Beat the Jets and Pats

10 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think eventually all coaches loose the locker room. McProcess is only going to work if the team meets expectations. Which this season is winning the AFCE and going deep into the playofs. I don't see them meeting those expectations, especially with a regressing QB. 

I think you’re taking too many steps here. I’ve been as critical as anybody about Allen, but I’m not willing to say he’s a “regressing” QB. I also don’t think McD loses the team if they don’t win the East and make a deep run. 

I will give you that I don’t think this defense has been McD’s doing. The pieces were there when he took over. Similar to when Schwartz and Petrine came in after Edwards and Wannstedt. Rex toasted this defense with scheme all McD had to do was not be a doofus. 

Just beat Jets and Pats (who very well might be coming in at 2-4 if they lose to SF sunday). Dolphins are much improved but 7-9, 8-8 is their ceiling. 

If we win the division at 10-6 I'm perfectly fine with that.  We have a team that could get hot at the right time and make a run, we see it all the time.  Just get in the dance.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I am less worried about the Pats than I am of Mia at this point. 

Miami doesn't have pitt/tenn, and got cincy/jax instead.  So... that week 17 game could loom large.

8 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Just beat Jets and Pats (who very well might be coming in at 2-4 if they lose to SF sunday). Dolphins are much improved but 7-9, 8-8 is their ceiling. 

If we win the division at 10-6 I'm perfectly fine with that.  We have a team that could get hot at the right time and make a run, we see it all the time.  Just get in the dance.

Not to mention - tough schedule this year.  No NFCE, NFCW is far better.  AFCW is good too.  And our other games are Tenn and Pitt who are both currently undefeated.  10-6 this year vs. 10-6 last year is a big change.  

I wonder if our defense was ever really THAT good, or if the bad QBs propped up a more mediocre unit.  They certainly werent like... BAD like they are now though.  

14 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I half expect the team to go full Billsy and lose to the Jets. If that happens the Diggs experiment will implode.

The experiment where we got an elite receiver in a draft pick trade who is 3rd in the league in receiving and has helped our young qb immensely?

Thats gonna be a bad thing now huh? 

Yeah ok.

• Like (+1) 1

Beating the Jets and Pats won't make me feel better about who we are as a team, but it will make me feel way better about winning the division, which is the most important thing.  From there, how we fair will be a different question.

I think we are past the point of hoping for playoffs and want to be a team that can make a run.  Right now, we haven't proven to be good enough to make it past the 2nd round, albeit a first round win would be a success for the franchise. 

Overall, with the defense showing top 5 in previous years and what Josh looked like in the first 4 games, there's just a lot of disappointment after expectations created by how the team has played.