Biggest reason we lost today.

I went into todays game with the expectation that we would lose, but how we lost is what bothers me most.

I know that they rushed for over 200yds, and we can easily point to that, but the reason we lost is because we played scared.

The champs were in town, and you can see how tight they were, and it started from the top down. Already down multiple scores they had plenty of time to run a play, and they let the 3rd quarter expire. That showed me all I needed to know about they're mentality going in.

That trickled all the way down, starting with Josh Allen. This was 2018 Josh Allen. He was off all night, not even close on most of his incompletions.

Obviously I blame coaching 1st. They played coverage all night which is what you have to do against Mahommes, and its probably the only smart thing they did today. But once again, they could not execute outside contain. It killed them both in the run, and with Mahommes extending plays outside the pocket. We had those same issues against Tannehill last week.  Beyond frustrated. I think what's even more amazing about that, is that they equally gashed us up the middle.

Again, its a timid, scared style of football that lost us the game. We only showed some bite, when it was too late. Where was that aggression the first 52 min of the game. Even still, we couldn't stop them due to stupid mental collapses. 2 personal fouls, and poor zone coverage multiple times on that last drive. It led to 2 key 3rd down conversions, game over. 

Now that we played the best, I hope they never played that scared again.

Thanks for letting me vent, it does help.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Allen's left shoulder is messed up from the Raiders game. A few throws he screamed when he made them.

8 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Again, its a timid, scared style of football that lost us the game. We only showed some bite, when it was too late. Where was that aggression the first 52 min of the game. Even still, we couldn't stop them due to stupid mental collapses. 2 personal fouls, and poor zone coverage multiple times on that last drive. It led to 2 key 3rd down conversions, game over.

Last year it was all bend don't break. Get the short field and an opportune turnover or penalty. Allen's on target, the Bills have the lead, no rush game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

He's Mitch Trubisky

I don't think he's Trubisky, but I am certainly concerned. The Tenn game was more about the def, Josh had a bad pass at the end, but overall had an at least solid game.

Today was horrendous, and he looked like the scared guy from the 1st half of 2019. He's young and hopefully grows from this, but Frazier and McDermott are running out of excuses. Also questioning Beane. Besides Allen, who we are now a little concerned about, what impact player has he drafted?

I was watching SF last night and they are loaded with young talent on both sides of the ball. I don't see that on the Bills. Most of the key pieces were FA signings. The entire offense except for Allen. Tre Day and Milano were drafted before Beane got here. Poyer and Hyde were FA signings. Where. Is Hyde by the way, he's been invisible thus far.

• Like (+1) 1

Last week we had trouble containing the edge and Tannehill made some plays getting outside on 3rd down.

Same thing happened with Mahomes. The Raiders changed things up at times and spy’d Mahomes and rushed 3. Mahomes’ pocket awareness is high. Rushing 4 is not enough and if you rush 5 he’ll find the open guy. I think our defense was just too predictable and he just sidestepped the pressure.... not to mention stopping the run was impossible. But giving up all those 3rd downs killed us....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It’s all about 3rd down defense... plain and simple.  The Bills lost because they couldn’t get KC off the field.  Same as the game versus Tennessee 

At the end that was true, but must of the game they gashed us on early downs, and rarely was it 3rd and long.

I have always hated playing not to lose.

In 2017 when it yielded upset wins in Atlanta and KC this board was flooded by people calling this same brand of football "exciting".............to me it was unwatchable.

It's discouraging that they still had to resort to that gameplan in year 4.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

At the end that was true, but must of the game they gashed us on early downs, and rarely was it 3rd and long.

Ok but KC was 9/14 on 3rd down which is a ridiculously high percentage.  If the Bills made a few stops, this could be a different game.  Same with Tennessee 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, beavis said:

He was screaming when he threw the ball. The Beasley TD drive in the 4th.

A few of us in this forum think he's hurt as well.  You could see him wince as he tried to brace with his left arm as he was going down. 

Is it that teams are playing to stop longer completions, will give up dink and dunk stuff, but they know Allen won't take those throws often enough.  Easy solution would be to run the ball but with limited success there to, makes it easy to stop.

Am wondering if return of Feleciano will turn run game around?  Who knows if Fors injury is anything serious we may be back to Spain and Feleciano at guard again like last year.