Josh Allen - week SIX report card

rayray808

16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Its an ugly stat line,  I agree,  but I don't think the stat line tells the full story.  We're probably having a much different conversation if Brown and Diggs had made those 1st half catches in the endzone that hit them in the hands.  

On top of that they had a number of pas interference calls that took away some possible completions and definitely some yards. Kept the drives alive but gets you no stats.   Their CBs manhandled our WRs. The refs probably could of threw a few more flags on them. 

Years ago I remember Richard Sherman say they use to play over aggressive knowing the refs don’t want to throw flags on every play. That’s what the Chiefs DBs reminded me of tonight. 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

He also has a brain, lungs, spleen, kidneys, etc., etc.  But he has seriously regressed.  He doesn't seem to be comfortable the last 2 weeks.  Could be we played good teams.  We might have a front runner "franchise QB".

The third down pass on the first drive  hit John Brown in the helmet Josh wasn’t great but neither where his receivers 

45 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He didn't make any hero plays. He didn't turn the ball over when game counted. He had little helping from the running game outside his legs. Can he be better yes? Can he be worse. Oh yeah he can by a large margin. So soon we forget Nate Peterman vs San Diego is an F at QB.

Nate be Chargers was not an F. It was a Z

1 hour ago, 716er said:

D

He wasn’t the reason the Bills lost, but if Allen was what we want him to be he would have been the reason the Bills won. He left way too many plays on the field - specifically the Beasley slant over the middle on 3rd down. That 3 and out ***** the Bills.

He was a giant part of why we lost!

This board is focused on the D.  They've been lousy the whole season! 

What changed the last 2 games?  The offense, and Allen in particular.

If he plays like he did in the earlier games we might have won today against the Chiefs.

We won't be anyone, including the Jets next week, with a similar performance from Allen.

2 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

You are right.  Passing yards are not the sole reason for determining QB play.  How about:

4.5 yards per attempt;

73.4 rating; and

52% completion percentage

He is regressing to his floor, which is troubling.  Believe it, or don't, but the book this year is out on Allen and you can bet your bottom dollar D coordinators are going to mimic last week and this week and we are in trouble. 

He will learn to beat this.

Was Allen bad? Yes. But can you say anyone on the team was good today? Not really. Besides Beasley and 1 Diggs catch, tell me who stood out to you as playing well, because I've got nothing. You can crap on Allen all you want,  but keep that same energy for the rest of the team. The Brown first drop was horrendous. Diggs probably needs to haul that perfect deep ball in. Plenty of blame to go around

What frustrated me was Josh wasn't stepping into his throws most of the game. I know he had issues with slipping, and that's why, but I was surprised he didn't underthrow one earlier than the INT.

I don't think Allen is 100% out there and it is true that he and Daboll are struggling to unravel the defenses being thrown at them.

Last week against the Titans they made almost as many yards as Tennesee, but it did not feel like it. Turnovers were key - 3 of them and the Titans scoring on every possession.

The field being tilted due to poor ST play made the game more lopsided than it should have been... either way, our offense was not prepared to march it down the field without a running game to speak of. Allen is not Brees in his prime living off of dump passes, he needs a complimentary running game to take some of the pressure off and stay out of the 3rd and forever situations.

Today he was not sharp either, but he also did not get a lot of time on the field to get into any kind of a rhythm. A lot of grief about the 4-1 keeper, but I feel like it was more indicative of the issue of a defender blowing by Ford untouched when Moss had an easy 3rd and 1 to pick up before that play. Ford blocks his guy we make the first down instead he lets the run blitz come free and doubles on the guy Dawkins had handled. I cannot believe how hard it is for this line to get into a defender and move him. Too many freaking ole' blocks out there for my taste - my patience with Ford groweth thin... and I know he is hurt and I don't wish him any ill.

TOP This week: KC: 37:45  Buf: 22:15

KC had possession of the ball for 2 quarters and 7:45 minutes

Buf had possession of the ball for 1 quarter and 7:15 min

The backhanded good news is we can put all that MVP talk for Allen behind us and he can just focus on getting healthy and putting up some better plays on the field. Daboll as an HC looks less like a going concern as well as his offenses have been punched in the nose two weeks running.

Edited by WideNine