7 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

WEEK FIVE: B-

WEEK SIX: D

14/27 - 52% completion -  122 yards 2 TD - 1 INT - 8 rushes for 42 yards

Let's start with the good. Josh led a 6 play - 75 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter to put us within 6. That drive he was poised, confident, and accurate. It was one of those drives where Bills fans all probably stated out loud "why can't we just do that every drive?" - well... we didn't.

Now to the bad. A few panic moments emerged out of Josh again that reminded me of his rookie/sophomore year. The 4th down attempted QB sneak where he tried to rush everyone to the line of scrimmage was one that stuck out to me, you could tell it was a rogue call and luckily we got bailed out with a penalty. A second one was the missed oppurtunity to a wide open Diggs for a TD. Plays like that would have put pressure on the defense to respect the deep pass and opened up more stuff underneath for others. Lastly, John Brown ended the game with 0 catches. Granted he drew tons of penalties, we have to find a way to involve him more.

The ugly. The weather was bad, sure, but we are at home so not sure how much we want to weigh in something like that in regards to how inaccurate Josh was today. Against the Titans our first pass bounced off Roberts for a INT, and today it was just a blown pass to Beasley that seemed to set the tone for the entire half. Allen simply could not hit receivers in stride today and just overall had a really bad game. The last pass of the game was the icing on the cake to just a terrible day.

Glass half full: He never gives up. Ran for tons of first downs and refuses to lose. Even in my early season predictions I had us at 4-2 at the point so really it's not the end of the world. We get the Jets next week and have a chance to get everything rolling again.

GO BILLS!

I was curious how this thread would grade JA this week. We are about a third of letter grade off from each other, which is normal. I think there is a strong argument to give an F, but not necessary to quibble.  

To the bolded, I thought about this in the first quarter when Mahomes let a pass or two get away. Then he completed about 80% of his passes for the game and that narrative became absolutely irrelevant/not reality. When the guy across from you is completing 80% of his passes and you are completing 42% with 9 minutes left in the game, it’s 0.00% a weather issue. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen is back to his baseline IMO. The first 4 games were an aberration.

He will finish the season closer to 58% completion.

D

He definitely won’t be a 75% guy suddenly. Where the final number lands is anyone’s guess. Probably low-mid 60s

D in the 1st Half

C- in the 2nd Half

for a D+ Overall

One thing Daboll needs to make sure of is Allen having early success in the game as it seems to reverberate for the rest of the game. The 1st Drive was Allen failing then making a great throw to Brown who missed it completely. He catches that, who knows if that fixes the jitters. 

Allen wasn't putting the touch on the long ball like he did in the 1st 4 games; perhaps due to the rain?

He had one great drive however which was awesome. That throw to Diggs in the endzone was also spot on by both parties.

I do honestly feel our defense's inability to stop opponents is psychologically effecting Allen into playing more hero ball as he feels the pressure to win games by his arm alone.

Could his non-throwing shoulder be effecting some of his accuracy somehow? 

B-/C+. 

Not as bad as the stat line.  He did miss a few early passes as well as one to Cole Beasley in the third quarter that was particularly ugly,   but the Bills WRs dropped a few early,  too,   and the Chiefs D broke up a couple of deep throws in the endzone that were on the money and should have been TDs.  I don't care about the desperation time INT at the end.  Mix in bad weather and a relentless Chiefs pass rush and I don't think this game was as bad as it seemed for Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

C- is slightly below average.

If that's a slightly below average performance by Allen I don't know what to say.

He didn't make any hero plays. He didn't turn the ball over when game counted. He had little helping from the running game outside his legs. Can he be better yes? Can he be worse. Oh yeah he can by a large margin. So soon we forget Nate Peterman vs San Diego is an F at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

He didn't make any hero plays. He didn't turn the ball over when game counted. He had little helping from the running game outside his legs. Can he be better yes? Can he be worse. Oh yeah he can by a large margin. So soon we forget Nate Peterman vs San Diego is an F at QB.

