Sean McDermott-Overrated

McBean

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

McD threw two DL regulars under the bus to show it can be done as well with players of no notoriety.

He was wrong. Good Luck with commanding respect in the locker room with that stunt.

Those DL regulars sucked ass and hopefully this lit a fire under them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

The league jerked the entire team around and handed almost no discipline to a team that didn't take COVID seriously.  That game should have never been played.  The Titans started preparing for the Bills as soon as the Pitt game was rescheduled.  They practiced in secret.  The only team that carried any extra burden was the Bills.

I get that, so the mentality should be were pissed so let's take it out on our opponents, not give the finger to the league and seem like you screwed us so we don't care if we win or lose.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

I get that, so the mentality should be were pissed so let's take it out on our opponents, not give the finger to the league and seem like you screwed us so we don't care if we win or lose.

Either play or don't.  You still have to have self respect.  

I think if the players told the league they weren't going to play regardless of the leagues intentions then it's case closed.  The NFL already has half the country pissed.  They be done if they pissed off the other half.

Probably said already—The last 2 weeks have highlighted that the D is the problem. When the O can’t score 25 we lose. The O of the first 4 games was not sustainable for whatever reason, but they have competed the last 2 weeks and can score points when required. The D cannot make a stop, get a turnover, do anything when required.

Although the team has not been prepared, been out coached, and played poorly the last 2 weeks, the losses have been to 2 very good playoff caliber teams. So there’s a bit of a silver lining.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Either play or don't.  You still have to have self respect.  

I think if the players told the league they weren't going to play regardless of the leagues intentions then it's case closed.  The NFL already has half the country pissed.  They be done if they pissed off the other half.

And that's the maddening part having that self respect. I know we don't see the sidelines during the game much but when we do it's just a bunch of guys standing around watching, no group of players in a circle talking it out or coaches getting with certain positions groups. It's like they are there physically but not mentally.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, McBean said:

You can't name me one signature win in 4 years.

He hasn't beaten the Pats, sucked on primetime, and only beat the Steelers because the QB was named "Duck."

The Tennessee Titans have adopted their coaches attitude: Tough, resilient, aggressive, and don't back down from ANYBODY.

Our Bills have adopted their HC attitude: Timid, soft, and conservative with no aggression.

Sean McDermott was supposed to be a defensive guru yet, his defense is the worst I've seen in years.

A couple of other things:

1. The fake snap count to draw opposing team Offside DOESN'T WORK. It's soft. It's conservative. It's stupid. We let them rest for 5 minutes to just completely blow up the next play then proceeded to punt. That cost us huge.   They need to bring back EJ Manuel for this to work.

40 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Who ya gonna replace him with that’s gonna get us over the hump. Anyone who doesn’t have a job, doesn’t have one for a reason. 

Im not advocating that we fire him, far from it actually. 

What I’m saying is that the argument of a certain coach or player is better than what we’ve had during our playoff drought only gets you so far.

People made that argument for Tyrod and while it was true it ultimately didn’t amount to much. 

McD has gotten wins against bad and mediocre teams but ultimately struggled and looked outmatched against the better teams in the league. The expectations this year are obviously much higher than when he first got here and the way his defense has played thus far has certainly left him open to criticism. It’s his team and his vision and if he signs mediocre players from Carolina then the criticism is certainly warranted.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

And that's the maddening part having that self respect. I know we don't see the sidelines during the game much but when we do it's just a bunch of guys standing around watching, no group of players in a circle talking it out or coaches getting with certain positions groups. It's like they are there physically but not mentally.

There is something going on right now that is destroying comradory everywhere.  Hopefully it's over with soon.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The sad part was that was the strategy.... and he's fine with it...

I’ve heard of taking away another teams strengths but considering the conditions it was a horrible plan. To me tonight was perfect for blitzing & playing press man. I’d have been fine speeding up the game and forcing them to pass given the unpredictability of the wet conditions. Make Mahome’s throw dimes and collapse the pocket. The few passes I saw long looked wobbly & off target.

6 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Cool, but it means that they've built great defenses before. 

Rex Ryan was once considered the best defensive coach in football too, but just like the Tampa 2 and now the Vanilla McBeane D, his time passed.

I compared him to Marv Lewis earlier this year and was practically beheaded by the homers here, glad I’m not the only one seeing it.  Problem is he just got an extension, so McClappy is here to stay.  Get used to it all.  3 more years of wasting seasons with the pathetic fans excited about back door playoff appearances and getting beat by Bill O’Brien.

This was the last year to win with Allen under a reasonable contract, it will be wasted and once he signs the extension, a lot of guys have to go to make it work, mostly on D, so 3 more years of drafting defense for a ***** scheme.

Edited by DCofNC
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Stevie Ray said:

Amazing. A few weeks ago everyone here is talking about McD being COY consideration and bad mouthing Vrabel. Now its pitchforks and torches for McD and songs of praise and bouquets of flowers for Vrabel. The past few years have been an improvement and this team despite the bumps still has a promising future. Yes there is still work to be done, they are not finished yet. 

No offense but thats the difference between winning and losing.

9 hours ago, McBean said:

Sean McDermott - Overrated

Oh, nonsense. You're closer to Chicken Little than he is overrated.

Not that this team is playing well right now. They're not. But they played two Super Bowl contenders and still have time to get a signature win.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’ve heard of taking away another teams strengths but considering the conditions it was a horrible plan. To me tonight was perfect for blitzing & playing press man. I’d have been fine speeding up the game and forcing them to pass given the unpredictability of the wet conditions. Make Mahome’s throw dimes and collapse the pocket. The few passes I saw long looked wobbly & off target.

Blitzing and playing press man is like handing Mahomes a get out of jail free card and the key to the city.

He loves that.

The game plan wasn't the problem. Bad play was.

• Like (+1) 1