rayray808

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

WEEK FIVE: B-

WEEK SIX: D

14/27 - 52% completion -  122 yards 2 TD - 1 INT - 8 rushes for 42 yards

Let's start with the good. Josh led a 6 play - 75 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter to put us within 6. That drive he was poised, confident, and accurate. It was one of those drives where Bills fans all probably stated out loud "why can't we just do that every drive?" - well... we didn't.

Now to the bad. A few panic moments emerged out of Josh again that reminded me of his rookie/sophomore year. The 4th down attempted QB sneak where he tried to rush everyone to the line of scrimmage was one that stuck out to me, you could tell it was a rogue call and luckily we got bailed out with a penalty. A second one was the missed oppurtunity to a wide open Diggs for a TD. Plays like that would have put pressure on the defense to respect the deep pass and opened up more stuff underneath for others. Lastly, John Brown ended the game with 0 catches. Granted he drew tons of penalties, we have to find a way to involve him more.

The ugly. The weather was bad, sure, but we are at home so not sure how much we want to weigh in something like that in regards to how inaccurate Josh was today. Against the Titans our first pass bounced off Roberts for a INT, and today it was just a blown pass to Beasley that seemed to set the tone for the entire half. Allen simply could not hit receivers in stride today and just overall had a really bad game. The last pass of the game was the icing on the cake to just a terrible day.

Glass half full: He never gives up. Ran for tons of first downs and refuses to lose. Even in my early season predictions I had us at 4-2 at the point so really it's not the end of the world. We get the Jets next week and have a chance to get everything rolling again.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 3

D

He wasn’t the reason the Bills lost, but if Allen was what we want him to be he would have been the reason the Bills won. He left way too many plays on the field - specifically the Beasley slant over the middle on 3rd down. That 3 and out ***** the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate saying this, but Josh came up really small.   His national reputation is back to being a guy that runs and can throw a bit, but no accuracy.  The offense rolls through Josh and he has regressed the past two weeks.  I'm wondering if he's nursing a shoulder injury from the Las Vegas game.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RiotAct said:

C-.  Lots of inaccurate throws and missed open receivers.   Did a nice job running the ball though... kid has heart.

He also has a brain, lungs, spleen, kidneys, etc., etc.  But he has seriously regressed.  He doesn't seem to be comfortable the last 2 weeks.  Could be we played good teams.  We might have a front runner "franchise QB".

D and I would say he was the primary reason we lost, unfortunately. Maybe the All-22 will show differently. We have good receivers and the Chiefs have poor CBs. He needed to hit some throws early, you can't get in a hole like that against KC. One very good drive saves it from an F performance. His worst game since the Patriots last year. The two game regression is extremely troubling. 

D

Really poor game.  Missed a ton of throws.  Early in the game he looked like a guy I don’t even recognize, reigned it in a bit and then missed a crucial would be first down to Beasley on a shallow cross.  

Provided fodder to anyone who doubts him, and there’s not much I can really say to counter them.  

Jets game doesn’t matter.  Literally could care less if he puts up numbers against them.  He needs to show up against New England. 

For perspective this is the type of game that in the past people would’ve said “but if you count his runs as completed passes” and “still more TDs than turnovers”

im glad the expectation has come up. I think we see a lot of good games from him this year. This one wasn’t particularly good. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

The INT was meaningless. I give him a C- as he was the best player on offense. Beasley/Diggs were second best. 

C- is slightly below average.

If that's a slightly below average performance by Allen I don't know what to say.

Not his best game. But once they took the handcuffs off him 5/5 and a 2min TD. This gameplan was a very scared gameplan. 

also Singletary needs to be better same with Moss. Cannot continue going against light Boxes and get 3 yards. They BOTH missed holes routinely tonight. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

WEEK FOUR: A-

WEEK FIVE: B-

WEEK SIX: D

14/27 - 52% completion -  122 yards 2 TD - 1 INT - 8 rushes for 42 yards

Let's start with the good. Josh led a 6 play - 75 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter to put us within 6. That drive he was poised, confident, and accurate. It was one of those drives where Bills fans all probably stated out loud "why can't we just do that every drive?" - well... we didn't.

Now to the bad. A few panic moments emerged out of Josh again that reminded me of his rookie/sophomore year. The 4th down attempted QB sneak where he tried to rush everyone to the line of scrimmage was one that stuck out to me, you could tell it was a rogue call and luckily we got bailed out with a penalty. A second one was the missed oppurtunity to a wide open Diggs for a TD. Plays like that would have put pressure on the defense to respect the deep pass and opened up more stuff underneath for others. Lastly, John Brown ended the game with 0 catches. Granted he drew tons of penalties, we have to find a way to involve him more.

The ugly. The weather was bad, sure, but we are at home so not sure how much we want to weigh in something like that in regards to how inaccurate Josh was today. Against the Titans our first pass bounced off Roberts for a INT, and today it was just a blown pass to Beasley that seemed to set the tone for the entire half. Allen simply could not hit receivers in stride today and just overall had a really bad game. The last pass of the game was the icing on the cake to just a terrible day.

Glass half full: He never gives up. Ran for tons of first downs and refuses to lose. Even in my early season predictions I had us at 4-2 at the point so really it's not the end of the world. We get the Jets next week and have a chance to get everything rolling again.

GO BILLS!

That hero ball bs on 4th down with the sneak was such a dumb decision. That was a lonnnng yard. 

• Like (+1) 1