a few thoughts about the Chiefs game, in no particular order

Virgil

lets all be honest  Allen has to play at a very high level/near perfect every game or were not winning anything  The defense has been trash since the Houston playoff game and seems to be getting worse with each game.  WE have zero running game.  You would think with teams not stacking the box we could actually run effectively  Every mistake he makes is going to be huge from here on out as we'll be trying to outscore the opponent to win every week. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

We are 4-2 and in first place in the AFC East. Yes, please explain, oh football genius. Prove this isn't just another garbage hot take. 

Whoa calm down.  No need to get nasty.  I mean if you are so pumped about being 4-2 why do you SEEM so angry.  Please stop being agressive.

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Whoa calm down.  No need to get nasty.  I mean if you are so pumped about being 4-2 why do you SEEM so angry.  Please stop being agressive.

Calling for McD and Beane to be fired is regressive and idiotic. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

They just got blasted by two of the best teams in the league.... something's missing with this team.

Teased into thinking they were Super Bowl contenders. Looks like the same one and done pretender. 

Guess we will find out. McD deserves to keep his job for seasons to come. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

so we just ignore the last drive with the interception? 

That was a heave with less then a minute to go to trying to make a play totally forgiveable 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

They just got blasted by two of the best teams in the league.... something's missing with this team.

Teased into thinking they were Super Bowl contenders. Looks like the same one and done pretender. 

A running game they don’t have one... like at all they are Josh Allen and if he’s not John Elway out there they don’t have any other ways on offense to beat you 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Not sure anyone is calling for his head. Just underwhelmed and sick of the same old same old with this guy. 

They were gutless and scared tonight. That charade of trying to get the Chiefs to jump before the end of the 3rd said it all. 

A whole lot of people are. It's really sad. 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The left shoulder is preventing Josh from driving through his throws.  That’s my theory.

I think your theory is correct.  I was messaging my dad during the game and we both noticed this.  The injury has thrown off the improvements he made to his mechanics and he's now reverting to bad habits to try to compensate.

If this is the case, I'd rather see them rest him next week against the Jets to allow him to heal and have him ready for Belichick and the Seahawks.  If there was one game on the schedule I'd have to choose to sit him for, it'd be against the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

2 things:

When did I call for their firing? And

Stop with the agressive name calling.  It has no place here.  Final warning.

You literally said he's in over his head. 

And calling a take regressive and idiotic is not name calling. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

You literally said he's in over his head. 

And calling a take regressive and idiotic is not name calling. 

So someone in over their head equates to firing.  Got it.

And calling someone's (supposed) take idiotic is NOT name calling.  Got it.

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So someone in over their head equates to firing.  Got it.

And calling someone's (supposed) take idiotic is NOT name calling.  Got it.

What are you implying then? 

Calling a spade a spade isn't name calling, no. Just because the take is awful doesn't mean the poster is a moron. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I’m not worried about Allen. When he got the ball in the 4th quarter, the dog came out as usual. 5/5 and a score—just need a stop and he’d have his chance.

Alas, they didn’t get it.

I’m not saying he had his best game—he started slow for sure...but if and when he becomes our biggest problem, we’ll be a Super Bowl contender.

He's been a bit shakey since the shoulder ding, and has gone up against NE styled defenses that definitely seem to throw him off his game...

If there is just a half-second hesitation it is all it takes for a completion to become a miss, or an open window to close.

A complimentary running game of any sort would be helpful as teams are not even trying to bite on play action or bring their safeties up to the line. We suck that bad just moving guys with our line.

I do think with the way the defense has been playing, that Allen is struggling mentally with the idea of carrying this team

He is not ready yet, but I did not see the panic dumb-mistakes "bad" Allen with no-look laterals surface. Sure he chucked one up for grabs near the end, but the game was over and just waiting on the fat lady at that point.

There is a gap between us and the best teams in the league. We know what that looks like now.

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

What are you implying then? 

Calling a spade a spade isn't name calling, no. Just because the take is awful doesn't mean the poster is a moron. 

Nice attempt at a walkback with an insult to boot.

You do, without a doubt, seem thrilled we are 4-2.  No misplaced anger AT ALL.  

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Nice attempt at a walkback with an insult to boot.

You do, without a doubt, seem thrilled we are 4-2.  No misplaced anger AT ALL.  

Let it go, then. 

I am very pleased, yes. Right what I expected. And we'll be 5-2 after next week and all the whiny pessimists can go back to their basements for another week. 

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Let it go, then. 

I am very pleased, yes. Right what I expected. And we'll be 5-2 after next week and all the whiny pessimists can go back to their basements for another week. 

I did let it go.  You started it pal.  You quoted my comment to begin with.  Move along enthusiast.

Yes we will be powerhouses once again after beating the Jets lol.  

Don't count the Jets as beaten just yet. Any given Sunday... and even they must smell blood.

At the same time, I think they are what the doctor ordered for the Bills to get their swagger back. It has been strange to see them look shaky and with no fire before the last two games even began. Weird.

I’ll add a thought of my own...

The weather. 

Either learn how to play in the elements of build a dome.  I’m beyond sick of hearing weather as an excuse.  It was windy.  It was cold.  It was rainy.  It was snowy.  Ok... and.... Why does it always seem to effect our team more than the opponent?  KC tonight, Philly last year.  

Our team plays in Buffalo.  We know what the weather can be like.  Figure it out.