a few thoughts about the Chiefs game, in no particular order

Virgil

46 minutes ago, shoshin said:

They lost last night to the SB champs. If the defense holds on the final drive, Bills get a chance for a game winning drive. If that knee wasn’t down, it’s a short field. If Bass makes the FG, they are within 6 with 90 seconds to go. 

As badly as they got mauled on defense, they were actually in the game. The time of possession destroyed them. 

Yes and the 2 late hit penalties really did hurt us in TOP, and of course cost us 30 yards.

As I said, the Bills are very good imo, but not good enough to make dumb mistakes against the SB champs.

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Less swagger and more consistency is what I want from Allen.

He has looked terrible 2 games in a row now, after 4 of him looking the MVP.

So which player is he?  Has he progressed?  Regressed?  Who is he?

Will he ever reach a reliable, consistent level of performance?  When?

Sorry but bolded is total nonsense. He has not looked terrible vs Titans. He was very good apart from the INT, still above average or average at worst even with INT. I have no idea where these takes are coming from. 

He was bad today (I need to rewatch to consider how bad). Circumstances didn't help him much, but he was not good nevertheless.

8 hours ago, ColeB said:

Yeah, as I said elsewhere, this coming from a guy with a career 52% completion percentage.  Rules were different back then but I’m just saying.

Another thing about Allen that sets him apart from other QB's when it comes to completion percentage and something the old timer should understand.  Josh Allen drives the football down the field. Not allot of this dink and dunk that pads the stats. Down the field. Just like Big Ben and the Steelers 3rd and forever is never enough to stop them.

Let them say what they want. The Buffalo Bills have a superstar in the making and the day will come Allen and Mahomes meet again.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/20/2020 at 2:07 AM, Not at the table Karlos said:

I’ve been saying it for a while. You can tell just by looking at Josh before the game how he’s gonna play. It’s obvious when he’s nervous. 

Saw it also, both games.

I wonder if it translates down throughout the team pre-game.

He looks like he doesn't want to be there, initially.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/20/2020 at 11:39 AM, Figster said:

Another thing about Allen that sets him apart from other QB's when it comes to completion percentage and something the old timer should understand.  Josh Allen drives the football down the field. Not allot of this dink and dunk that pads the stats. Down the field. Just like Big Ben and the Steelers 3rd and forever is never enough to stop them.

Let them say what they want. The Buffalo Bills have a superstar in the making and the day will come Allen and Mahomes meet again.

I just rewatched the opening game vs the Jets.  The play calling, execution and Josh’s accuracy were incredible in the 1st half.  Two receivers step back as for screens, Allen fakes to the one on the right, then throws to Singletary on the left for 10+ yards.

• Thank you (+1) 1