Good teams dont give up 300 yards rushing.

Good offenses dont go anemic for 8 quarters at a time. 

Phillips just forced a fumble leading to the AZ TD

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Dude do you know how many bad games Kelly had?? There were times I literally couldn’t stand Kelly. One game he was 3-30 for 110 yards against the Panthers led by Frank Reich, other times he was 8-20 for 88 yards against the jets back in 94 I believe but I could be wrong. Every QB has bad games here and there he’ll Elway wasn’t perfect neither was Marino. 

That's why I said I give good players passes when they have bad games, and mentioned Josh as one of those players. 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

And let's not forget that so many on this board and elsewhere perpetually called Star a bust and HATED that this staff played him as much as they did.

• Thank you (+1) 2