Zimmer needs to replace Oliver in starting lineup

bills6969

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oliver is making me actually wish we had Quinnen Williams.  Kinda hard to do when he was long gone

Edmunds is useless.  Milano can’t stay healthy.  Edmunds is fine if he gets away from trying to cover for everyone and plays HIS position. Milano is glass and for how talented he is should not get paid the money he will look for. 

Hyde/Poyer have apparently aged 20 years. Didn’t like the Poyer extension. Hate it more now. 

Every CB not named White is a mess, and even White isn’t exactly lockdown.  CB2 and NB still problems 

A 2nd round pass rusher should not be having zero impact on the season six weeks in.  

Murphy, Hughes, Addison won’t seem to be missed if we move on from them this offseason.  

The interior of of DL are made up of toddlers. 

The DC is a joke.  

Other than that... good stuff!

Some comments in bold. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Some comments in bold. 

Agreed with most of it.  My comment about Quinnen over Oliver was due to many of us laughing at yet another meh Jets DT taken high.  

I know we couldn’t draft him. 

Oliver has been pretty meh though.  At least Quinnen has flashed a bit this year.  

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

Agreed with most of it.  My comment about Quinnen over Oliver was due to many of us laughing at yet another meh Jets DT taken high.  

Oliver has been pretty meh though.  At least Quinnen has flashed a bit this year.  

Oliver is too 10 in QB pressured. Oliver is NOT the problem on this DL. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Oliver might be one of the worst draft picks the last 20 years.

Remember all that tough talk from him about nobody can block him? It's actually true because you can't block someone that's tossed aside with no resistance play after play.

If I were Beane I'd try trading him to a 3-4 team where he can play end or fill a niche roll because he's definitely not an NFL caliber interior dlineman.

Cough JP Losman, Aaron Maybin, Ej Manuel, there is a ton of worse draft picks then Eddie 

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Oliver might be one of the worst draft picks the last 20 years.

Remember all that tough talk from him about nobody can block him? It's actually true because you can't block someone that's tossed aside with no resistance play after play.

If I were Beane I'd try trading him to a 3-4 team where he can play end or fill a niche roll because he's definitely not an NFL caliber interior dlineman.

How many 6'1 3-4 DE's are there? That's a position that requires length, something Oliver doesn't have.  He needs his elite quickness and burst to disrupt.  If his knee is banged up, it would greatly affect him.

14 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

How many 6'1 3-4 DE's are there? That's a position that requires length, something Oliver doesn't have.  He needs his elite quickness and burst to disrupt.  If his knee is banged up, it would greatly affect him.

Funny how elite quickness in college doesn't translate in the NFL. NFL offensive lineman are too good. Power at the point of attack is what is needed.

58 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Aaron Donald is 6'1"

• Like (+1) 1

Oliver is definitely going through a sophomore slump. I wouldn’t give up on him so soon though. Can’t really knock Addison for not getting enough sacks. For whatever reason, Frazier has him dropping back in coverage. Not sure why McDermott thought shades of Rex was gonna help this defense 

Edited by buffalo2218

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I remember watching that play and seeing Zimmer being mov

ed like I move my 5 year old.

Just falling down would have clogged the run lane better than he did. At least be a speed bump! 

Zimmer doesn’t have the protection of Children’s Social Services.

BTW - what’s your address again?  

BOTH of our lines need to be upgraded. That’s what is currently holding us back. A couple “special finds” and we could look like a totally different team on both sides of the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2