Simple Post game take

cgg716

This defense, even in its better years under McD was always a little overrated. The scheme is very simple, very plain. It can work with great players, but injuries haven’t helped this year. Truthfully though, they could never adjust against good offenses, even at their best... so 2 things that could be done right now in the hopes of subtle improvement.

1. Fire Fraiser

2. Move Edmunds outside... or bench him

2 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

This defense, even in its better years under McD was always a little overrated. The scheme is very simple, very plain. It can work with great players, but injuries haven’t helped this year. Truthfully though, they could never adjust against good offenses, even at their best... so 2 things that could be done right now in the hopes of subtle improvement.

1. Fire Fraiser

1. What would firing Frazier do other than deep-six this season? If he needs to be replaced, do it at the end of the year.

2. Moving Edmunds now with no replacement will just further kill the defense. Again, if he needs to be moved, do it in the offseason and pickup a better alternative.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Lost to the Super Bowl champs that people talked about going 16-0 this year....FIRE EVERYONE!

Dude this season stinks like the ones we started 5-2 and 4-0 only to finish 8-8 or worse and out of the playoffs. Team did almost nothing today on both sides of the ball

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Frazier can coach a defense. 

Been saying it since day 1, people underestimated Star's importance to this line, and our defensive draft picks haven't panned out.

"Can" or "Can't" ???

Relax.  The Bills were protecting the deep ball and sacrificed the run.  It burned them.  Not having Milano out there did not help.  Klein played like Coach Klein. 

P.S. - Chiefs are the defending World Champions.  Don't jump.  We need to win the division and then make a run.  It can happen. 

2 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

1. What would firing Frazier do other than deep-six this season? If he needs to be replaced, do it at the end of the year.

2. Moving Edmunds now with no replacement will just further kill the defense. Again, if he needs to be moved, do it in the offseason and pickup a better alternative.

He is constantly out of position, and it isn’t a new issue, continuing to allow it is self defeating... and I don’t think you can make a reasonable argument the D could be worse without Fraiser, changing a dreadful unit can’t deep six anything 

This was a total team loss.  The D sucked, the O sucked,  Bass missed a FG badly,  the coaching sucked. 

KC fans should be pissed.  They let the Bills hang around by running so much.  They coulda been up huge had they chosen to throw more.

Just now, Ray Finkel said:

Missing Jordan Phillips also.

I know they are missing players but even in there best years, at full health they get consistently out adjusted.. I also don’t buy into looking at today’s score as a plus. KC mauled us, just did so methodically 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

1. Fire Fraiser

End of the day you will not win in this league unless you have play makers,  i think we have a few on the offensive side of the ball but at this point this team has no play makers on defensive side of the ball.  We cannot get sacks, turnovers or interceptions and your not going beat good teams allowing to march up and down the field.   Beanne has wasted good money in free agency on average role players,  rather than spend the bucks to sign at least one guy who can make you plays on that side of the ball..  What scares me even more is some of these guys on this current defense are up for contract extension and once you starting signing average talent to big contracts you become one of those treadmill teams 8-8 or 9-7.   People need to stop making up excuses,  this defense has been terrible all season and i just don't see any hope.  Like did Jerry Hughes even play tonight?

Just have to get hot at the right time. 
We were never going 13-3 or 14-2 like some acted after the first couple games. 
Defenses are taking some time to gel this year, we may not be elite but I do think they’ll play better as the year goes on. 

27 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Frazier can coach a defense. 

Been saying it since day 1, people underestimated Star's importance to this line, and our defensive draft picks haven't panned out.

CAN he though?  Seems maybe he can't.  This defense is so mentally weak, outmatched, and just porous every game this year.  Our O couple with mostly mid-level teams early on bailed out the team.  We're seeing now what happens when we play good teams.  Same as last year...Ravens, Pats X2...kept it close-ish but just no resolve at the end.

24 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

I know they are missing players but even in there best years, at full health they get consistently out adjusted.. I also don’t buy into looking at today’s score as a plus. KC mauled us, just did so methodically 

So true!

28 minutes ago, QCity said:

They are one P.I. call away from being .500

They are one drop by the Dolphins & Fitz  in the endzonefrom being below .500