Zimmer needs to replace Oliver in starting lineup

bills6969

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Just falling down would have clogged the run lane better than he did. At least be a speed bump! 

Zimmer doesn’t have the protection of Children’s Social Services.

BTW - what’s your address again?  

BOTH of our lines need to be upgraded. That’s what is currently holding us back. A couple “special finds” and we could look like a totally different team on both sides of the ball. 

I think getting Feliciano back will help the offense.  I don't think we have anyone on this team...that hasn't opted out that can help this d line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

2nd week in a row Hughes played a 2nd string tackle filling in and hasn’t gotten home. 

He’s done even worse than that.  He constantly lets the QB get around the end on his side to create big plays.  That’s exactly what happened on the last 3d and long tonight, when the secondary did its job.  And repeatedly last week when Tannehill killed they running.

Hughes is useless, a liability on the field.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

2nd week in a row Hughes played a 2nd string tackle filling in and hasn’t gotten home. 

I really don’t no why this is a surprise Hughes is in his 11 year his been in decline only HOF ball for 11 or 12 years and on. We should of been replaced him 

2 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

I think the issue is we have a front four that specializes in getting after the qb and they aren’t doing that well. 

when we showed a backbone vs the run game did anyone notice it was the entire second string along the front 

Yep. And Klien made some nice stops later in the game when the DL and LBs stopped just batting at the ball as guys blew by them and remembered the concept of the 1st guy wraps up and the rest swarm there in a hurry to gang tackle.

When that offensive player is wrapped up and stood up and is fighting for extra yards, that's when that second wave of defenders can come in and punch at the ball.

One silver lining to your starters being injured or sucking, is that other guys on the roster get a chance to fill in and maybe you find a few gems buried on your depth chart.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Oliver might be one of the worst draft picks the last 20 years.

Remember all that tough talk from him about nobody can block him? It's actually true because you can't block someone that's tossed aside with no resistance play after play.

If I were Beane I'd try trading him to a 3-4 team where he can play end or fill a niche roll because he's definitely not an NFL caliber interior dlineman.

You never saw Aaron Maybin "play" did you?  Dude got tossed around like a ragdoll. But to you point, Oliver's not big enough to be effective. 

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Oliver might be one of the worst draft picks the last 20 years.

Remember all that tough talk from him about nobody can block him? It's actually true because you can't block someone that's tossed aside with no resistance play after play.

If I were Beane I'd try trading him to a 3-4 team where he can play end or fill a niche roll because he's definitely not an NFL caliber interior dlineman.

100% agreed.

Oliver sucks. 

I pounded the table for Jeff Simmons that night.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's this too

I *think* we would have had a little less pressure on Mahomes and some better run D from Phillips and from Murphy.

I can't tell you what the net result of that would have been - giving Mahomes more time is never a good idea.

surely we have the worst dline in the league? 

I mean that’s embarrassing right there. score line did us a huge favor we got absolutely demolished by the chiefs 

5 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

I think the issue is we have a front four that specializes in getting after the qb and they aren’t doing that well. 

when we showed a backbone vs the run game did anyone notice it was the entire second string along the front 

I actually told my friend when we got that 3rd down stop it was backups. I found that interesting. 

I really feel it sucks that against the top team in the league we decide to "try some guys out because they looked good in practice" why does McDermott have a propensity to tinker during the regular season. He did it with his O line a few years ago. Shouldn't that "best 5" be cemented in by week 6? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, bills6969 said:

In Zimmer’s short time on the field, he had 3 more tackles and 1 TFL. Oliver is a waste of space and frankly, is looking like a bust.

YES. 

6 hours ago, McBean said:

100% agreed.

Oliver sucks. 

I pounded the table for Jeff Simmons that night.

Warms my heart.

I'm dunking all over the Oliver fan club this year.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

YES. 

Warms my heart.

I'm dunking all over the Oliver fan club this year.

Even when Oliver flushes the QB nobody cleans it up. He gets penetration and they can just side step because nobody else has the ability to collapse a pocket. There are a ton of problems on this line. Aren't you normally a stats doesn't tell the story kind of guy? 

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Even when Oliver flushes the QB nobody cleans it up. He gets penetration and they can just side step because nobody else has the ability to collapse a pocket. There are a ton of problems on this line. Aren't you normally a stats doesn't tell the story kind of guy? 

Normally. But I'm not a fan of undersized DTs and I don't believe it's a position that should be taken in the first round, ever.