Zimmer needs to replace Oliver in starting lineup

bills6969

21 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Oliver might be one of the worst draft picks the last 20 years.

Remember all that tough talk from him about nobody can block him? It's actually true because you can't block someone that's tossed aside with no resistance play after play.

If I were Beane I'd try trading him to a 3-4 team where he can play end or fill a niche roll because he's definitely not an NFL caliber interior dlineman.

Oliver is not good, but I think you're redefining hyperbole if you think he's "one of the worst draft picks of the last 20 years"

He's not even in the top 3 worst 1rst round picks of the Bills in the last 20 years, let alone all teams.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2

I still believe in Beanie and McD, I feel like we can beat any team but we are 1 more year away from truly  breaking through into Top 5 status. 

The main thing that I’m watching right now is Frazier, his play calling has been pretty bad. I think he is a great positional coach, mainly with the secondary. I am starting to feel like he is being out coached and his play calling is now being spotlighted because of the top tier offenses that we are playing this year.

If we could sign a NT and play a base 3-4 I wonder what it would look like. I would probably have Edmunds and Milano as my ILB’s with Hughes at ROLB and Dodson at LOLB. Get Epenesa back to 280 at RE and Oliver at LE. Obviously this would be for 2021 but I would love to try and copy what the Bucs are doing. The Bucs have guys blitzing from all over the place and confuse the hell out of the opposing offenses. I feel like Epenesa game is more power based, I would like to see him at 280lbs. I see him getting pushed around at 260

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/19/2020 at 8:14 PM, Blainorama5 said:

Addison and Jefferson have flashed a few times, but mostly they just get handled pretty easily.  Guess Phillips made a bigger impact last year than I thought.

I knew it was a mistake then and unfortunately still is . Losing him , star and Liuget was a loss of 3 - 350  pound lineman which just cant be replaced with smaller "more talented" players.

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If we could sign a NT and play a base 3-4 I wonder what it would look like. I would probably have Edmunds and Milano as my ILB’s with Hughes at ROLB and Dodson at LOLB. Get Epenesa back to 280 at RE and Oliver at LE. Obviously this would be for 2021 but I would love to try and copy what the Bucs are doing. The Bucs have guys blitzing from all over the place and confuse the hell out of the opposing offenses. I feel like Epenesa game is more power based, I would like to see him at 280lbs. I see him getting pushed around at 260

Love the 34 but just dont see it here. We just need big DTs and Ends in the 275 range and we would be fine, kind of like the previous 3years. Blitzing would also be nice , this over conservative zone  sucks when you dont have the horses up front. We could use some Jim Schwartz aggressiveness right now, he literally transformed our defense from a joke to terrorists in one year with the same guys.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I knew it was a mistake then and unfortunately still is . Losing him , star and Liuget was a loss of 3 - 350  pound lineman which just cant be replaced with smaller "more talented" players.

Phillips was a penetrating beast but just terrible against the run other than that occasional TFL.

They tried to put him at 1T but he never played with much balance and he just couldn't do it.......he immediately gave up his shoulder and got washed whichever way the OG wanted him to go.

Liuget was more of a 280-290# guy and also pathetic against the run so your memory is off there.   

Star was a net loss against the run as well and whatever they lose in size with him they got back in the 340# Vernon Butler.

Their two best run defenders at DT last year were Oliver and Harrison Phillips.

They are both back but neither is at full strength.   

People forget that this team has been totally trampled in the run game at times in every season since McD has been here.   

Remember Philadelphia coming into Buffalo and throwing up 200 on the ground last year?  

And it was the inability to stop the Texans run game that sparked their comeback in the playoff game. 

At least the poor run defense yesterday had the excuse of being because of 6 man boxes all night.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Love the 34 but just dont see it here. We just need big DTs and Ends in the 275 range and we would be fine, kind of like the previous 3years. Blitzing would also be nice , this over conservative zone  sucks when you dont have the horses up front. We could use some Jim Schwartz aggressiveness right now, he literally transformed our defense from a joke to terrorists in one year with the same guys.

I would say the D-Line is going to be overhauled to some extent in 2021. I think the transition to a 3-4 would be a good idea but we would need a new DC for that. Dan Quinn is a guy I would keep a eye on. He is probably going back to being a DC and someone I would throw money at. Quinn was one of those guys who is a great DC but not so good as a HC. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would say the D-Line is going to be overhauled to some extent in 2021. I think the transition to a 3-4 would be a good idea but we would need a new DC for that. Dan Quinn is a guy I would keep a eye on. He is probably going back to being a DC and someone I would throw money at. Quinn was one of those guys who is a great DC but not so good as a HC. 

Noo... Dan Quinn is hot garbage. He runs zone usually cover 3. Atlanta defense was so happy to get rid of him. I'd rather keep Frazier as dc rather than downgrade...

Also my brother is a falcons fans he just cancelled his season tickets before Quinn was fired. My brother who is not a football guru could call what defense atl was playing as soon as they broke the huddle. That's on Quinn

aside from just perhaps not being talented enough (which would come down to guys being hurt, getting a bit older, and phillips and shak being replaced by lesser and not cheaper nor younger players, *gulp*) i think we have a scheme problem up front.

the stunts and games our DL have been playing didn't seem to work and the 3/5s back up linemen on the KC Oline seemed to know where they would be just about every play.  

to a decent extent being a DC in the NFL is playing rock paper scissors, we showed scissors every single snap, and the O called rock and smashed us.  at some point, you HAVE to pull some tricks and make them guess wrongly.  we did that pretty well last year.

1 hour ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

Noo... Dan Quinn is hot garbage. He runs zone usually cover 3. Atlanta defense was so happy to get rid of him. I'd rather keep Frazier as dc rather than downgrade...

Also my brother is a falcons fans he just cancelled his season tickets before Quinn was fired. My brother who is not a football guru could call what defense atl was playing as soon as they broke the huddle. That's on Quinn

The Falcons defense is so devoid of talent that not even the ghost of Buddy Ryan would be able to get them to play. When Quinn was in Seattle he had elite talent to work with and fielded some of the top defenses in the NFL. I guarantee when Quinn goes back to focusing on just being a DC he will once again field a top 10 defensive unit.

20 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So now on the bust list are:

Cody Ford 

Ed Oliver

Tremaind Edmunds 

of course Josh

I guess in a few Weeks it’ll be Tre white. May as well add Milano as he never gets on the field.

at this point, hmm who is actually good. Is Diggs, or is he just a overpaid diva. 

great sarcasm :) i love it.........

some may not get it thought :)

• Like (+1) 1