What are the options for immediate in-season personnel moves?

DollaBills

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Snacks Harrison off Seattle PS. There is your Star replacement space eater and allows Oliver to penetrate instead of trying to 2 gap 

6'3" 351 pounds.

His beer gut alone is the size of Ed Oliver.

Beane?  Get 'er done!

13 minutes ago, DollaBills said:

Winning AFC East would feel great. Home playoff game would be great. But we are on a clock with Allen's contract, need to figure something out soon personnel wise

The immediate need is the front seven. Their getting pushed around and not tackling. The offense is good enough. 

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

A lot of defenses are taking time to come together though. None of our vets of this team have played this badly before, certainly not for this long. I think some of this stuff can be corrected. We had dumb penalties two weeks in a row as well. Our defenses in the past has played with real passion and it showed, that’s missing in the current group. 

Yes, but we are one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL... and that’s with a large enough sample size now to make accurate judgments of early season performances.  

Even sadder when one of those games included in our standing was against the Jets.  

We’re not even middle of the pack.  I’d take that in a heartbeat. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yes, but we are one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL... and that’s with a large enough sample size now to make accurate judgments of early season performances.  

Even sadder when one of those games included in our standing was against the Jets.  

We’re not even middle of the pack.  I’d take that in a heartbeat. 

What are the accurate judgements though? 
Firing the coordinator? Any kind of real impact trade is probably not feasible. 
These coaches know we’re playing bad, this is supposed to be their specialty coaching these defensive guys up. 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

What are the accurate judgements though? 
Firing the coordinator? Any kind of real impact trade is probably not feasible. 
These coaches know we’re playing bad, this is supposed to be their specialty coaching these defensive guys up. 

I honestly have no idea what the answer is.  

The only place I’d start is with scrapping the bend but don’t break philosophy. 

We are terrible at getting off the field on 3rd down and rarely hold for field goals.   Bend but don’t break has just been equating to a slow death most drives. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ford made Spain go to the Bench. He is by far the best LG at this point. Offense will hurt with him out. 

If you watch Ford’s run blocking the last 3 games it’s hard to understand how he has been starting. He makes initial contact and is OK, but rarely finishes or sustains a block.  To answer the OP’s question, LG is a position that can be immediately improved from

within the roster. 

It makes me think something is wrong with Spain physically.  And  / or it is politically motivated. The Bills management wants to give the guy they traded up for in the  2nd round every opportunity.

i believe most replacement level

NFL guards would do better and certainly not worse.  Seriously rewatch Ford’s performance and then tell me I’m wrong

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Snacks is on a PS. Only costs a contract. 

another Nigel Brahdam on Den PS. Better than Klein as an option. 

Another is Prince Amakumara on AZ PS gives come Competition at NB and CB2 

Saints let Klein walk then cut bradham Right after signing him and now he’s on a practice squad. He’s not better. 

1 minute ago, Reks Ryan said:

If you watch Ford’s run blocking the last 3 games it’s hard to understand how he has been starting. He makes initial contact and is OK, but rarely finishes or sustains a block.  To answer the OP’s question, LG is a position that can be immediately improved from

within the roster. 

It makes me think something is wrong with Spain physically.  And  / or it is politically motivated. The Bills management wants to give the guy they traded up for in the  2nd round every opportunity.

i believe most replacement level

NFL guards would do better and certainly not worse.  Seriously rewatch Ford’s performance and then tell me I’m wrong

He was Benched because of his poor play. Sorry that is the reality 

I’m going to actually put out some realistic options (that I’m sure will never happen) but will show that help is out there

Deion Jones - Atlanta is done. They are absolutely about to rebuild and I’m sure would be interested in any form of draft capital.

Eric Kendricks - have to believe it’s about to come off the rails in Minnesota. Can’t imagine they’d be anything but sellers right now

Zach Ertz - Already frustrated in Philly. That team is a complete mess and they at least have another guy at TE. I bet he’s very available and he could absolutely put our offense over the edge.