So Nate Peterman is the Standard?

Cripes.

I'm glad we expect so much out of our franchise guy.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Not his best game. But once they took the handcuffs off him 5/5 and a 2min TD. This gameplan was a very scared gameplan. 

also Singletary needs to be better same with Moss. Cannot continue going against light Boxes and get 3 yards. They BOTH missed holes routinely tonight. 

our RB and run blocking are awful.  

7 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen is back to his baseline IMO. The first 4 games were an aberration.

He will finish the season closer to 58% completion.

D

I was hoping last week was his new floor. But here we are. If Allen averages the year at 58% we are in for a bunch more clunkers since he has 4 games at 70+% working that average up. 

Let’s all hope this is not the case. 

This was the worst game we've seen from allen in a while. No way to sugarcoat or deny it, he's regressing badly and if he doesn't turn it around fast we are in trouble after the Jets game.

In a year where there is 100 points being scored in every game we put up 16 and 17 against the Titans/Cheifs the last two weeks. Inexcusable.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Because if your being fair about it.......people try to give him B's for his A games........

I call this a C.....not a plus or a minus C....just a flat friggen C

A "C"?  Come on.  He had barely 150 yards passing (in an entire NFL game...in 2020), struggled mightily to move the ball early to mid-game when our D was actually keeping us in the game.  Allen has seemed to regress and is so spotty and frantic/shy.  I think he is rattled at this point.  He gets a good "rebound" game against the Jets this week, but that is what this team is...beat the garbage teams, hang with the OK teams, and get spanked by the very good teams.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

B-/C+. 

Not as bad as the stat line.  He did miss a few early passes as well as one to Cole Beasley in the third quarter that was particularly ugly,   but the Bills WRs dropped a few early,  too,   and the Chiefs D broke up a couple of deep throws in the endzone that were on the money and should have been TDs.  I don't care about the desperation time INT at the end.  Mix in bad weather and a relentless Chiefs pass rush and I don't think this game was as bad as it seemed for Allen. 

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Because if your being fair about it.......people try to give him B's for his A games........

I call this a C.....not a plus or a minus C....just a flat friggen C

Our WR’s are Diggs, Brown, and Beasley and with 9 minutes left he was 9/21 for 66 yards, and people are trying to say this was a C or B- performance. 

2020 is a wild year man. 

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

A "C"?  Come on.  He had barely 150 yards passing (in an entire NFL game...in 2020), struggled mightily to move the ball early to mid-game when our D was actually keeping us in the game.  Allen has seemed to regress and is so spotty and frantic/shy.  I think he is rattled at this point.  He gets a good "rebound" game against the Jets this week, but that is what this team is...beat the garbage teams, hang with the OK teams, and get spanked by the very good teams.

Yes because passing yards are the sole reason for determining QB play.....we seem to have gone over this already

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Tom Brady passed for 166 yesterday, should we give him a D for his performance?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Yes because passing yards are the sole reason for determining QB play.....we seem to have gone over this already

You are right.  Passing yards are not the sole reason for determining QB play.  How about:

4.5 yards per attempt;

73.4 rating; and

52% completion percentage

He is regressing to his floor, which is troubling.  Believe it, or don't, but the book this year is out on Allen and you can bet your bottom dollar D coordinators are going to mimic last week and this week and we are in trouble. 

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

Our WR’s are Diggs, Brown, and Beasley and with 9 minutes left he was 9/21 for 66 yards, and people are trying to say this was a C or B- performance. 

2020 is a wild year man. 

Its an ugly stat line,  I agree,  but I don't think the stat line tells the full story.  We're probably having a much different conversation if Brown and Diggs had made those 1st half catches in the endzone that hit them in the hands.  I'm not saying that's all their fault,  the Chiefs DBs were all over them,  but I'm not going to pretend that Allen didn't give them a chance to make those plays.  

Edited by Brandon
  • Like (+1) 2