a few thoughts about the Chiefs game, in no particular order

Virgil

Just now, stevestojan said:

Is there any coincidence that we went 4-0 against garbage teams and then lost to two good ones? No? 

I would argue the Rams and Raiders are not garbage....The Dolphins are doing to shabby but to each there own....easy over exaggeration to try to make a point i guess

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm worried because it's two weeks in a row where you could tell from the first time, he was mentally just off.  The result carried through the entire game.  Something is missing

I have to agree.  He didn't look like a dominant QB.

When you get dominated in the trenches it’s hard to win. Right now NO ONE on defense is winning their matchups. DL consistently pushed back 5 yards a pop. LB’s out of position and for the second straight week zero containment on the QB outside the pocket. They Chiefs ran it straight at us for 240+ yards. 

The lack of running game and TE play is severely hurting the offense. Teams have taken away the deep ball and crossing routes forcing everything underneath. Pretty easy to game plan against.

At some point Bass needs to step up or him and Fromm are going to be wasted draft picks.

Lastly, this is the second week in a row where the Bills have done inexcusable things. Back to back stupid penalties by Poyer and White and Diggs literally walking back to the line in a 2 minute offense. All three of them should be called out.

Go beat the Jets and Pats to get the train back on the tracks.

• Like (+1) 5

@Virgil

2 - Allen - I'm not going to talk about his stats, his missed throw to Diggs in the end zone, or his overall inaccuracy at times.  I'm just going to talk about the key things that makes Allen who he is, and that's his swagger.  For the past two weeks, Allen hasn't had that look in his eyes, that kid-like excitement, and that overall confidence that made you believe he could score from anywhere on the field.  I don't know if he just doesn't know what to do against these defenses, but I don't believe he's seen anything dramatically new these past few weeks.  Whatever it is, Allen has taken a step back these two weeks and hopefully it's not a sign of things to come.  This is the most concerning thought to me as this is something I didn't think would ever go away.  Right now, the MVP talk has to stop and figure out if this is the first 2 games is a sign of things to come, and hope we see Josh of old next week against the Jets.

I said this last week that he looked like his body was battling something. Cold, Allergies. Flu. Obviously not covid. But he just didn't look energetic.  He needs to come back. That said, he is the only running game we have. As far as the rest of the team. I got nothing.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Rams and Raiders are garbage?

Yes. The Bills beat them. Follow along. :) 

2 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I would argue the Rams and Raiders are not garbage....The Dolphins are doing to shabby but to each there own....easy over exaggeration to try to make a point i guess

I love me some Hyperbole. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I’m not worried about Allen. When he got the ball in the 4th quarter, the dog came out as usual. 5/5 and a score—just need a stop and he’d have his chance.

Alas, they didn’t get it.

I’m not saying he had his best game—he started slow for sure...but if and when he becomes our biggest problem, we’ll be a Super Bowl contender.

I'm also not worried about Allen. Hearing Aikman and then Terry Bradshaws comments at halftme was infuriating.

Clearly the weather played a part, but by all means lets judge Josh Allen long term on one game and remind everyone how you can never fix accuracy problems.

What a douche bag...

Thanks Virgil

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The left shoulder is preventing Josh from driving through his throws.  That’s my theory.

He hasn’t been the same since that injury. Whether it’s physically affecting him or not, I think it’s certainly inhibiting him mentally.

D sucks, and it’s all D line. Guys on back end aren’t playing well, but we’re getting 0 pressure. Somethings got to give.

Tough listening to all my Chief fan family and friends (I live in and am from St. Louis) talk smack after this one, but we didn’t do anything to shut them up.

Go Bills

Well the Bills finally had to play against the big boys last Tuesday it was the Titan's and tonight it was the Chiefs. The Bills were doing OK against teams like the Jets, and Miami, etc. Now were beginning to see the short comings in the Bills defense, and Josh Allen showing his inaccuracy once again. On top of that the coaching from Daboll, and Fraiser has been lacking as well. So what do the Bills need to be better. On offense, they need better lineman. They also need a visible tight end who can block and get open for passes. On Defense, they need some run stoppers and pass rushers. Until then they will only be a sub-par football team.

• Like (+1) 1

preface: I like McD

but.....

For someone who preaches DNA, accountability, process, etc etc.

It's the Bills who have had trouble tackling the past three years. It's the Bills who seem to get a bunch of penalties that other teams simply don't get called for as much. It's our players not maintaining their gaps. It's our receivers who seem to have more drops than anyone else. It's our team who seemingly can _never_ control the line of scrimmage. 

For all the process talk and "fundamentals", it seems like it's always those things that kill us. IMO

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Uh, no. We chalk it up to desperation time. What’s he supposed to do at that point? Throw it away and live for another day? They’re down 2 scores with a minute left.

It was 2nd down. He could've at least given some effort on that play. He looked like he was ready to get home. Not much of a "dog" there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I’m not worried about Allen. When he got the ball in the 4th quarter, the dog came out as usual. 5/5 and a score—just need a stop and he’d have his chance.

But don't you worry that two weeks in a row it has taken until the 4th quarter to play at that level? If he played that way all year we'd be 1-5. Can't wait for 4th quarter Josh Allen to show up against the Chiefs. I hate that the defense couldnt make one last stop to get him the ball but I'm also not going to rely on that every week.

Just now, HappyDays said:

But don't you worry that two weeks in a row it has taken until the 4th quarter to play at that level? If he played that way all year we'd be 1-5. Can't wait for 4th quarter Josh Allen to show up against the Chiefs. I hate that the defense couldnt make one last stop to get him the ball but I'm also not going to rely on that every week.

I really think he’s hurt.  The adrenaline kicks in during the fourth quarter and helps him fight through the shoulder pain.  He’s not able to bring his left arm in tight enough right now and it’s affecting his entire game.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The left shoulder is preventing Josh from driving through his throws.  That’s my theory.

I'm crossing my fingers this is the problem. If it lingers all year that is our season down the drain though. But I don't know how else to explain him going from extremely accurate for 4 games to regressing to 2018 accuracy so I'm hoping you're right.

Edited by HappyDays

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Uh, no. We chalk it up to desperation time. What’s he supposed to do at that point? Throw it away and live for another day? They’re down 2 scores with a minute left.

Whats crazy is a split second earlier on the almost forced football and I felt like the tide was turning.

12 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Is there any coincidence that we went 4-0 against garbage teams and then lost to two good ones? No? 

I agree.

The Bills offense actually did better than the 5-1 Ravens against that Chiefs defense. The Bills defense couldn't stop the Chiefs run game 46 attempts, 245 yards rushing. 

The Buffalo Bills biggest problem was the defense. Time of Possession 37:45 Chiefs-22:15 Bills