Did Anyone Watch Mahomes Post Game Interview?

Irv

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

I rather have the chiefs air it out than have them run the ball down our throats. More mistakes happen in the passing than rushing.

Yeah it was a lame game plan but it did almost work its tough. I would have rather seen them man up and just play rather then this cowardly planning not to lose *****

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Of course the Bills played a classic cover 2 and wouldn’t give up deep shots the thing is Andy adjusted and ran it..their online beat the Bills Dline...Bills need to have some kind of running game to control the line a scrimmage since they really don’t have one 

Chiefs played 7 D very close to LOS all day we had 4 our LBs are 5-8 yards deep so very easy for their OL to get to second level since ya have 5 on 4 blocking.  

9 hours ago, Irv said:

People a freaking out but,  Mahomes spelled it out clearly.  Bills were protecting deep and gave up the running and middle passing game.  They took what we gave them and won.  The plan didn't work.  They're the Super Bowl Champions and probably could have burned us on long passing plays if we gave them that instead.  Let's win the division and figure out how to beat some of these better teams without firing the whole coaching staff and burning down the stadium.   Milano would have helped.  We'll see Tennessee or KC again.  No doubt.  We'll learn and we'll be ready.   

Plan could have worked if the Bills weren’t so bad on 3rd down

8 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

KC is known for its long plays and quick scoring drives. You saw one today, besides the drive with the two DUMB 15 yard penalties?

If that fumble at the end had indeed been a fumble, the Bills could have won the game! Think about it. The run D stunk to high heavens, but if the O had been just a tad better, the Bills could have won. So, yes, good defensive gameplan IMO. Expect that when you realize the DL can't do its job, run blitz, do something! They only did at the end and it worked.

The Bills D didn't force the Chiefs to run all over them (lol).  They Chiefs chose to--it was their Offensive plan.  The weather was bad and once they saw that they could run at will, there was need for Mahomes, with a top passing Offense ,  to throw the ball.

The Defense lost them that game.  I will give Frazier and McD the benefit of the doubt and assume that was not how they drew it up.

Edited by Mr. WEO

10 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

With everything still came down to stupid plays or near misses; the missed strip, the bad Tre and Poyer late hits, the terrible series where we could not convert a 3rd down ( on the rescinded off setting) .....came close in a gut check game. Gut check season. 

Bills are decent...we need to cowboy up and get ready for Jests, boys....still love this team.

Don't forget the dropped INTs

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Irv said:

People a freaking out but,  Mahomes spelled it out clearly.  Bills were protecting deep and gave up the running and middle passing game.  They took what we gave them and won.  The plan didn't work.  They're the Super Bowl Champions and probably could have burned us on long passing plays if we gave them that instead.  Let's win the division and figure out how to beat some of these better teams without firing the whole coaching staff and burning down the stadium.   Milano would have helped.  We'll see Tennessee or KC again.  No doubt.  We'll learn and we'll be ready.   

how is this ok?

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills D didn't force the Chiefs to run all over them (lol).  They Chiefs chose to--it was their Offensive plan.  The weather was bad and once they saw that they could run at will, there was need for Mahomes, with a top passing Offense ,  to throw the ball.

The Defense lost them that game.  I will give Frazier and McD the benefit of the doubt and assume that was not how they drew it up.

My point was certainly NOT that the gameplan was to have the Chiefs trample them on the ground, come on now LOL But Mahomes himself said they took what the Bills gave t hem, and again, with a more decent offense as the coaching staff could realistically expect, the Bills were in the game. They were close even by being blown out in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

People putting a lot of eggs in the Milano basket.

Is it just me or does eggs Milano sound like a breakfast at Sbarro? 

14 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

With everything still came down to stupid plays or near misses; the missed strip, the bad Tre and Poyer late hits, the terrible series where we could not convert a 3rd down ( on the rescinded off setting) .....came close in a gut check game. Gut check season. 

Bills are decent...we need to cowboy up and get ready for Jests, boys....still love this team.

Tre didn’t even get his moneys worth- it was a half hearted late hit 

14 hours ago, Irv said:

I'm not convinced of this. 

Every time the Bills face a game that is a level-up they fail. 

And the fans are left with morale victories. 

1 hour ago, Jerome007 said:

My point was certainly NOT that the gameplan was to have the Chiefs trample them on the ground, come on now LOL But Mahomes himself said they took what the Bills gave t hem, and again, with a more decent offense as the coaching staff could realistically expect, the Bills were in the game. They were close even by being blown out in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

3 plays would have changed that game. Bass makes the fg, Norman holds on to the INT and gives Josh a short field, and Zimmer's strip comes a second early. If the Bills get 2 out of those 3 and they have a legitimate shot at winning the game. 

They also eliminated Tyreek Hill and tried to limit Travis Kelce. It was a pick your poison game, and the Bills chose CEH. As frustrating as it was, the Bills needed to make 2-3 more plays to have a legitimate shot at winning. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

People putting a lot of eggs in the Milano basket.

Should he is their best 'egg' defensivly speaking in my opinion. The guy covers a good chunk of the middle of the field-- the spot that has been the Achilles heel these past games.

9 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

My guess is that the Chiefs could have scored whenever they needed to to win the game (they did so in the 2nd half to keep the Bills 9-10 points away).  Until then, they knew they were gashing the Bills D from the coin toss.  The Chiefs D is better than the Bills D (and they saw the Bills O was struggling), so they just wanted protect the ball in bad weather, grind down the clock (the TOP disparity was embarrassing).  If they needed a shootout, Reid would, simply have dialed one up.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The thing that got me most was that the Chiefs ran off the left side so many times.  They must have seen a weakness on our DL right side.  That gap was there over and over again.  Was it Klein?  Seemed to me a lot of it was.  Could not fill that gap.  There is no way anybody does that to us again.  We will adjust.