Biggest reason we lost today.

The Bills did not want tp get into a shootout with Mahomes at any cost.  They basically played prevent defense all game.  Even Mahomes said the Bills played to prevent the long ball all game.  So it appears the Bills were good with death by a 1000 cuts in willing to concede the running game in an effort to slow the Chiefs.  

It almost worked as we were in it at the end and showed some toughness at the very end.  I think they did this in Tennessee as well.  This is why the Chiefs ran wild and convert so may 3rd downs.  

But this has to be a morale killer to a proud defense, to give up so much yardage willingly and is it sustainable? 

Make no mistake, Allen was horrible.

His very first pass of the day was off and set the tone.

He misses a wide open Diggs, wide open Singletary, and Beasley on the 3&4 slant which would’ve been a huge conversion.

Our conservative timid no balls HC combined with Allen lost this game for us.

11 hours ago, beavis said:

Allen's left shoulder is messed up from the Raiders game. A few throws he screamed when he made them.

Not buying that. If so, McDermott and Daboll should be canned right now for calling designed runs for him.

We should have went for 2 to make it a 5 point game, 23-18.  

My thought process:  The thought of us scoring to make it 23-17, kicking off, stopping them before field goal range (and with time left), then driving down the field for a TD all seemed less probable (the stopping KC part),

I thought KC would AT LEAST get a field goal with 5 minutes left or whatever it was (or drain the whole clock). So if we score and go for two, to make it 23-18, we can survive a KC field goal, being down 8 (26-18) with at least a chance.

(this obviously isnt the reason we lost... I just thought in the moment we should've went for 2)

Edited by Nineforty
typo
  • Like (+1) 2