Geno Atkins - Frustrated in Cincinnati. Could be the veteran leader we need on defense. He’s not in the future plans of the young bengals. He could really help us out on defense right now. Even at an advanced age

In terms of trades. Let me see where this team is in two weeks before I am giving up Assets. 

money Trade I would make tomorrow though is for Njoku 

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m going to actually put out some realistic options (that I’m sure will never happen) but will show that help is out there

Deion Jones - Atlanta is done. They are absolutely about to rebuild and I’m sure would be interested in any form of draft capital.

Eric Kendricks - have to believe it’s about to come off the rails in Minnesota. Can’t imagine they’d be anything but sellers right now

Zach Ertz - Already frustrated in Philly. That team is a complete mess and they at least have another guy at TE. I bet he’s very available and he could absolutely put our offense over the edge.

Geno Atkins - Frustrated in Cincinnati. Could be the veteran leader we need on defense. He’s not in the future plans of the young bengals. He could really help us out on defense right now. Even at an advanced age

Let me add Njoku. Get a legit threat down the seam and one that already made it known he wants to be traded 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

In terms of trades. Let me see where this team is in two weeks before I am giving up Assets. 

money Trade I would make tomorrow though is for Njoku 

Let me add Njoku. Get a legit threat down the seam and one that already made it known he wants to be traded 

I like Ertz more. I’d take with guy. I certainly expect neither. A TE would be great but I would prioritize physicality right now. Just can’t see anything happening. I can’t take Edmunds right now. I want a LB and 2 monster DT/DE added. This defense being soft makes me ***** sick

44 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If I am Beane I sign Chase McLaughlin off of the Vikings practice squad tomorrow and move Bass to ours. 

We'd have to cut Bass to get him on our PS. It's a risky move that I wouldn't take.

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I like Ertz more. I’d take with guy. I certainly expect neither. A TE would be great but I would prioritize physicality right now. Just can’t see anything happening. I can’t take Edmunds right now. I want a LB and 2 monster DT/DE added. This defense being soft makes me ***** sick

Ertz is hurt now and out a few weeks. He'd be a nice get but agree not a priority.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

You wouldnt cut a guy who is hitting 62% of his field goals?  What is it witb Bass?  Does he have naked pictures of everyone?  

He didn't miss his first one if recall and tonight miss wasn't a gimme. It's called cutting a kicker too early see Dustin Hopkins whose had a good career since we cut him.

Edited by The Jokeman

57 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Snacks is on a PS. Only costs a contract. 

another Nigel Brahdam on Den PS. Better than Klein as an option. 

Another is Prince Amakumara on AZ PS gives come Competition at NB and CB2 

Don’t you think there’s a reason Harrison is on A PS and not an active roster?

47 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

When milano is back in 4-3 sets I’d like to see Klein move inside and Edmunds and milano play outside. 
I don’t think this defense is as bad as it’s being made out to be, they’re obviously playing bad but I don’t think this is the finished product. We play without any spark whatsoever. One time this year when norman punched the fumble out I seen this defense get fired up. They have a lot of film work to do. I’m looking at it like last year adding all the new starters on offense. Just taking some time to gel. 

The issue in this one was up front.  Some of the "late processing" is by design.  If you are in zone in an RPO you can't just fill your gap because now your zone is vacated.  Our lines inability to disrupt rush lanes allows linemen to get to the 2nd level and block linebackers.  Butler stinks.  Zimmer stinks.  Phillips stinks.  The heavy set with butler and zimmer would still get pushed completely out of their gaps.  Could have ray lewis and it wouldn't matter. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

You wouldnt cut a guy who is hitting 62% of his field goals?  What is it witb Bass?  Does he have naked pictures of everyone?  

Who would you sign?  Jax is on like their 4th kicker this year and already cut hauschka.  It's not like the available players are any good.