People need to check themselves

Watkins90

10 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Go ask Bengals fans what they thought about Marvin Lewis 

McD was a great coach to get us over that hump but he will never take us deep into the playoffs or win a SB. He just isn't at that level. years of mediocrity have blinded bills fans into believing he is a top tier HC. 

I don't know how you know that -- maybe its the years of mediocrity that have you missing the forest for the trees.

Let's face it -- this team wasn't going 16-0 or 15-1 -- we lost to inarguably the top two teams in the AFC under some literally unprecedented circumstances. This is a staff that has completely rebuilt the team in three years and given me the only two playoff appearances of my adult life. It doesn't mean I'm not worried about our defense and consistency on offense, but we're 4-2 and they've earned at the VERY LEAST the rest of the season before jumping to judgement about the future of the staff.

Ok, I’ll check myself. Lets do some checking shall we?

1. Never beat the Pats

2. Hasn’t won a playoff game 

3. punted in OT against colts to play for tie

4. Conservative as hell and a terrible in game coach 

5. defensive guru yet defense is the worst it’s been despite significant capital devoted to that side of ball.

6. NOT ONE SIGNATURE WIN IN 4 YEARS

7. Opposing teams have rushed for over 200+ yards 3 times on him 

Lets build a statue of the guy!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

It took Andy Reid 20 years to win a Super Bowl. 20 YEARS and he is one of the better coaches in the NFL. I think people underestimate just how hard it is to win in the NFL.

Reid went to 5 NFC championships in Philly and 1 SB. McD can't even win a big game when it matters. We aren't even asking for much. We didn't beat a single good team last season on our way to 10 wins and barely got by some of the terrible teams like the Bengals. 

massive difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

4-2 and still tops in the AFCE. However keep playing uninspired and unprepared football and that division lead will quickly go away. 

and you don’t win the Division McD eyes turn to you. 

Thank you for summing it up. It's exactly it. I think we underestimated the emotional charge that Shaq and Phillips added to our D. Except Norman who's far from the ball, we have a bunch of quiet nice guys on D.

Just now, Penfield45 said:

Reid went to 5 NFC championships in Philly and 1 SB. McD can't even win a big game when it matters. We aren't even asking for much. We didn't beat a single good team last season on our way to 10 wins and barely got by some of the terrible teams like the Bengals. 

massive difference. 

Titans?

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I would have taken 4-2 at the start of the season...

But now after seeing the games , the play of the D in particular is concerning me, and after 6 weeks of it I'm now hoping rather an expecting that they can turn it around..

Play of the D concerning...against the best team in NFL.

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I would have taken 4-2 at the start of the season...

But now after seeing the games , the play of the D in particular is concerning me, and after 6 weeks of it I'm now hoping rather an expecting that they can turn it around..

Unfortunately, it seems like a tall task for them to figure it out.  This D, along with Allen's regression and poor offensive playcalling lately will likely be our undoing.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

massive difference. 

You know, as Webster native, I have always hated people from Penfield. 

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

Play of the D concerning...against the best team in NFL.

What about against the Titans?  And the Dolphins (remember we had to actually come back to win that game), and the Rams (remember we gave up 29 straight)?  Where do those teams rank, if the Chiefs are the best in the NFL, it should be concerning that the majority of the teams we have played thus far are also scoring at will on us.

11 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Before Sean McDermott, this team hadn't made the playoffs in 17 years. We were the butt of the NFL for, forever. 

McDermott has gotten us to the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years. Think about that, we went 17 years without a playoff appearance and now we have been there two out of the last 3 years. 

I don't get the hate for McDermott, he has simply gotten the job done. He has gotten us what we all wanted, a chance at the Super Bowl. You can't get a chance if you don't make the playoffs. Beane and McDermott reset this team, and are now building it to compete each and every year. Now, it's about building on last year's playoff appearance and turning it into a playoff win and then eventually a Super Bowl. I think some here forget how bad it was here for 17 years. 

Let's cool the fire everyone takes. Lets see where this team is after the Patriots game. 

Ok, I get pumping the brakes on the doom and gloom, but let’s not overstate things either. We’ve made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons BUT WE HAVE NOT HAD A REAL CHANCE AT MAKING A SUPER BOWL YET.  We lost both playoff games we’ve been in.  We got taken to the woodshed in the first one, then lost in OT to a team that KC crushed in the following round.  We weren’t close. 

Now that doesn’t mean that McD and Beane haven’t improved this team vastly.  They have.  But this team isn’t an elite one yet.  The 4-0 record we had as of a couple weeks ago set some lofty expectations because it looked like we might have arrived.  Obviously we haven’t yet.  What’s really concerning is why.  The defense looks bad - and that’s enormously problematic.  We have spent large on it and defense is supposed to be McD’s forte.  Failure on that front deserves some major explanation by both him and Beane.

On offense the WR corps has been great, pass blocking has been great and Allen has been up and down. But the run blocking and the run game in general has been really bad.  If we are topping out at being a “bottom rung playoff team” would anyone be happy with that?  It’s fair to ask why so many facets of the team are breaking down.  It’s also fair to ask what the plan will be once Allen is off his rookie contract and we have $30M or so less to spend. 

9 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I'm not that upset. I didn't think the Bills would beat KC so I was just hoping the team didn't get blown out and they show they could put up a fight. 

I wasn't thinking world beaters because of the hot start because the defense kept everyone we played in the games when it could of been domination. 

I'm leaning twords this not being the year the team makes it to the big show for sure. 

Yeah that’s a safe bet considering there are at least four teams better at a minimum than the Bills in the AFC 

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

What about against the Titans?  And the Dolphins (remember we had to actually come back to win that game), and the Rams (remember we gave up 29 straight)?  Where do those teams rank, if the Chiefs are the best in the NFL, it should be concerning that the majority of the teams we have played thus far are also scoring at will on us.

They are all good. Phins have put up a lot of points. This defensive problem is all over the NFL. Very few defenses dominating.

Frankly, im more worried about the little,breakdowns...like the Tre and Poyer out of bounds dumb penalties.

4 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

They are all good. Phins have put up a lot of points. This defensive problem is all over the NFL. Very few defenses dominating.

Frankly, im more worried about the little,breakdowns...like the Tre and Poyer out of bounds dumb penalties.

Those were certainly alarming...but be real...the overly concerning issue isn't personal fouls overall...its the fact that this D cannot stop anyone consistently (3rd down D is atrocious).  We have literally no shot against even middling teams unless our O is lights out...which they apparently can't do anymore.  On O we can't run or pass anymore.  Couple that with our god awful D, we are in serious trouble.  Its fun to look at 4-2 and be happy but there are some serious bruisers on our schedule and these last two weeks have been terrifying when thinking of the upcoming gauntlet.

Edited by Johnnycage46